Bad day....

Domane

:( Meh! Since I've been back on SW (11th May), I've been doing the Couch to 5k running programme and I am signed up to a Race for Life on 14th July. I've been determined to run this and my training programme finishes as the race is due. I'm 50 and completely new to running (read "jog" :p) but I've been really enjoying the challenge of increasing my times and distances each week. I've lost a stone too along the way.

However, in the last week I've developed a problem with my right hip and despite an appointment with a physiotherapist and some treatment, I tried running this morning and couldn't manage it. I'm seeing my dream of running the race in a fortnight slipping away and subsequently I lost control of my eating today too.....

I know I need to draw a line under today and start afresh tomorrow but at the moment I just don't feel like I have anything to look forward to any more :( I'm worried that with no running I won't continue to lose weight and that everything will spiral downward.

I will still do the race... walking, even crawling if I have to, I wouldn't miss it for the world. A (younger) friend on FB did her R4L today, in a good time as well and I just feel so envious of her being able to when I have a big question mark hanging over mine. I hate that in my head I still feel 12 and yet my exterior is feeling the 50 years that it is! I'm an active person generally, my horses keep me busy but today I just feel choked.

Hi, im sorry to read your post hun. But try and focus on what u can do. You need to stay positive. Im only 31 and at my weight I couldnt do the race 4 life and 50 isnt really that old lol!!! Hold your head high as do as much as u can your determination is inspiring :D xxx

Ok instead of running could you try a little speed walking until you get your hip sorted?

Back