nikky0x

Hi,

I've just joined here, but been doing slimming world since Feb. I've had the worst week, and no real excuse. I have had a couple of gains, but "justifiable" in that there was a birthday etc. and I forgave myself. My weigh in is tomorrow, and I suppose I just want some reassurance that I haven't completely messed up. I know I'm going to put on, and I feel like I've let myself down. I'm already annoyed with myself and I haven't even seen the dreadful number yet.

How do you recover, and how do you forgive yourself?

Hi Nikky and welcome.

It's a massive cliche but it's just about drawing a line under what you've eaten and starting again the next day. You have to be in the right mindset too. I've had so many 'blips' where I've let a bad day turn into a bad week and really been annoyed with myself and skipped going to group. Then it spirals out of control and I stop doing it altogether. More recently I've come to the conclusion that bad days / weekends / weeks are going to happen, so there's no point in punishing yourself. E.g. I was away with my OH all weekend where I had no control over my food (it was all set for us). I went and rolled with it and enjoyed myself, but as soon as I got back on Sunday I drew a line and from Monday onwards I've been back on SW, keeping a food diary etc and hoping for a maintain or small loss this week. In short, don't beat yourself up and whatever you do don't skip weigh in. Go, accept what it is, forget about it and get straight back on it.

Kx

The way I see it is you have to live and this will mean that you gain on occasion. Theres nothing to be disappointed with just as Kikaroo said, draw a line and start again :) Good Luck! x

So, I put on 4lb...that really was a bad week. I'm glad I went, as I think if I'd skipped out, I wouldn't decide to try harder this week.

I'm trying hard not to beat myself up and my boyfriend has vowed to be a bit more supportive this week!

So, I put on 4lb...that really was a bad week. I'm glad I went, as I think if I'd skipped out, I wouldn't decide to try harder this week.

I'm trying hard not to beat myself up and my boyfriend has vowed to be a bit more supportive this week!

It's fine, draw that line and start a new week... you have to take it a week at a time if you don't you will go to pot, even if there is a gain its important you go as it will spiral out of control.
My outlook is you have to live, if you dont live its never going to work, we're only human at the end of the day!

Good luck for this week :) x

It's fine, draw that line and start a new week... you have to take it a week at a time if you don't you will go to pot, even if there is a gain its important you go as it will spiral out of control.
My outlook is you have to live, if you dont live its never going to work, we're only human at the end of the day!

Good luck for this week :) x

Thanks for your support! Went to Tesco last night after group and picked up loads of fruit and nice free/low syn things to eat! No Candy Floss grapes left though :(:apple:

Thanks for your support! Went to Tesco last night after group and picked up loads of fruit and nice free/low syn things to eat! No Candy Floss grapes left though :(:apple:

I've never been able to find the grapes!! And that what we're here for to support each other. I'm having low losses at the mo.. which isn't like me.. tonight I bought a note book and made my own food diary. I'm going back to basics to see if it helps. Good luck this week. Let me know if u need help xx

It's hard, but I find it best not to let the guilt get me down! Like you've said, life happens; for me, it's about making the best choices. Sometimes, there aren't any really good choices. But I'm finding that if I plan well, and don't beat myself up, that I generally do a lot better! It's come up at group a few times, that we seem to lose better when we're happy, and in a good place - even if there are blips along the way. SW really is a way of life, not a diet.

Back