Baileys/Irish Cream

Sorry, I haven't made it yet.
I have been a bit busy but I will do it tomorrow and I will also do the advocat and let you know the recipe, if it works! :)

Talk about genius I am really looking forward to hearing about the Advocat Good luck x

Hi Malaika, glad you didn't mind. did you try my version ? just curios to know what you thought.
How do you make advocat, i like that too lol.

Sorry for taking so long. I tried your version on Saturday and drank the whole lot in the evening. It was YUM, thank you.
I have not made the advocat yet but will do soon plus my version of the Baileys again, maybe tweaked. I'll let you know.

just tried the egg baileys recipe, and it is good. I added some cocoa and put less sweetner in, still a little sweet for me but compares favourably with the super-evil one I made a few months ago. The full-fat version keeps in the fridge for about 6 weeks apparently because of the sugar and alcohol content, but can't see any reason why this one wouldn't keep for a couple of days in fridge. Perfect for christmas and half a bottle for 10 syns (inc hexa for milk), fantastic! :D Suzanne

Hi all. Nobel prize on the way for services to Baileys loving slimmers! Quick q - I tried the Baileys with quark - and it tasted kind of "powdery" - do you think that's down to the quark or using splenda?

I haven't tried it with the quark again but will do so before Christmas!
I am a bit scared to in case it separates too.
Last time I threw it away as it was sour so I never gave it a chance to settle.
I do LOVE the eggy version... I love it too much and drink it too quickly so will wait..
I also added chocolate... yummy!
I still have not made the advokat, sorry! That will also come closer to Christmas as I know I will over indulge!!

what is the recipe for the advoKat please...

OMG!! just made the eggy baileys - delish!!! Definately going to make some of this for crimbo!

I've got a recipe from BBC good food site its not low sugar or low fat though.

My question is would this still be any better syns than the real one you buy ???? Its cheaper so thats why I'm going to be making it and giving it as presents.

Here it is:
300g dulche de leche (I buy the one that carnation make in a tin)
1 tbsp coffee made in a tbsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml brandy
284ml+142ml pots of of single cream (!) I used elm lea light to save syns and it was fine.

Beat all ingredients together except cream, then stir cream in to mix well. Keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge apparently, although I think it'd last longer. Makes 1 litre

Any ideas ?

Yeah - I've done the maths and it works out better !

Nestle carnation caramel 100g = 15syns
35 ml brandy =4 syns
100ml elmlea light = 7.5 syns

So altogether the good food recipe comes to 111 syns for 1 litre whereas normal Baileys is 25ml=4syn, 35ml=5.5syns, 70ml=11syns..... approx 157 syns for 1 litre.

Excellent I'm chuffed with this, as it actually tastes better than Baileys too :D

Last edited:
Mmmmmm funny thing though the elmlea single light and normal come to 1 syn for a tablespoon. Just wondering if the difference becomes much more as you increase the volumes of them. Will try to find the info on the tub to see.

mmhhh what a lovey idea, I have quark in the fridge as I also bulk buy the stuff <;O) but no brandy or whiskey as we don't drink it so I will try it with Morgan's spice rum. I'm sure it will be lush too, Thank you Malaika

I've got a recipe from BBC good food site its not low sugar or low fat though.

My question is would this still be any better syns than the real one you buy ???? Its cheaper so thats why I'm going to be making it and giving it as presents.

Here it is:
300g dulche de leche (I buy the one that carnation make in a tin)
1 tbsp coffee made in a tbsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml brandy
284ml+142ml pots of of single cream (!) I used elm lea light to save syns and it was fine.

Beat all ingredients together except cream, then stir cream in to mix well. Keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge apparently, although I think it'd last longer. Makes 1 litre

Any ideas ?

Thank you soooo much for this recipe, have just rustled a batch up.. only difference is used carnation condensed and not the one suggested but it tastes absolutely devine!! Cannot believe I can drink a baileys type drink, and it tastes good and it not be tooo fattening..

Once again thank yoou and Merry Xmas... cheers x

Mmmmmm I'm bumping this recipe for myself ! So I can find it when I need to make some Baileys. My bbc good food version worked out to be 111syns per litre compared to shop bought 157syns per litre :)

baileys is my absolute fave drink and was gno buy sum for xmas but then looked at the syns!! yikesssssssssss so thankyou for posting this!!! whats everything think about it?x

Back