Balancing

Now, this may because I'm still getting the hang of it, but looking at my numbers on myfitness pal, I am easily reaching just under my fat intake, I'm pretty under my protein, though did have a can of tuna before to help up this, and I am way, way under for carbs. Yesterday and today were both 8, and it's set to thirty. I have eaten a lot today, scrambled eggs, devilled eggs, cheese,peperami, two loaded lettuce leaves with chicken bacon mayo. I am in that horrible stage I was with Exante; crappy, grumpy, lethargic, headachy. But at least not hungry eh! Also drinking lots of water. Should I be worrying/ thinking about adding other stuff, and if so what? I'm trying not to get too caught up in numbers, if I'm not hungry, I won't eat for the sake of it ( cause that's just a dangerous path in my view!) should I be taking multivitamins? Aside from pre-ketosis moans, I am feeling much less bloated, and can almost feel the carbs screaming as they leave my body.

You don't want to be too low carb but you need to get your carb intake from the right places - and that should be mostly veg. Salad leaves, cucumber and mushrooms are practically zero carb. Try adding things like broccoli, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, aubergine and courgette to get your carbs up in a healthy way. All cooked in some oil or butter of course ;)

Your food doesn't look a lot to me - make sure you're getting a decent calorie intake too.

And yes a multivitamin is always a good idea just as a safety net.

Oh brill, I love all them, so that should be easy! Woke up in a good place this morning, the lovely world of ketosis :) lots of energy, no hunger. Just had an Exante bar, just wasn't hungry but was getting a little light headed.... Now kicking myself for being lazy and not making anything to eat as I've just entered it in mfP and it's taken over 2/3 of my daily carbs! Low low carb for the rest of the day, and have learnt to check what I eat before I gobble it.

Oops - exante and low carb dont usually mix. Cold meat/cheese is usually a good snack if you dont want to cook:)

Back