Balsamic Vinegar

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi ladies and gents...

Advice please, ive just gone and got a salad bowl for lunch. I asked for some balsamic vinegar to be put on the top then realised that only the vinegar is free and not dressing - i asked was it balsamic vinegar or dressing she put on it and she said that its the same thing!!! Clearly not - but now am concerned.

Does anyone know what the norm is for sandwich and salad bars if its the vinegar or the dressing they use? If it is the dressing then any idea of the average syn value.

Also i had a few croutons in the salad just to give it a bit of bite - any ideas of syn value for these?

Thanks in advance :)

x

There's nothing to be done about it now so I wouldn't worry too much. it's impossible to say which was used but if you want to be on safe side and syn it then here is the syn value for balsamic dressing

Dressing, Balsamic dressing, standard, 1 level tbsp 3

Croutons are about 5½ syns per 25g

By the way there is is a dedicated sub-forum where you can post questions about syn values as it makes it easier if people are searching for particular syn values :)

Balsamic Vinegar= Hmmm, balsamic vinegar. Balsamic dressing= a dressing made with balsamic vinegar and, usually, oil. And she didn't know this?! Duh, springs to mind.:rolleyes:
I wouldn't loose too much sleep but, as PatchworkPuss suggested, maybe a count a couple of syns. :)

Back