Balti pork with chick peas

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Recipes' started by busybee9015, 2 November 2010 Social URL.

1. busybee9015

busybee9015 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.22%)
    Serves 1 - 4.5 points

low fat cooking spray
    150g pork loin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
    1 small onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 medium red chilli, deseeded and chopped
    1 garlic clove, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
    1 tbsp garam masala
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    6 tbsp water
    75g canned no sugar chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    1 tsp lemon juice

1. Spray a wok with the cooking spray, then add the pork and stir fry over a medium heat until browned all over. Remove the cooked pork using a slotted spoon.

2. Respray the wok, add the onion, stir fry for 6 minutes. Add the chilli, garlic and green pepper, then stir fry for another 1 minute.

3. Return the pork to the wok. Stir in the garam masala and tomato puree, then the water and chickpeas. Cook over a medium heat stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and add a little extra water, if necessary, then season and serve.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. December1

December1 Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.58%)
    This sounds delicious!. I think I'd knock the meat out and have a roti with it..I'll go and check the points. Thanks for the recipe!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.