Banana Pancakes

AlmostThere85

Now I hate magic pancakes, but I love bananas so I decided to make banana pancake.

I mashed up a banana (you could use two if you wanted) until mushy. If your banana is still a bit hard then maybe stick it in the microwave for 30 secs to soften it up.

Once mashed add some sweetener (to taste) and mix in an egg. Pour into your pan, either a whole pancake or a few mini ones.

Perfect for dessert or breakfast.

I actually counted it as free. Only because I never had my banana with my lunch today. But if you were being strict then I guess you should syn the banana. (5syns)

Attachments

• image-2655818132.jpg
    image-2655818132.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 989
Last edited:
why do we syn bananas? god ive so much to learn! these look soooo amazing will be trying it in the morn for brekkie. i usually have a banana anyway yay! thanks

why do we syn bananas? god ive so much to learn! these look soooo amazing will be trying it in the morn for brekkie. i usually have a banana anyway yay! thanks

any fruit not in it's raw form (i.e. blended, cooked, tinned, dried etc) is synned.

However even with synning the banana it would be a nice sweet alternative :)

0 syns if u use frylite its banana and egg. both free or maybe add a couple of syns for cooking the banana but i cant see that this will make a huge impact as you are only adding a bit of heat?

not my recipe tho so apologies if im wrong...poster shud take all the credit for this gem of a recipe!

Thank you I appreciate the response. I have tried SW a few times but never given it a chance as I found the meetings so boring & far too long. I am considering following it myself from home & using this site as my support group (if I can work out how to use it properly)!! Thanks again can't wait to try the pancakes:)

i was exactly the same. joined and went to meeting but to be honest my consultant was obnoxious and i felt i.knew more about nutrition then her. i gave up. started again 2 wks ago and am still not convinced. one thing i will say is that i am never hungry but i would advise either counting cals or pointing ss well because there is the risk of over eating on free foods, alot of which are carbs. it will take time to find wat works for u. trial and error but best of luck. ive found this site very inspirational and u can do it alone with this support!

Thanks for posting this little beauty :) just having a look around the recipes and this was first one I viewed was feeling like snacking but decided to make this just eating it now.... Delicious mmmm

How many syns is the banana once cooked please ?

If your not cheating and giving the banana a syn I think a cooked banana has 5 syns.

But I'm naughty and count it as free. I just think of I can have pasta n sauce or a mugshot and count that as free then a banana isn't going to harm anything.

And glad you like the recipe. I love banana so it's perfect. I'd even have it if I wasn't dieting lol :)

Ooh 5 syns really oops that's higher than I thought :-( anyway I'm all for a little tweak here and there and like you say if a mug shot or mullerlight can be free I can't see why a cooked banana can't be lol ;-)

i tried this and honestly it was horrible lol sorry poster it was omlet not pancake lol trial and error xx

Back