Bananas! Thoughts please...

mishelly77

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little advice please.

I stick to plan almost every week 100% but I very rarely lose more than 1/2lb to 1lb if I'm lucky.

Week before last, I maintained. My consultant said although my food diary was 100% I needed to eat more superfree. So, I incorporated berries after lunch and mango, pineapple and kiwi EVERY night after tea! Last week I lost 2 and 1/2lb.
So, this week, I did exactly the same and have stayed the same. So my consultant has looked at my food diary again tonight and told me that the chopped banana I have on my cereal each morning is not superfree.
I showed consultant my book where it shows bananas in superfree section and he said because they're not "super speed" that this is impeding my weight loss!!!
I'm seriously confused and fed up!
Any advice greatly appreciated please xxx

Well, bananas are definitely superfree and are totally on plan; and you are losing but not at a rate that your happy with; it might be a good idea to swap them out for superfree superspeed foods if you want to improve your rate of loss. I think if you tried to cut down on them and looked at your progress over a month you may see your losses have sped up?

In saying that; if you love bananas keep having them; any weight loss in a great step in the right direction!

I have 2 weetabix with a banana and strawberries with milk for breakfast and I always had reasonble losses try adding another fruit may work. Good luck

Your consultant needs to get retrained I think. Bananas are superfree. End of. Superspeed foods will speed up your weight loss, but not eating them should not be a reason for no weight loss!

I tend to eat quite a few bananas as I find them a quick to grab snack (when I'm low on energy and other tempting fruits) but this week I've headed to the fridge for apples instead so if it helps this week I'll let you know.

I tend to eat quite a few bananas as I find them a quick to grab snack (when I'm low on energy and other tempting fruits) but this week I've headed to the fridge for apples instead so if it helps this week I'll let you know.
^^^^ Yes please Missripples:)

Thank you all for your advice and thoughts. I've got 8 of them left so I will eat them and then lay off them for a while to see if that makes any difference.

My consultant is usually very good but I think I put him on the spot and he may have been clutching at straws, lol;)

Thanks once again cxxx

Just to let you know I lost better this week and reduced my banana intake from about 12 to around 7 (but without counting back that's an estimate).

I am trying the same again to see if it was just fluke but there is no way I'm cutting them out entirely as they still have to be a way better choice than a bag of crisps! Hope it goes well for you too :)

I love banana's and have at least one a day, don't have any problems.... like others have said they are superfree and they are much better then a bag of crisps

That's strange, I have a banana everyday after my lunch and it hasn't effected mine, if anything its help because it's the only fruit i'll eat! Whilst I'm here....Has anyone got any tips on how I can include more fruit in my day to day life, is there anyway I could blend different fruits or does that effect it being superfree?! I live on vegetables, it's just the fruit I cant stand! :( x

That's strange, I have a banana everyday after my lunch and it hasn't effected mine, if anything its help because it's the only fruit i'll eat! Whilst I'm here....Has anyone got any tips on how I can include more fruit in my day to day life, is there anyway I could blend different fruits or does that effect it being superfree?! I live on vegetables, it's just the fruit I cant stand! :( x
Hello...I feel you! I also dislike most fruit. I am vegetarian too so I force myself to eat the odd banana (sometimes makes me gag!) and apples - which I actually quite like. I don't know why but I prefer the apples if I cut them up, and have different varieties, raw carrots are a good alternative as they're a bit sweet. If you blend fruit as in a smoothie or juice it becomes a syn. You could bake an apple (SW recipe online), do you like frozen berries? I sometimes mix them into a yoghurt. If you eat plenty of veg then I can't see a problem with not eating fruit if you don't like it.

Sorry to say this but bananas will not affect your weight loss. It will be something else!!!

I don't know why bananas get such a bad reputation, they are superfree!!!! The only thing is they are not speed or super speed, but then neither are blueberries and people don't cut them out.

I love apples too, but only when I chop them into segments. Don't like to bite into an apple. I got this from Ikea to chop apples.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1362324077.541875.jpg

I know that bananas bung me up and stop me going to the toilet therefore the week I cut them out I lost 4.5 pounds. They are superfree but they do bung some people up. I know that bread and bananas affect me so I have stopped the bananas and only have the occasional wholemeal roll and now my losses are consistent x

Back