Step 1 Sole Source + Banishing junk food and junk thoughts

Thanks *fraufrau*! Oops, forgot to come back after weigh-in.

CDC arrived 2 hours early, when I'd just had a huge glass of water and was bursting for a wee. I made her wait while I nipped to the loo. :bolt:

Anyway, I lost 1lb. Not great, but at least it was a loss not a gain, and blah blah excuses blah blah totm blah blah...

I've been 100% since Sunday, other than a little sneaky post weigh-in treat of a piece of courgette cake made by a colleague. If you haven't had it, it's SO much nicer than you'd imagine. Actually, don't imagine it. It's gross. All cake is gross. We don't need yucky cake!!

I now have 8 days (including today) until my next weigh-in, no meals out that I can't avoid, and no totm. I really hope I can stay motivated and have a good loss!

I know what you mean but at least it IS a loss!! If you get your head in the right place then you could shift 5lb easy in a week. I have had the odd nibble of stuff this week so don't know how well I will do at WI on Saturday. We shall see. I need a really strict week, but realistically speaking I think I can only stick at SS for a fortnight or so then need a week off before I do it again for the last blast!!

You can do it hon, like you said nothing on the calendar this week and no raging hormones so you could get yourself a really good loss!! Xxxx

You-hoo :wavey: found you!

Its been lovely reading through your diary. I have been chuckling away to myself, your sense of humour comes over so clearly in your posts, just the lift I needed today :character00238:

I am totally with you on the subject of soups :9529:they are horrid. I stick to the shakes & the lemon & cranberry bars. If I have dire need of a savoury fix a cup of bouillon see's me right.

I'm sure you'll be on it like a car bonnet for the next week :cool:

Hi Ruthlet! Aww, if reading my ramblings lifted you a little, I am VERY glad. :)

Although now I feel I ought to be entertaining or something, and it's Saturday and I haven't done anything exciting and I accidentally ate a piece of chocolate and a yoghurt and I'm feeling annoyed and have had several cups of coffee to keep my mind off food and I'm feeling a little caffeinated and what on earth is this smiley, really???:banana dancer:

I haven't tried the bars yet, but if I do manage to stick to it for the rest of the week, and get a decent weightloss despite my little mishap this morning :banghead: I may ask my CDC about them.

I'm definitely feeling as though I've lost weight now, and am noticing a small reduction in my double chin! I might attempt to alter a couple more items of clothing this weekend, so I have something to wear that doesn't fall down. Apparently, flashing your knickers in the office is "not the done thing". Who knew?!

Hi AuburnAshes! I'm enjoying reading your diary, it's making me laugh :) Laughing at this smiley :banana dancer:
I've had chocolate courgette cake before, and it is surprisingly delicious, and it has vegetables... therefore it must be healthy... right? But yeah, cake is bad, yukky and gross, we don't want to eat that stuff!
I don't mind most of the soups but the spicy tomato is just grim! I actually couldn't eat any more than 2 spoonfuls, and I love my food so that is saying something! Spicy chilli is my favorite.
xx

:banana dancer: hahahahahahaah. Maybe it is supposed to represent what happens when you have too much caffeine!

I do find the bars handy. They are much easier to cart around in bag in case of emergency re-fuel and I find that a bar with a nice cup of coffee can banish the foodie grumps.

Gone are the days when flashing your knickers in the office got you promoted ;) You are so good adjusting your clothes yourself. My size 20 jeans are falling off me now and the next size I have is a 16 :confused: so I am making do with the 20's belted tightly with long tops so no-one can see the ridiculous gathered waistline!

As for the yoghurt and chocolate - its done now. Draw a line under it and neck some water instead. I read somewhere in the CWP spiel that models drink iced water to take the edge off of their appetite. When I had a mad half hour yesterday I gave it a go and it totally worked!

I hope you have a good day :)

Haha, the caffeine-smiley is still making me giggle.

Oh honestly, I am really not good at altering clothes. My mum (who IS good at that sort of thing) would be horrified if she saw how I'd done it. I just about get away with it because I don't wear anything very fitted, and always have a top that covers my waistband, so the stitches (that look like they were done my a one-legged cat) stay hidden.

I had a couple of little diet breakthrough moments this morning:

My scales said a number that began with an 11. :happy036: I remember them saying that around the time I got married (in 1999) but it has only happened once since, and only briefly. That takes my BMI just a smidge under the magic number 30 (yup, that also means I am a short-arris!).

And a skirt I bought online last year that was too tight (but I never got around to sending back) fits! I rather like it, and always secretly hoped one day I'd be able to wear it, but didn't really believe I would. :) :)

It's always the little things that throw me off a diet, so I want to make sure that positive little things give me a burst of motivation.

100% today....come ooooooooon!!!!

:bliss:

Phew *sits down for a rest*

I spent the last few days panicking that I would gain weight this week, and was finding it all very difficult, but I lost 5lbs! :D

So very happy with that because it pushes me over the stone mark.

It has also suddenly made all my clothes fall off. :eek: I'm going to have to go and buy a couple of things for work this weekend, because I had an appointment with a client today and kept having to hitch my skirt back up in a rather inelegant manner! Very professional I was. :rolleyes:

Struggling a bit today because I had to dash out of the house without coffee or porridge this morning, and then didn't get back until 2pm, by which time I felt a bit weak. I had a shake and a big glass of water, then fell asleep. Oops!

I think I'm going to have eggs and salad to perk me up a bit, but I've procrastinated for the last hour due to lethargy.

Jo, you are not going to feel less lethargic until you get up and make some dinner. STOP LAZING AROUND AND GET TO IT! :whip:

Hmm, this is the second time today I've realised I was talking to myself. What on earth do they put in those shakes??!! :rotflmao:

5lbs is flipping AMAZING :party0019:

Well done on sticking with it - smaller clothes & under BMI 30, wowsers its all good stuff!

Have fun shopping, I treated myself to a couple of dresses in tesco last week. I don't have any jeans that fit & am still too big for my summer dresses so I totally HAD to buy them ;) They are so lovely I am almost tempted to go back & get them in a smaller size :nono:

Have a nice weekend x

Thanks Ruthlet!

Psst, buy the dresses in both sizes. Buy them. Doooo it.

Huh, who said that? :whistle:

It all went a bit pear-shaped today.

Well, cake-shaped, which is worse still. :break_diet: Oh dear...

So normally I would give up at this point and let the rest of the week slip by in a crisp-filled slump, but I reckon I have got basically 5 days to save myself from the [dramatic music] SCAAAAALES OF DOOOOOOM [/dramatic music]. It might not be enough to come back from the foodfest that was this afternoon, but I'm going to give it a go.

The worst thing is that I promised Sophie I would be 100% all week!! Sorryyyyyy. :eek:

I promise I will be 100% for the rest of the week. *blush*

Last edited:
You know when you work out your finances and discover you can't really afford to do CWP? Yeah, that.

But I am going to continue, even if it means eating (nom) into my savings, because this is the first time I've felt really motivated and ready to be slim.

I'm just going to see it as a reason to really push hard, and get to goal as soon as possible. Every time I manage not to snack, I'm saving myself another week @ close to £50.

How's that for turning a negative into a positive?? :D :D

That's the way to look at it Auburn Ashes! It is pricey - but I know there is no way I would lose weight on something like slimming world or weight watcher. Besides by the time you factor in the fee and cost of shopping I am not sure how different the price is?

I view it as an investment in my future, which with my slim healthy body will hopefully be a long future ;)

Hello lovely lady. I haven't 'seen' you around for a while so just thought I'd pop my head in here & say hello :wavey:

I hope all is OK with you :hug99:

Hello Mrs! Wondered where you went! You're doing great! All good stuff! Xxx

Hi Auburn what a fab and funny diary, how are you getting I'm as you haven't posted fot a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back