Barbecue

slimmerwithin

Hi, I have some friends coming round for a bbq next Friday (the day after my first weight in). I am on SS+ and usually have skimmed milk. However, I am thinking that if I dont have my milk for a few days and save it up, could I have a small piece of steak and salmon with some salad and a vegetable kebab. Nothing else, ie dessert, alcohol etc. Would this stop my weight loss or ketosis?

you'd have to be very careful about your portions as well as which veggies to have on your veggie kebab! stick to green or white veggies only as you wouldn't want to kick yourself out of ketosis for the sake of a bit of red pepper!!

I can't imagine it would knock you out of ketosis as long as you don't have any carbs....... but like I said be very careful with how much you eat!

grrrrrr social situation are so difficult on cambridge :(

Its my graduation soon and I really want to be able to drink and have a good time with my friends but I hate the first few days(doesn't everyone) so I don't really want to break it just for one night :(

xxx

so would courgettes, green peppers, onions and mushrooms be ok?

the courgettes and the mushrooms are fine, onions are too sweet and I don't think we can have green peppers, ummmmm I know it might be strange on a kebab but broccoli??

xx

Chicken kebabs, quorn burgers, white fish, green and white veggies - isn't there enough choice without having to break the diet?

Having said that, one meal isn't going to make a huuuge difference - just be prepared that you may gain a lb or 2!

Jenni x

What's it like? Is it similar to meat?

If so, I can't wait for AAMW, I'll love quorn burgers/sausages :D

I don't know whether they taste like meat as I've been a veggie all my life but I think they're yummy!!

jenni are you on the moneysaving expert forum too??

xxx

If you do option b of SS+ you can eat veg and protein.

I would either have a chicken breast stuffed with fresh herbs on the BBQ, and have that with some green salad, or maybe BBq'd courgettes, mushroom and Aspargus which is gorgeous done on the BBQ!.

I've had loads of BBQ's this summer since doing SS+/810 and I believe that even Quorn sausages are ok to have!

ENJOY:)

why can you have white fish and chicken, but not very lean steak or salmon? Is it about the calories, because I wouldnt have thought that they would have kicked you out of ketosis.

dont think they kick u out of ketosis but the calories are higher in steak then chicken i know on atkins u can have any

Back