Barbiegal's Exante Journey Starts Here!

xnickyfitchx said:
I'm not quite sure how the diet plan you are following works (as I have never heard of it :)) ... I just wanted to say congratulations on the arrival of your little one, I had my little boy in October ;)

Thank you! Congrats to you too! :)

Woohoo! Went out Saturday as I had been mentioning & looking forward to since the start of exante 3 weeks ago! Had a gorgeous pamper day and then went for dinner in French restaurant in Covent Garden. Although I was quite good on the main I couldn't resist my fave starter- goats cheese on focaccia! (couldn't get much worse for carbs & calories I'm sure!!) but was only small slice of cheese and little square of bread which I cut in half width ways so left half of that. It was soooo good! For main had salmon fillet with watercress sauce round the edge & I asked for green beans instead of the mash, and gave my champagne cocktail to my mum & drank wAter.
Been dreading weigh in this morning but still managed a 4lb loss this week- so chuffed! Happy days!! 1st cheat in 3 wks though & straight back on track!
Have a good day peeps! :)

Brilliant Barbiegal - you handled that hurdle perfectly and had a great time as well. Go you!

Dreamer said:
Wow, that's brilliant, well done barbiegal :)

Thanks Dreamer! Starting to notice my jeans are pretty loose now so might try the size smaller, eeek! It will be mass depression if they don't fit though and annoying as all my current ones are starting to look ridiculous and baggy around the bum!
How are things with you? I have decided to have a few working solution days next week! :)

Good luck if you do! If one shop's size doesn't fit though, do try a couple more. Things are ok with me, after a couple of weeks cheating, I moved onto diet chef (pre-packaged meals), but I am overdoing the snacks. I'm still in calorie deficit though and don't feel deprived so I am losing again, just not as fast as on Exante. Still planning to come back to it to finish my packs, later this month or early the next month, but I think I will do working solution too. :)

Dreamer said:
Good luck if you do! If one shop's size doesn't fit though, do try a couple more. Things are ok with me, after a couple of weeks cheating, I moved onto diet chef (pre-packaged meals), but I am overdoing the snacks. I'm still in calorie deficit though and don't feel deprived so I am losing again, just not as fast as on Exante. Still planning to come back to it to finish my packs, later this month or early the next month, but I think I will do working solution too. :)

Diet chef sounds good, is the food ok tasting? Have a good weekend :)

Got some jeans today...in the size smaller than normal :) yay! Still means I'm in size 20 which is several sizes from my size 14/16 target, but it is a start I guess! For the last few years for trousers I have always had to get size 22 :( For some reason today though I'm having a down day and am hating this diet! Hopefully things will pick up again tomorrow, I hate that food (or lack of it!) affects my emotions so much!

The food is lovely. The mac cheese is ok, but I add paprika because it's too bland for me. I think it's a good step up after coming off exante as the meals with snack are only 700-800 calories, and you can build up gradually to normal calories.

Size 20 is good, you're starting to get into stylish jeans range. I find most companies cater well for size 8 to 18. I'm in very loose 20s but not fitting into my 18s yet. We'll prob get there around the same time as I'm on a slower plan.

Sorry you're having a down day though :( Do you think you can stick at it a bit longer? It's a great kickstart? If not, do you have an alternative? Really hope you have an up day today

V

3.75lb lost this week! Had hoped for 4or5 but still pleased. Having a few working solutions evenings this week so hoping I still lose! X

4.25lb lost this week, really pleased!! This coming week might be a bad one- my son's christening tomorrow, birthday next tues & next saturday out to Prezzo with friends! Hoping not to gain more than 1lb in total though over the week-not sure how that will go! :0/

Barbie, wow! You're doing so well :) I reckon if you stick to it 100% on your other days, and don't completely carbload in the 2 to 3 days before weigh in, you should still lose. It would take a lot of calories to give you a proper fat gain. Try to stay away from bread, pasta, crisps, chocolate before weigh in.

Dreamer said:
Barbie, wow! You're doing so well :) I reckon if you stick to it 100% on your other days, and don't completely carbload in the 2 to 3 days before weigh in, you should still lose. It would take a lot of calories to give you a proper fat gain. Try to stay away from bread, pasta, crisps, chocolate before weigh in.

Thanks Dreamer :) how's Diet Chef going?

Back