Barb's going at it a little differently!

Hi Emz and Katierose

sorry, been awol again. Feeling much better, a bit wheezy still but on the mend. Very bad timing though, managed to gain 2lbs sitting around drinking tea and eating biscuits so I need to lose 3lbs to be on target for the end of Feb! Not too worried as feel more up to it now so should be ok. Am kind of resigned to the fact that a lot of weight is not going to be gone before the holiday. Hey ho.

:DHi Barb x
Glad your feeling a bit better xx :D You have been through alot recently and have been quite poorly so am hoping that you are feeling alot better now and back up to strength xx
Answered your query re: Curves on my diary :D
Hope you have a good week and speak soon xxx:)

Thanks Katierose, just gone on the Curves website and sent an email for info!

Got back from work lunchtime, ready to make a nice low cal salad, DH has been to the bakery and bought me the biggest iced choux cream bun I have ever seen! I ate it, well most of it. What'a girl to do?

Yeh you should have eaten it! It was a gift! ;)
Glad to hear that you're on the mend, shame about those lbs, but such is life, you can get them next month :)
Getting excited about your hol? I'm so jealous!
HOpe that you have a lovely weekend. x

Hope that everything's ok.
x

Hiya Barb

Hope you are getting on ok. I am a bit like you, I panic and think I need to loose the weight NOW which is why I keep failing especially at VLCD's.

I am now following SW and having the mindset that it is not going to happen overnight and as long as I keep losing I dont care how long it takes.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

x x x

So, been awol again and then come on here and find the lovely post above. Thank you, it is much appreciated.

We had a wonderful holiday in gorgeous Madeira, ate and drank like demons but only gained a lb. Since getting back have had yet another awful cold and on weighing today was surprised to see that the gained lb had gone and taken a friend with it! So 3 months into 2011 and 2 of my planned 12 to lose have gone. Very pleased with that. Would like to see a faster pace but at the end of it all, as long as it goes, who cares how long it takes?

We have a cruise booked for September and I figure I will have lost another 6lbs by then, that will make a real difference I think.

Asthma proving hard to beat right now. Moving about is difficult and I feel generally low. On the plus side I don;t really have the breath to eat, so meals are tiny at the moment. I suppose that's one way of losing weight!

Oh darling, sorry to hear that you weren't well. Are you better now?
Asthmas awful! It's so knackering being all tight and wheezy!
Good news about the lbs though! And I'm glad that you enjoyed your holiday!

How's it going?
x

haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you are feeling ok and not suffering too much with your asthma x x

Heya! Hope that you're well hun!
This warm weather should be easing the asthma hopefully.
See you soon!

Morning Barb

Just pop in to say hello so we know you are ok. Missing your posts x x

Thanks for popping in girls, have had a very rocky road lately and a mega shock yesterday.

The pain from my joints, especially hands and shoulders has got really bad lately so gp did some tests. Long and short i have inflamatory arthritis just about everywhere and have to make some serious life changes. I wasn't that surprised about that tbh but then she said that I had a fasting glucose level of 7.6 and that she thought I was very likely to be diabetic!! I am so upset, I haven't told anyone yet, except here of course, but feel in total panic mode. She said that both the diabetes(not yet confirmed of course but you know me, panicking already) and arthritis are most probably the result of very long term high dose steroids, but that did not make me feel any better.

I feel like it's my fault, because i am too fat. That's all I hear in the media and now I just feel liek another flippin' statistic.

Anyway, much as I want to throw every toy out of my pram, i have to address this. I have to swim at least 3 days a week (can't do 'normal' exercise because of my joints) and I HAVE to lose weight.

So no more softly, softly for me. I've got to get myself sorted. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya barb

lovely to hear from you. I hope you decide which plan to follow soon. I'm not gonna say which one because I know you are like me and know every diet inside out.

The swimming will be good for your joints, no pressure.

Keep in touch and don't be going AWOL again.

x x x

Thank you Size 16 Will D (it would do me too!), all encouragement very gratefully received.

I am doing the food diary, cutting out the sweet stuff almost completely and also restricting the carbs and processed food. I am going to give this plan 3 weeks, see the gp again, get the blood glucose checked on the 8th and then decide whether to carry on with this plan or whether to go WW or whatever.

So far (ok it is only day 2!) I have been strong. NO eating between meals, no biscuits/sweets/cake/choc and a high protein lunch and dinner featuring lots of veg.

I feel different, this is about my life. This is a choice between staying mobile and healthy or becoming a wheelchair bound person in a matter of just a few short years.

If there was nothing i could do that would help, fair enough, I would have to accept that fate. But there is and I am going for it 100%.

Hi Barb,

Cutting out sweet stuff is hard. My main downfall is chocolate. I can't just have one piece, I have to have the whole bar. I just don't have it in the house, out of sight out of mind kind of thing. This is only my second week on slimming world and i'm finding my cravings for sweet things are getting less:D
Good luck with your weight loss.:)

Thanks tech1960ps

my real downfall is the biscuit tin. I love them, plain, rich you name it. So I am cutting them out, I try cutting down but I find once i start I can't resist. So, if I am determined (which i totally am) then the best thing to do is to stay away from what I crave! That's the theory anyway.

Sounds like you are doing well, I've never tried SW but know a lot of people do incredibly well on it.

Hello Barb

just want to wish you well, and I am sure swimming will ease your joints. I really admire you, I can't swim and am too embarrassed to learn! :eek:

I am trying hard to lose all my weight for mainly health reasons and for the shock result my heart age was!!!

My downfall is savoury rather than sweet, and it just ain't easy is it? I find with time, it becomes less of a struggle and ordeal to 'do without!!!' I have had to be so strict with myself and I have had a couple of blips along the way!!!

How much weight would you like to lose Barb?

I hope your joints become more comfortable in time.

(p.s..how did I miss your diary for so long?????? :confused:)

Rx

Thanks Rose, I certainly mean to do it. Haven't set any definite goal and I suppose i should really. I am currently around 16.6 but am only a shortie, so I guess 5 stone has to come off at least. I will ask my gp what she thinks about it. I am in my early 50's now so am not aching to be a size 10 - 16 would be fine I think.

I don't think it is you missing my diary as much as me not being on here as much as i need to be! However that is all changed now - I will be here every day now.

Hi barb,
Just wanted to say hello! Only started on here last week so still finding loads of diaries I haven't read!
Inspiring how u are dealing with your news from the doctor, am sending positive thoughts ur way! U can definitely do it!
Look forward to reading your diary! x

Back