Barb's going at it a little differently!

I went swimming yesterday as soon as we got back! Did 20 lengths, so despite going away I only missed one day at the pool! Aqua today, so that will be good.

Just read a very interesting article about type2 being reversed by a VLCD. Max 600 cals, diabetes reversed in a week. I'm tempted to try it, not sure how 600 cals would fit with my exercise program? Hmm, gonna have a think. All thoughts very gratefully received.

Just did 24 lengths and practised some of the aqua moves whilst I had time. Feel fantastic, cannot, literally cannot believe how much better I feel for all this exercise. I have gone from feeling lethargic, tired and sluggish to 'wahoo, what's next!'

I am going to be a fit Barb for the first time in my grown up life. Can't wait!

All the swimming sounds great; I think it's just too easy to forget what a difference exercise makes to mood, energy and just genral wellbeing. :)

Re the VLCD; I don't really know if it would be possible to stick to so few calories and keep up the same pace with exercise..? Some others in the VLCD threads would know better but I would def see a doc before starting one.

Happy weekend and happy swimming! :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone avec MiniMins

You're getting there Barb. It's great knowing that we're on the way to being fit and healthy.

I feel healthier and happier than I have in years...

Keep it up xx

OOps I did it again! Night out with friends and drank my own body weight in wine. Well not quite, but you know what I mean. Going to be lucky if I see a lb off this week. Two days to make a difference. It can be done!

If you're doing so well with the exercise I think you're allowed the odd treat here and there. Maybe soday-water spritzers would be better next time? Twice the amount of drink but the same number of cals?

I'm not sure about the vlcd. It would probably bring your blood sugars down, but only for as long as you were doing the vlcd. And considering your exercise (and that's the bit that's making you feel amazing at the mo) I'd suggest that it's maybe best to stick with what you're doing now. For the same reason I'd suggest healthy eating and exercise instead ofa crash diet. Generally 'quick-fixes' don't last very long, slow and steady wins the race?
But I'm no expert on vlcd, maybe pop to their threads and have a nose around?

Best wishes. :)

I agree Emz, I think the exercise is the most important part of what i am doing right now and 600cals would no way be enough. I think I am on the right track, keeping carbs low and eating very healthily.

Been to the DLC and did 30 lengths, so hopefully some damage limitation for last night's excesses!

Really want to get that lb off this week, I will be fine with just one as we have been away and been out, but I will be sad if it is STS.

I will just do my best, I can't do more!

Great attitude Barb...

You're right, any loss is excellent... but don't worry if you're STS... it's so much better than a gain...

Losses seem to balance out over time so don't despair :D

Find out tomorrow OTW - thanks for the postive thinking!

Well I am chuffed to bits! 1 lb off making 16 in 6 weeks. I think considering we had 2 days away and a very wicked saturday night that is pretty amazing. One very happy Barb. Aiming for a really good week this week so hope to get an even better result next week!

Well done! :)

Hi Barb

Congrates on lossing another lb forever :) your doing so well keep up the good work.
xx

That's brilliant Barb. I'm really pleased for you :D

I know a loss this week was important for you :) Keep up the excellent work.... roll on WI next week for even more good news :D

A good couple of days but feeling a bit grumpy, not sure why. I am finding this new way of life really good in so many ways but at times it is hard to keep up. Food prep takes much longer than easy 'bad' food. Then factoring in the daily swim too, which really wipes out 1.5 hours a day, is a bit of a stretch what with caring for my Mum (who is being very tricky at the moment), running the home and 2 businesses, I am feeling very tired most evenings. Then get to bed and can't sleep grrr.

Still, it is all going really well and I must focus on the positives, one is going to sainsbury's yesterday and buying a size 20 summer dress! It would not have fitted 6 weeks ago, so i am very pleased.

Aiming for a good day today. Want next tuesday's weigh in to be at least 2 lbs off, so need to get down that pool. 26 lengths yesterday, but aqua today so prob only do about 10.

Well done lovey, you are doing all the right things and with that positive attitude, you can't fail!!! woohoo for the smaller size summer dress...Go Barb :)

(its so nice to be 'back', i've missed everyone!)

Bet you feel fab in that dress! :D

A good day yesterday till the evening. Went out with our DD1 and DD2 for a thai meal and although ia te fairly sensibly I randomly had a pudding! I don't know why. I at 2/3rds of it and left the rest but felt puzzled. It was like I just 'forgot' my plan. Feel quiet cross with myself.

Anyway, onwards and downwards, must do better today.

Good news about the dress... enjoy wearing it :D

Don't worry about the pudding... you can't never eat a pudding again.. that's not living... everything in moderation ;)

Well said OTW :)
I think, like everthing else in life, it all takes time to adjust to completely new habits, and a wee pudding in moderation will do you no harm Barb, chin up!

I saw jam doughnuts in the supermarket today, well i see them everytime i go in, and always just walk past 'smugly'..but this morning..i really felt i WANTED one....okay, i didn't buy them, but there was a definate 2-3 minute session of 'thinking' i should buy them!!!!!....if i hadn't left the shop when i did..who knows if i would have bought them...and ATE at least 1??????

Life is full of temptation methinks :)

Back