Barb's going at it a little differently!

Aww take care lovey. Summer colds are horrible, keep taking the remedies and drink plenty fluids. I know the timing is all wrong, but you need to think about yourself for just a wee while hun, and you need to be fit and well to continue visiting and taking care of your mum.
I realise it probably isn't an option, but could you maybe have an afternoon off from visiting today and arrange for someone else to check in on mum?..then take yourself off to bed for an hour or two, sleep it off, then see how you feel for an evening visit?

Hope you get rid of the symptoms soon and can continue taking care of your mum 100%. You also don't want your mum to catch the horrible bug!

Get well soon hun x

Feeling seriously sorry for myself. Emergency doc this morning after a really bad night on the breathing/swallowing front. Throat swollen and lungs crackling - thinks it is infection +asthma attack. Straight onto steroids and anti biotics. No swimming for at least a week.

So, so peed off, why now, just when all was going so well.

Awwww sorry to hear your soo ill hun. You do need to rest though so you can get better otherwise it could put you out for longer. You can loose weight without the exercise hun if you're really good. just take it easy. xxx

Hi Barb, sorry to hear you are so unwell, take extra special care!

Don't get upset or angry about it, it truly can't be helped, and you need to be in good health to look after your mum and continue on your new health lifestyle :)
Just folow doctor's orders, and you'll soon recover. I know how important swimming is to you hun, but a little bit of time away will be okay, and you'll soon be back to your best...if not better.

Take good care of yourself, give yourself time to recover from this nasty illness. Take it easy now, don't be putting too much strain on your breathing and lungs.....chill out lovey...and get well very soon! :)

Hi everyone, sorry been a bit awol, just feeling awful. Can't go to bed properly as unable to risk slipping down, so napping in a chair at night. Horrible. Feel very shaky because of all the meds and generally exhausted/fed up/cross.

I am not weighing this week, it;s irrelevant right now tbh and if i've gained i'll be even more fed up and if i have STS I won't be too thrilled or surprised. Confident that I haven't lost anything.

So, here's the plan. Get better asap - realistically a big improvement by Friday hopefully. Possibly back swimming by Saturday and revert to usual tuesday weigh in next week, without putting mega pressure on self. Worth a try.

Thank you for all the lovely messages, much appreciated.

Hiya Barb,

Sorry to hear your still feeling sooo ill :( Not what you need right now. Your plan sounds really good though. It's best to rest and fully recover otherwise you will take twice as long to recover and put yourself out for longer which will drag you down even further.

Good plan to not weigh in too so you don't risk beating yourself up.

We're with you all the way hun.

Massive feel better hugs. xxx

Hi Barb,
hope you're feeling a wee bit better today, and getting lots of rest, good idea to give the scales a miss for a week or 2, hope you're getting enough sleep i know its harder to breathe when you're lying down, hope you can manage to let us know how you are. xx

Thank you all for your good wishes, i think I do feel a little better today, just being very quiet and sitting still as much as possible.

Will be back properly very soon.

Thanks Rose but I think I have along way to go yet. Stayed in bed till 2am but then my breathing got worse and the coughing was awful so got up and went on the settee for the rest of the night. Feel so tired and horrible, can't believe it is only a week ago that I was swimming, feels like a month or more.

Really getting fed up now.

Awww Barb so sorry to hear you are feeling so crap.. hopefully you will feel better sooner rather than later xxx

ps... well done on the weight loss so far xxx

Aww Barb, that's not so good. Can you go back to docs and tell him/her just how bad you feel?...or perhaps ask for a home visit, you shouldn't have to suffer like that.

Don't you worry, you'll be back in that pool all in good time, swimming like a mermaid :)

Take care, i hope someone is pampering you!

Sorry to hear your still feeling so rough. Like Rose said, maybe you should ask the doctors advice as you shouldn't have to struggle this much. ((((massive get well soon hugs)))) xxx

Thanks girls, you are so good to me. I am def a little better today. Moving and talking is still difficult but better than it was. Had some sleep too, which makes all the difference.

Hard to imagine getting back to 'normal' but I guess another few days could do it. Feel very weak and wobbly and 30 lengths seem like a distant dream.

Hi Barb,
Im back!!! Lots of ups and downs ..Ups in the weight :mad::mad: so what do I do?? Hide and kid myself (have to offically change my stats next week!!)
Just catching up with everyones diaries and wow you have been through sooo much Barb but reading your diary has inspired me to get going again.. I start properly on Monday .
I really hope you start to feel alot better very soon
xxxxxxxxx

We're good to you because we care about you Barb as you are sooo supportive to the rest of us. :)

Glad to hear your slowly starting to feel a bit better. Unfortunately these things take time to get over. Try and rest as much as you can to get yourself better quicker and don't even think about exercise. That will come when you're fully recovered.

How is your mum doing at the moment? x

Back