Barb's going at it a little differently!

New weight loss trick - crying for 3 hours makes woman lose 1lb!!!! Yep, total breakdown last night over DS2 going away. It just hit me as we all sat down for dinner and I tried not to cry but could not help it. So lots of crying + no dinner equals 1 more lb gone. So that's a bonus I guess.

He goes this afternoon so I will try and keep busy and not dwell on it too much but it is hard.

However, now just one more lb to go to my 2 stone - will I do it by Sunday? I reckon!

So sorry, must be upsetting I'm sure - and I can imagine that amount of crying does lead to a loss!
Hope you get the to the 2 stone mark though luv

Thanks Blossums, me too! I just realised that if I do it by Saturday that will be two stone off in 4 months exactly, that would have a nice balance to it!

{{hugs}} hope you are feeling a bit better, so upsetting for you.

My son only moved to England and i still cry, 4 years later, every time when he leaves here after a trip 'home'....keep strong lovey, he's going to have agreat time, what an adventure for him, and i bet you are such a good mum, he'll want to stay in touch with you often while he's away...chin up hun..and you WILL achieve that 2 stone marker by the weekend, mark my words!

Just heard from DS2, he is in Thailand and all is good. So good to hear from him already, what a good boy! I am frantically getting ready for this holiday so don;t know if I will be back on here before we go. So love to you all and see you when I get back.

What a good boy, you've brought him up well :) Now you can go off on that dream holiday with lots of reassurance that he is perfectly okay :)

Have a fantastic time Barb, I'll miss our wee daily chats, but will have lots to catch up on when your return. Looking forward to hearing all about it...ship ahoy!!!!! :)

Relax and have a fun filled time and definately a treat or three while you are away :)

I hope your having a nice holiday Barb. Sorry been awol for a bit. Can't wait to hear all about it when your back x

Well girls, I'm back and with an extra 5lbs to show for it. Dreadful holiday, seriously awful. We had booked what we thought was a dream holiday, splashed out on a luxury cruise, even booked a suite. The ship was ok, the food (obviously from the weight gain) was very good but our can was so noisy we averaged 4 hours sleep if we were lucky. We even found out that Thomas Cook knew damn well there was a big problem with noise in our cabin but they still recommended it.

Due to lack of sleep we were grumpy with each other and did not enjoy ourselves as we should have. We are pretty down about it, we intend to complain in the harshest possible way but that won't give us the good holiday we so badly needed.

Anyway, now I have 5lbs to chip off and am in no mood for it. Just feel mightily pissed off. Off to work in a minute and don't feel like that either. Got to get my mind back on track but it's going to be a struggle.

Still feel very tired and out of sorts.

Oh that's just awful, so sorry to hear that Barb. Think it's terrible for them to recommend that room knowing there was so much noise. Hope you get some compensation but yes, it won't give you the holiday back

Hello Barb, how lovely to have you back, you've been missed!

Sorry to hear your holiday wasn't what it should have been. How awful for you both, and so not acceptable. Go through every channel necessary and claim compensation, while you are still angry and upset about it, that way everything you are feeling right now, will be said, and rightly so!

I am gutted for you as you were looking forward to it for such a long time, i know you won't get your holiday back, but when you get the proper compensation for it, book you and hubby a nice long weekend away in the UK, lots of pampering and peace and quiet...late nights and long lies :) Keep us posted with any progress hun.

Don't worry about a wee 5lb gain, you were on holiday (lord knows what i'll gain while away!!!!! :eek:) and you deserved some treats.

Ease back into the swing of things, with work and healthy eating....tomorrow is another day and all that!

Take care and welcome back :D

Thank you girls for all your support, so appreciated. Feeling much more myself today, 3 of the 5lbs gained have gone already and I feel really pleased about that. Also have done the complaint letter to P&O and I think seeing it on paper really helped.
I'll let you know what happens next!

Been swimming today and did my aqua class too so think I maybe back in the zone!

Writing a complaqint letter is surprisingly satisfying I find ;) And that's great you've already lost 3 lbs good for you :)

Back