Barb's going at it a little differently!

Hi Barb,
Just to say, I had a lightbulb moment over the weekend re celebrations etc. You can get back to it and keep going. If you have a little gain, so be it, but it will go quickly. I think thats the main thing I learnt, that it really doesnt have to be all or nothing.......
You are doing so well, and you have, as you say, come such a long way, so keep at it.
xxx

Sorry you're not well luv, hope you'll feel better soon, onions garlic chillies or things with vit C supposed to help.

I've had a return of ill health the last few days, dizzyness and sleeping lots, so fingers crossed I'll be feeling better soon too
x

Sorry you're not well luv, hope you'll feel better soon, onions garlic chillies or things with vit C supposed to help.

I've had a return of ill health the last few days, dizzyness and sleeping lots, so fingers crossed I'll be feeling better soon too
x

Interesting Blossum, we went out for a really spicy Thai meal and I started feeling better within hours! :D Not 100%, but def on the way.

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, p'raps a visit to the doc would be wise, don't like the sound of the dizziness.:(

Thanks for all the supportive messages. I am feeling much better and very happy with my change of weigh day plan. I am also having 10 days 'off' my food diary, just an experiment really to see how well I can do without constantly writing things down. :) It may work, it may be a disaster, but I need to try it as am getting a bit fed up with the regime, hence the general shake up. :cool:

Anyway, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, off to catch up on some diaries now.

Yay glad the Thai meal helped :)

The dizzyness is Labyrinthitis - I was diagnosed with it last Christmas and it was terrible for months, the little bit of dizzyness I had last week was the first bout of I've had in a good 3 months so not too bad, thanks for the voncern tho, am feeling mostly better :)

A change is as good as a rest sometimes hey, hope all goes well with the shake up

all the best
x

My daughter had Labrynthitis, swiftly followed by a diagnosis of underactive thyroid. A year on she is still struggling, so I am glad hear that you sound like you are on the mend, although not 100% yet.

Thanks for the good wishes, I'll do my best!

Hope you feel better lovey :) glad thai meal had a good effect on you. y hubby swears by garlic, onions, pure lemon juice etc to boost he immune system, it really does work..the old remedies are truly the best :)

Hope the shake up goes well, you are bound to be feeling bored with the whole diet regime, I get waves of it myself now..as we've been 'at it' for so long! :) Wee changes will make the spark reignite I'm sure..good luck and have a great day!

Thanks Rose, I am feeling much better, just back from the DLC and 32 lengths done and dusted! Treated myself to a nice pear and feel much happier generally.

I think this change around is doing me good, got some of the original enthusiasm back. Hurray!

Just thinking about some things that I now do routinely;
1. Never eat a packet of crisp in one go. I buy Pom Bears and eat half one day and the other half the next day. So a packet of ordinary crisps were about 130 cals a day, now I have 48.5's worth a day.
2. If i want chocolate, I open a pack of treat size choc buttons at 75cals a bag and I suck each button very slowly. Can last me 20 mins easily!
3. I swim every week - sometimes 5-6 times sometimes only 2 or 3 but I am there, doing it, every week.
4. Drink lots more fizzy water, feels like a treat and fills me up!

Just thought it was worth remembering some new habits that are here to stay.

An excellent day yesterday, feeling much more positive. Off to work in a min, then onto Aqua and some shopping this afternoon.

i think my mojo is back!

Well busy morning as planned, then home after Aqua for 2 slices of toasted nimble and pate with half a packet of Pom Bears. Yum!

I know I said I would weigh friday this week but I'm gonna take a sneaky peak tomorrow as I feel so back in the zone.

I am back in the zone! Weigh in says 3lbs gained is gone plus one more. Really chuffed, just one more to finally see the 2 stone!

Woo hoo well done barb x x
Your back in the zone x

Been good all day but out for pre-birthday dinner tonight and then being taken away for the night tomorrow and don't know here we are going! Exciting.

Not worried though, am back in the zone and know that come next weigh-in I will be doing fine. Def Friday weigh ins from next week, so got 10 days to sort out any birthday damage!

Yes, birthday girl today Clarri and feeling well and truly spoilt! Eating naughty things and generally misbehaving. Still, it's only one day!

birthday-flowers-meaning.gif

Back