Barb's Up and Down Diary

Hi Barb
My heart goes out to you and I'm sending cyber hugs your way: what a terrible time you're having right now. :(

Isn't it awful when things just come in a barrage ... one thing after another. My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear friend xx

Just a quickie - Mum and Dad now both home from hosp so life should get a little easier. Diet has been out the window so need to get my head together and get a plan going. Very intrigued by the Unit Diet so will probably give that a go!

So glad to hear both your parents are at home - much easier for you to deal with! What a worrying time it's been for you Barb - I hope things become a little easier from now on.

Like you, my diet has been very much on the back burner. At the moment, I'm hoping to just 'be aware' of what I'm eating and try to cut down. Financially, CD isn't much of an option at the moment (although I have a few packs to use up).

We just have to keep on keeping on Barb - what other option is there?
Take care of yourself xx

Good to hear they are back, although it will still mean a lot of work for you it will be easier to have them there. Are you looking at the whole pick and mix of the unit diet or going for the more prescriptive approach? The handbook covers masses of items, so it really is wide ranging to fit whatever taste in food you may have. I'll be interested to see how you get on, good luck.

Just posted in Clairejen's diary so thought I had better update my own! In a strange place at the mo, can't seem to make a decision about what I want to do. I said if I failed on the Juddd I would never diet again, that I had had enough of the whole 'diet' process, the constant beating myself up etc.. and yet am I happy as i am? No, not really, I wish I was. I read an article on Dawn French this week and she is either the most well adjusted big woman on the planet or she is kidding herself that she is. It is impossible to say. She sounds satisfied, happy, ungulity(sp?)confident in herself etc.. All the things I would like to be. Does she honestly NEVER look in the mirror and think '****, I've really got big'? If she has it sorted then I envy her, truth is I haven't, so I need to think long and hard. One thing is for sure I want what I weigh to STOP dominating my life.:cry:

Have you by any chance read Joanne's (Maintainer's) post about how she has been more concerned with food and how she looks compared with others since losing weight than she used to be before? I think most of us have a size range in which we are happy, and it varies quite considerably. Maybe Dawn French really is happy how she is, after all she has a lot of success in many areas of her life so perhaps her size simply isn't an issue. It may even be an asset now that she is well known and to slim down would lose her some of her identity as an actress?

I hope you find an answer, putting back hard fought pounds is a depressing business. Dieting is a struggle which some find harder than others - I wish I could lose like I used to when younger, but things change. I look at my mother and remember my grandmother and my resolve not to pile on the weight they both did at my age. Maybe the scientists will come up with an easy solution one day, until then our only tools are diet and exercise. Good luck with whatever path you choose, and keep in touch.

Back