Barb's Up and Down Diary

Thanks Debbie, you are aways so encouraging.
Thing is I still feel this is the plan for me, that it best reflects the real way I would normally eat, diet or not, so I have to find a way to MAKE it work for me.
I hope that by being a bit more precise I will see some more exciting results. I am still chuffed to be at least half a stone down on what i was in May but it needs to be a bit quicker if possible. I am also so aware that I could have not only not lost that weight, I could very easily have added to what need to be lost. I could feel that slippery slope right beneath my feet!
So I have adjusted my signature, to draw a line underneath the first 6 weeks of juddding and I am now looking forward to the results in the next 6 weeks. If it another half a stone in that time I will be chuffed to bits.
They don't call me 'Barb the tortoise' for nothing you know!

...but the tortoise got to the winning post didn't it Barb??:D:D:D

Lacey x :)

You are so right Lacey, that is a good point. The tortoise did and so will I, I like a nice scenic route anyway!

Had a a great time last night, DH and I went on a pub crawl in celebration of the smoking ban! Just the 2 of us and it was lovely.Ended up at our fave chinese at 10pm for a late dinner, lovely.

Feel a bit hungover this morning but not too bad. Looking forward to my super orgainsed week of Juddding. Only prob on the horizon is that my Dad is going into hospital on Tuesday for surgery on his knee and as he and Mum are on the frail side they will need a great deal of support. Still so long as he is ok, that is all that matters.
So DD today, better make it a good one after last night!

Hiya Barb

Sounds like a great plan to me, I'm so pleased that Juddding is working for you and slow but steady downwards progress is a good way to go on a diet that has the benefits of up days. You're tweaking it to suit you, and I think that's the good part of the diet is that it does have flexibility and you can adapt it around your own lifestyle.

Keep up the good work Barb, I may not be Juddding myself at the moment but I am very interested to see it working for you and enjoying your success :)

Hope your dad's ok after his operation & you have a good week

Jan
x

Are you starting your new tweaked version as from tomorrow? Sounds like you had a lovely night; Judding fits right in with a pleasant social life doesn't it.

Looking forward to seeing how things go next week :)

Yep, tweaked plan starts tomorrow. Feel quite excited about it actually. I am not really a very 'scientific' person but I can see that if the sums add up the loss should happen.

Weigh in tomorrow, not expecting any more than to have stayed the same, but after that I expect to see losses every week. There, fighting talk!!!

Thanks Julie, I think I know what i'm doing, guess I'll soon find out. Thanks for keeping an eye on me, I still feel very 'juddd inspired' and know it is the plan for me. Now I need to see some serious results. 1lb a week would do nicely!

Love

Hey honey!

Sorry I went awol - had wine & sherry at lunch & it's such a long time since I had any that I fell asleep & woke up with a hangover. I only had 2 large sherries & a glass of mixed wine ( dry & sweet as the sweet was too sweet on its own!). That'll teach me not to have water.

Glad you had a nice Chinese & are looking forward to next week!

Love xxx

Thanks DQ, it's going OK. Anja, a midday hangover, you little devil, still does you good to let your (blonde) hair down!

Well, stayed the same, as expected, so not unhappy. New regime starts today, so todays cals are to be 1800-2000 max. If i go as high as 2000 then I will adjust wednesdays UD figures. Really want to be as accurate as poss as I am convinced that by doing it this way I will see the scales move downwards. So, here I go!

Hmm, interesting day so far. Haven't eaten that much really and yet nearly half way through cals. Makes me wonder just how much I have been consuming on UDs!
Anyway, went to waitrose this morning and spotted a lady there who I don;t know but have kind of always seen around. Guess she is probably 60ish, got a pretty face and although she has always been very plump, I wouldn't have said over 16stone-ish. Well hadn't seen her for a while and she has suddenly aged and her weight looks like it is literally pulling her down. I watched her struggle with her trolley, packing and unpacking and the thought jumped into my head ' another 10-15 years thats how I will look'. FLIP, no I blinking won't.
It really shocked me, because I am sure 10-15 years ago she looked much as I do now. Just made me think that my life could be as hard as hers if I don't stick with my plan and change my life. Obviously I don't know this lady and there may well be other things in her life that have affected her but I am sure the weight issue is a part of it anyway.
So, made me glad that I am on this very sustainable plan. Have worked out that if I lose 1.5lbs a week, which I very definately should, then by this time next year I will be at my goal. How exciting is that?

Very achievable - and we all know how fast a year speeds by!
Hopefully, by this time next year we'll both be at goal :D

We certainly will be Debbie; we'll be slimmer, fitter, happier and deeply in debt because of all the new clothes we will have bought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Fe*k, have already consumed more cals in wine than I had left for food!!!!

What am I like? i have the determination of a slug. Bugger:eek:

LOL - Oops it's so easily done Barb.

Good idea to log your cals on UD's I think, i know that's where I was going wrong as I was definately eating far too much on an UD, at least if you know how many cals you are consuming you can do something about it.

x

I do agree Madam D, trouble is a bottle of sparkly rose later, I just don't feel as 'accurate'. Also, DH has just chipped off to get a chinese! Bad to worse I hear you cry and you may have a point. Oh Dear, I just am rubbish at being good!

Still, as Scarlett would say, 'tomorrow, is another day!' and just as well!:eek:

Oh well ... as you say, tomorrow is another day. Another opportunity to be kind to yourself whilst easing down to where you want to be. :)

Just between you & me, I think I might know why we're not losing weight at the moment. Oh dear! Tomorrow is another day. Just out of interest - see if you can keep track of the cals at all. If not, how many tomorrow?

Well I was supposed to be on 1,000 today but have actually managed 1,589 but I suppose I'm still 1,000 down on what I've been eating the last few days so I guess that's progress!:eek::eek: The problem with going on hol is that I'm trying to use up my fruit, cheese, yoghurts etc. so that they don't go off while I'm away and since fruit corners are 192 cals they don't exactly fit into a down day plan!

Have a lovely Chinese hon! That sounds a good plan for Thursday night after aqua!

Love xxx

Ok, woke up this morning and had a good think about the week ahead. With Dad in hospital I don't know where/when/if/what I will be eating. So I am going to have an ID all week! I know if I try to stick with the plan this week I am going to fail, not being down about it, just honest with myself. I react to stress badly, it is going to be a difficult week and I am not going to make it harder on myself by beating myself up for eating. However, I am not going to take this as carte blanche to eat all day. I am still going to watch my intake carefully.
Interestingly have lost .5lb since yesterday, despite my wine and chinese, so thats a bonus. Will get on here when I can this week and make a note of how the day has been, will try hard to keepmyself in check as I know how cheesed off I wil be if I put anything back on.

Stress is a real diet-buster isn't it Barb (and don't I know it!) You're taking a very sensible approach to things though and being aware of potential problems will help you avoid old mistakes of the past.

I know you can do this :)

Back