1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bars after a blip?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mochaj, 7 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Mochaj

Mochaj Well-Known Member

Would you (should you) avoid having bars for 2 weeks after a blip?

I ate on Saturday, got back into Ketosis by Sunday night and I've just been having shakes & my water since. I'm tempted to have a bar but not sure if it's a bad idea.

I was thinking that because I went back into Ketosis relatively quickly then I must have been quite well into Ketosis before I ate, is that the case or not necessarily?

Thanks

Mocha

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

I was wondering this, as my CDC still gave me the bars last night and I was totally honest with her....hmmm...will wait and see what someone else posts.

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I must admit it definitely depends on how the client is feeling. Generally speaking, the reason behind not having the bars until week 3 is to allow your body to go into ketosis as quickly as possible. If you are already in ketosis, and the bars will help you stick to plan, then I would say have the bars. However, if you are slow to get into ketosis, I would avoid them.

Does that help?

5. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

There shouldn't be a problem having the bars, you say you are in ketosis. You should be ok, if your worried then maybe for this week have one every other day..

6. Mochaj

Mochaj Well-Known Member

Thank you DQ and Hedgemag, that helps a lot. I'm definitely in Ketosis and I think now I have read your replies I'll start tomorrow with a bar and stick to one every 2nd or 3rd day :)