Bars..... Hunger

Hi All

I am on day 15 and for the past 2 days have had a bar for lunch but have felt hungrier/empty than I have for the past 2 weeks. I wondered if this was just me because it was the totm or have other people experienced this. I am back on the shake for lunch today. Luckily I am on 4 packs a day so still had 2 left even after I had had the bar. I did have extra water with the bar as well.... Still happy though as I have lost over a stone:D:D:D:D

I love the bars but I too feel hungrier when I have the bars.

It is not too bad if I have one in the evening but if I have one at lunchtime I have tummy rumbles mid afternoon!

I think the bars are very morish, I find that you need to drink a pint of water immediately afterwards to stop yourself looking for more...

Yeah, me too. Probably something to do with the bars not taking up as much room in your tummy as the soups and shakes - hence hungrier a lot faster - thats why I always keep my bars as a snack at night and not have them as a full meal as such....if Im in a situation where I can only have a bar, I make sure I wash it down with a strong black tea or coffee...that makes me feel more full....

Cat Bee x

After i have eaten a bar, I want to carry on eating stuff!
I try and save mine last thing as a treat x

I can't eat them without feeling hungrier either.

Hi there!
I've had the bars for the first time this week too, and though they are yummy, they definitely do make you a bit hungry. My (far from scientific!) theory is that it is the chewing. I believe that when you chew, your brain sends signals to your tummy that food is coming, getting it all riled up and digesting!
My very flimsy evidence for this is that I felt hungrier after the chewy choc orange bar, than I did after the crunchy peanut one.

having said that, volume-wise it is a lot less than anything else you'll have (as Cat-bee says), plus it has less protein (?), which is the filling part.

I suppose it is a question of weighing up convenience and yumminess with the threat of hunger.

I don't find it makes any difference actually - perhaps that's because I never stop 'chain-drinking'? I actually like the bars better than the Briks - they're more portable and I like the taste better. It's hard to drink a Brik slowly but I can make a bar last about 20 minutes by nibbling it.

Back