Bars in week one?

Mememe

Silver Member
I've been trying to start SS everyday for the past 5 days and failing every afternoon. I am really trying, drinking plenty of water and spacing my shakes but I end up failing late afternoon and can't seem to stop myself. It was becoming a cycle so have taken myself off CD totally today so that I can start afresh tomorrow.
i jut found bars in my fridge from when I attempted (half heartedly) CD last year. My question is would it be ok to have two shakes and a bar each day? And water of course. Rather than 3 shakes? I'm sure I've read that you shouldn't have them week 1 but I don't know why and am thinking if its what I need to get me through my afternoon snacking/ binge (freeze into little pieces and snack on) then surely this is a good option for me?
i woulld love some advice on your thought/experiences?

many thanks! I will not give up!

You are not supposed to have them in week one, but if that is what it takes to keep you on track go for it. I always have bars in week 1.

Thanks for your reply. I'm starting tomorrow (again) but have my bars and ice lollies (made with the drink mix) ready to go!! Looking forward to it this time for some reason? Think the sun today has spurred me on so fingers crossed!
well done on your weight loss x

I think it's because they're higher in calories than the rest of the products so to get you into ketosis and used to having as few calories a day you can't have them. They're kind of worth the weight though!

The lemon bars have less carbs in them than the other bars, so i would have thought one of the lemon bars aswel as two shakes would still bring you in to ketosis as quick as the three shakes :)

Back