Bars nutritional value

Chunkeymonkey

I was hoping to swap my porridge for a bar everyday, but Ive heard bars have more carbs in an may slow down the loss? Could anyone give me the calories in the chocolate chip bars?

If they're CD bars they're safe. Calorie wise they'd need to be about 3700 kcal before theyd affect your losses.

I love the peanut and the mint crisp and have had one every day since week 3, I don't think it's had an effect on my losses but I have also been told not to have more than one a day and apparently you should drink more water if u have them but I haven't cause i struggle with 2 litres!!

What about the side effects? Ive heard some bad things about them affecting your tummy.

I get a bit of wind sometimes but nothing much. The first few days I had a bit of belly ache but nothing like that for weeks. They are so worth it tho they are yummy!!

They upset my tummy a bit if I eat them early in the day. If I have one after dinner I'm fine?? No reason but thats what happens and I get diarrhoea.

When I eat the chewy ones they give me wind and the poops... My CDC said the crispy bars are the same carb value as the tetras so I'm allowed 2 bars and 1 tetra a day... Now I'm thinking not??

And obviously I can't say "They don't affect my losses!!" as I wouldn't know whether I would have lost more or less... lol. I'm steady at 3lbs a week so far though x

Last edited:
I've heard/read you can't have more than 2 and it says in the book and CDC says. But I really don't understand why not and I can't see it making a lot of difference as still vlcd and low carb diet with 2. I'd have 3 a day if CDC would sell them to me, but she said 1 a day max!! I don't think I would have got this far without my daily bar sounds so sad when written down!!!

Sorry was suppose to say more than 1 a day on my first sentence. Sorry.

Seems odd that CDCs offer conflicting information?? Bit worried now...

Back