Bars slowing weight loss down

Hello, I honestly don't think so. The bars' nutritional content and calories are very similar to the shakes, and it's so nice to have a different texture to chew on. Having said that, everyone's different - why don't you have bars one week, and just shakes the next, and let us know how you get on?

sparklebunny said:
Hello!

Does anyone think that eating the bars rather than just sticking to shakes and soups slows down weight loss?

X

No I don't think it does, it is easy to assume the lower the overall calorie intake the faster you lose weight. I found that sometimes adding a few calories ie a bar not a shake actually boosted weight loss. It's fun to think about but a brisk walk is probably a better metabolism boost.

If you enjoy a bar and it means you stick to it - it's fine.

GSQ

Well I had a bar every single day this week if thats any help ;)

Sparklebunny - I've just weighed in, week 2, and lost 2 lbs. I had a bar every day. I genuinely don't think it can have made a difference, lost 9 lbs in week one -ate just 1 or 2 bars, I think, but week 1=big loss for most. However, I'm going to have as few bars as possible next week - just to see what works best for my body. I'll let you know what happens.

hi folks weighed today lost 8 pounds i have a bar every morning but bit concerned weight loss really going to slow this week as all fluid prob gone i really want to get this off quick thats why im doing this!

Hi candy well done hun. 8lbs is quite a significant loss dont be too harsh on yourself.

candypie said:
hi folks weighed today lost 8 pounds i have a bar every morning but bit concerned weight loss really going to slow this week as all fluid prob gone i really want to get this off quick thats why im doing this!

What makes you think it'll slow down? Whether you're eating bars shakes soups or porridge it's still 600 cals a day

Hi Starlight - If the bars and shakes are really equal, then why can't we have 3 bars a day? Don't the bars have a few more carbs or some different composition, because on LL or CD, bars aren't allowed until the 2nd, or 3rd week.

Eating a bar daily keeps me regular! ;-)
I've had a bar everyday for the last 3 weeks and I've lost 23lb in total.

Hi all,

I've so far managed to loose 10 pounds in just over a week which is pretty good I think. I've had a bar a day but as my weight loss slows I might just have one every other day as they do have more carbs in than the soups and shakes.

Hope you are all doing well with it!

1 x shake, 1 x soup and 1 x bar a day does the biz for me, along with 6-8 pints of water, and a 20 min walk of the dog. But its different strokes for different folks. Whatever works for you. Good luck on your journey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done
Next target is to get into the 21’s.
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Hi There, Just to let you know that I had only 3 bars last week. I lost 4 lbs, which I'm delighted with, compared with 2lbs during week 2. However, I don't think the number of bars made the difference. I had taken Dulcolax on Sat night as I really needed to - so, perhaps that helped.
ANyway, I'm going to have bars as I want - they're so handy when you're out and about.

Don't know about the loss as I'm only in my 1st week but I've been having a bar a day & don't think I'd be able to do this for long without something to chew!!

Nicola xx

Back