bars?

franbella21

minimims stalker
has anyone found that having a bar aday makes their loss slow down? :confused::confused:

I've heard that it can happen, but my losses are so slow at the moment anyway, I haven't noticed. I've only just started getting the bars. The first time I did CD I had them and didn't notice any difference in my losses, which were on average 6lbs a week.

My councellor says that if you have more than 4 bars a week that your carbohydrate intake is too high and therefore slows down or even stops your weightloss. I have 4 a week and am fine, but if I have more than taht i dont lose. Also the same applies for tetras... although you can have one tetra a day you cant have more than one a day and you cant have a tetra and a mousse int he same day! Hope that helps...

has anyone found that having a bar aday makes their loss slow down? :confused::confused:

I don't think it's a common problem. If you think yours might have gone down since having bars, it maybe because you are on week 3??

Week 3 is notoriously low anyway, but from week 3 onwards weight losses aren't quite as big as the first couple of weeks when you have more water to lose.

thankyou! kd i didnt realise that week 3 was the worst for slow weight loss :( oh nooooooooo

My councellor says that if you have more than 4 bars a week that your carbohydrate intake is too high and therefore slows down or even stops your weightloss. I have 4 a week and am fine, but if I have more than taht i dont lose. Also the same applies for tetras... although you can have one tetra a day you cant have more than one a day and you cant have a tetra and a mousse int he same day! Hope that helps...

that's not quite right. You can have 7 bars a day, and some of the bars have the same carbs as the shakes. Also, the carb levels wont stop your weightloss, even on one a day and chosing the higher carb bars.

You can have all your meals in tetras every day as long as you drink extra water. They shouldn't be a problem. I have a few clients who have done the whole diet on tetras alone.:)

thankyou! kd i didnt realise that week 3 was the worst for slow weight loss :( oh nooooooooo

Ack, don't worry about it. It all levels out. You can't control the scales. You only have control over keeping to the plan, which will burn that fat probably just as quick on week three as other weeks, just not so consistently reported on the scales.

Just keep on trucking :)

I wasn't aware you shouldn't have more than one tetra a day... When I'm in work tetras at the only things I use that day, I drink about four litres of water a day. Has anyone else been told they shouldn't drink more than one tetra a day?

Sorry only just read your post KD.

I have at least one bar a day, some days I sneak in a cranberry one as well as these have lower carb content (same as shakes)

Ok, I stayed the same this week, but I cheated, but most weeks I loose at least 3lb

Bars were a god send to me during SS days and had one every lunch time with no effects of slow down at all.
x

ok thankyou! im going to have one bar a day as i havent got enough shakes to last me til wi .if i slow down loads then next week i wont have the bars :)

Both times I've done CD week 3 was a low loss, feels a bit disheartening after 2 weeks of good losses, but it picks up again.

Back