Bars

Veggie91

Hello everyone, I am new here and started my diet on Monday.

On my first visit with the CDC she gave me and my mum (who is also doing it with me) 5 bars. She said if we feel its an 'emergency' so have an inch of one of the bars but not to use unless we are feeling dreadful/feel we cant cope.

Anyway on Monday I had tomatoe soup and hated it, it made me feel really sick and rather than use up on the other soups I had a bar through out the day. But will this effect my progress, as I didnt have another meal (just one mouthful of soup).

I wont be eating anymore bars as I prefer everything else anyway (I'm on a shake, porridge and a soup a day now)...but next Monday (second week) I will be back at college and my CDC and my mum think its best if I take a bar to college to keep my energy up etc (with exams around the corner). So I will then have shake/bar/soup or porridge.

I am aiming to lose around 2 and ahalf stone.

Is this okay? I dont want to jepodise it working but at the same time I need to not be very hungry at college.

Hi bars you are ment to have in week 2 or 3 'NOT' now really.!

And only 1 bar a day too.!

when i go to uni on a monday i take a bar for lunch and 1 litre of water so that's great.!

Try and stick to your soups, shakes, till your weigh in day,!

I could be wrong but the bars have a bit more carbs in them you see so try and avoid them for atleast 2 weeks into CD.!

The soups lol i only like leek and pototo one.x

Good luck to you and you mum.x

hope someone else will add more advice ??

Thank you for the reply. I dont have too much to lose so thought it would be okay. We went today and got the bars so think I am going to have to go on them really as dont want to make another trip to change it.

Our CDC said just to drink much more water on them.

Yep it say's on the bar pack to drink while you are eating the bar.! I do and drink extra to flush it all out lol.!

what flavours did you get? i love orange and toffee.x

You can buy the ready made shakes for convenience rather than the bars. I find them much more palatable.

I got orange and one plain, although the plain one I found left a malt like taste after...very odd!

I have the prepackaged shake for one meal at college but I dont find them very filling at all and it is a nightmare in a silent classroom while your stomach growls :(

It won't growl for long :)
I know people put the chocolate one in a mug and top it up with hot water to make it into a hot chocolate. Not tried it myself tho

hiya

the bars are usually kept for week 3, so the first 2 weeks no bars. it's all cause there's more carbs in a bar and it could stop you from getting into ketosis as quickly as you would without them. if i were you i'd stay clear away from them until week 3. it doesn't matter how 'much' or how 'not much' you have to loose. it's all about carbs and ketosis.

i also find that i don't loose as quickly if i have the bars.

hope you have a fab 1st weigh in. :D

Just to clarify a couple of things

Yep it say's on the bar pack to drink while you are eating the bar.!

You don't have to do that. You do need extra water with the bars (and the tetras BTW), but you don't have to drink the water at the same time as long as it's taken in the 24hr period.

I know the wrappers appear to state otherwise :rolleyes:

it's all cause there's more carbs in a bar

There's not more carbs in every bar, just the chewy bars. This could prevent the onset of ketosis, but I think the week 3 rule is probably for other reasons.

Veggie91: You would be better off with a tetra if you can. There's no real reason why a bar should keep your energy levels up any more than a tetra.

Dare I say :eek: if a bar keeps your mum off your back, then I very much doubt that having one for your circumstances would do a great amount of harm. Best to keep to the cranberry or peanut though if possible.

If you find your energy levels low anway, give SS+ a go. Same weight loss and might just give you a boost :)

Oh, and in my experience, it is very rare for bars to slow down weight loss.

Just spoke to my mum and she said she doesnt mind if I want to go back to her place and get shakes instead. I'm not sure what the tetras are, are they the ready made shakes in the carton? I have some of those here and can swap the bars for them.

I would hate the peanut/cranberry - I'm probably on the worst ones, orange choc :(

But atleast I know if I swap the bars for carton shakes then I wont be worrying about it slowing progress or anything - will put my mind at rest!

Yes, tetras are ready made's. Sorry, was working in old money there :D

That's what comes of working here where they call Cambridge Diet instead of Cambridge Weight Plan and CDCs instead of CWPCs (or consultants.

Keep thinking I'm in the wrong place :D

Lost in translation as they say :D
Thanks for all your help everyone!

Back