Bars!

Musical Missy

Is it me or does the fruit bar taste of nothing, the lemon bar of vileness and the toffee bar like it may have been near something toffee flavoured at some point - but not for several years?
I think I might not bother getting any when I pick up my second week's worth of packs - might stick with the strawberry and raspberry shakes as they make me think of angel delight!
What a disappointment - thought the bars would be my saviour with regards to lunchtime at work - I so can't be doing with the inevitable comments about my continual milkshake drinking!

On the plus side - day 7 and my jeans are significantly looser and someone has commented that they can see the difference in my face/neck.
Fingers crossed for a decent first WI tonight - I will be more than gutted if its rubbish!

MM x

Well, I have 28 chocolate packs per week and that does it for me! I couldn't stand the bars - my 'week one nut crunch experience' was traumatic to say the least!

Just go with the flavours you like - you don't have to have any bars at all (thank god!). Also, I know some people in my group have two shakes mixed together in the morning to carry them through the day and then have the other two when they get back from work. Perhaps you could try spacing them out like that? One lady even has all four after 6pm! (Not sure I could do that one though..)

Anyway, good luck with the WI tonight - I'm sure it'll be excellent! :)
Let us know how it goes..

Bex

Have you tried putting the fruit and toffee bars in the freezer? That is what I used to do (leave them there all day) and then have one with a black coffee late in the day.

I really liked them and even if I wasn't on a diet, I'd choose to eat the fruit bars!! No accounting for taste I suppose.

I'm looking forward to trying the CD bars tomorrow. I am reliably informed that they are gorgeous - I certainly hope so!

Tastes do change all the time- I hated the lemon ones at first but grew to like them- and loved them made into little lemon biscuits. Of course you don't have to have them, but I did find them very useful when I was travelling. What I can't work out is why the Cambridge bars are so utterly delicious, with real chocolate coatings, and the LL bars are so artificial tasting- I thought they were made by the same people?

I also hated the bars and never even tried the lemon after having such an awful time with the other 3. I just didn't order any after the first week and since I'm now off soups I am just sticking to 4 shakes a day - stick with whatever you are comfortable with, it'll make it easier on you in the long run.

Yes , Kerrie
I found the bars less than appetising too! they taste really chemical and antificial, but one good thing about that is they dont tempt you to binge on them I suppose! The only bar I bothered with in the end was the nut crunch and then only sprinkled on top of banana milkshake made up thick and hot like custard , now that is quite yummy, give it a try!Now on CD so when I get my bars next week which I have been reliably informed are delicious I will be in 7th heaven . Imagine being able to whip out a choccy feast when you have a coffee and everyone ese is tucking into some food , mmmmn Cant wait.

Funnily enough I was tempted by using the nutcrunch bar as a topping to a shake made up thick to be kind of moussy but got such a lecture of my LLC about the 'inappropriate mentality of recipes on this diet' that I gave it a miss. I do miss solid food! But as my LLC is very down on recipes (even chocolate shake made with cold mint tea :eek:) I try to stick to what she says (except chocolate shaeks with mint tea - there has to be something to look forward to!).

V. jealous that you'll be having tasty CD bars, wish I could but I still feel like I get too much out of the counselling sessions to switch just yet - still almost 7 stone to go after all.

I was bitterly disappointed with the bars too. The toffee was unpleasant, the lemon (which I had high hopes for) vile and the nut - well, I had to spit it out and brush my teeth. I still shiver with horror when I think about it! If you make biscuits with them (although sounds like your LLC would disapprove) they are bearable - and sometimes you do need something portable. I've not tried the fruit - I've got one but have yet to pluck up the courage!

Funnily enough I was tempted by using the nutcrunch bar as a topping to a shake made up thick to be kind of moussy but got such a lecture of my LLC about the 'inappropriate mentality of recipes on this diet':eek: that I gave it a miss. I do miss solid food! But as my LLC is very down on recipes (even chocolate shake made with cold mint tea ) I try to stick to what she says (except chocolate shaeks with mint tea - there has to be something to look forward to!).

V. jealous that you'll be having tasty CD bars, wish I could but I still feel like I get too much out of the counselling sessions to switch just yet - still almost 7 stone to go after all.

This is odd. I guess the LLC's must have their own individual rules, as ours gave a copy each of the unofficial recipes for each pack and as far as I know none (in our group at least) have thrown the towel in, nor failed at management yet!!

I have a lemon bar every day made as biscuits. Apparently, according to our LLC, the bars are purposely not delicious as we are supposed to work on our emotions around food and not feel like we are using food as a treat. Apparently this is what happened with the raspberry one they were trialling, it was so tasty they were worried about people binging on it or obsessing about the flavours. Hence the other reason why LL doesn't have such a wide range

KerrieW - your LLC has missed the point here - I am anti muffins and cooking the packs, but LL actually put instructions for recipes in their support materials - the mint tea/chocolate is a standard recipe so it's really not her place to discourage it! I am all for taking the focus away from foodpacks and getting on with facing your actual feelings, but the reason behind the official recipes is to get you through the tougher days.

I didn't have th bars until week 10 because I wanted to avoid chewing. I find that freezing the toffee bars really helps them (and makes them take longer to eat) - but now I couldn't survive without the nut crunch - it keeps me regular and although it's a bit weird and stale tasting by normal food standards - after 10 weeks of soft food it was a real treat!

I think you're right Cerulean, I can see her point about cooking the packs because of the lost nutrition and trying to deal with food issues as well but I think she should allow personal choice especially where LL have put things into the program. Hasn't stopped most of my group doing recipes they just don't tell her as she is a bit judgemental.

I didn't have any bars until I was a few weeks into management when I went on a holiday. I needed a few bars for convenience and I was glad! I had both nut crunch and lemon bars.

Now, I couldn't stop having nut crunch as I quite like them. I am not keen on lemon bars and I don't want to try other bars.

Back