Bars...

Chelles

Quick question about the bars.....

Is the reason we are not meant to have them until week 3 due to them potentially knocking us out of ketosis or causing problems with weight loss?

My CDC doesn't recommend them until week 3 unless I feel like I really need something else for taste and chewing etc. so I have some 'just in case' but don't want to have them if it's gonna cause problem when it comes to WI.

My cdc recommended not having them till week 2/3 coz it can affect how long it takes to go into ketosis. She said everyone has difference tolerance levels n some ppl arent affected at all but just to be on the safe side she said not to have it. I had them from my 2nd week. X hope that helps

Yes that does help. Thank you. I will try and hold off as long as possible!

Just to let you know the crunchy bars have 15.1 grams of carbs and the chewy ones have 24.7gs of carbs, shakes and soups are about 14gs so if you REALLY need to have a bar try to have a crunchy one rather than the chewy to keep it low. There's only about a 30 calorie difference with both bars though, its just the carbs that are higher :)

I had my first bar after my 3rd weigh in on Wednesday and was starving hungry on Thursday - I've decided not to have one again for a couple more weeks. I guess the only way to find out whether you are sensitive to it is to give it a whirl. The hunger passed but it was just a bit harder than normal. I had the Chocolate bar and it tasted a bit like a finger of fudge.

Back