Bars

CambridgeKez

My consultant has let me do SS with low carb bars (mint, peanut or cranberry) & 2 soups per day. I can't tolerate porridge or shakes due to milk content.
I've since read bars shouldn't be consumed in 1st 2 wks. Is this true? Will it hinder my weight loss. I really want to lose as much as I can ASAP.
I'm now on day 6. Loving the peanut bar & all soups.
X

Yes they say wait two weeks , but really your still going to lose weight . As long as its one bar a day , with 2 shakes under 5ft 8 .
I think if it helps why not , you will still get a great result !

Thx guys/gals. Just been to see CDC & she says that the crunchy bars are fine, they have same carb content as porridge, soup, shakes. The chewy have 10g more carb so mustn't be used before wk3. Yippee. I love the crunchy peanut bar. So much nicer than porridge. I pop it in my bag & have it with 2 coffees in day. Soup for brekky & tea.
X

I much prefer the crunchy ones anyway - glad it's working out for you x

I agree, you have to make it work for you. I can't eat CDP porridge, and can't face a shake for brekky, so I make my own porridge with oats and skimmed milk. Better than the alternative!
So I suppose i'm now on SS+
Keep up the good work all!!

PS.
I think that all CDCs are different in that they try and make it work for you....my CDC is flexible, better to be that way than have no successes...

I always start with bars never affects how much I lose x

What's the definition of a crunchy bar or a chewy bar? I always thought of them as the same! Must say I love all of them and I adore the mousse mix, that is my evening treat and seems very filling .....

Crunchy have same carb content as soups, shakes & porridge and come in mint choc, peanut & cranberry. All others are 10g higher carb content. X

I've not tried the bars yet as im only on week 2 but looking forward to giving them a go and chewing! Was going to stay away from them but most people say it hasn't effected their losses so I feel more confident now!

Back