Basic must have foods for SW

Gabby

Im starting SW again, and going shopping tomorrow, I just wondered if theres a list of foods that are must haves, like ww do.

I guess like pasta, eggs, mushrooms, mince, mugshots, tomatoes ect
I think you get my drift...

It would prob help newbes too, and def help me on my dumb days lol

thanks x

chopped toms, beans, potatoes, vegtables, stock cubes, options hot chocolate, pasta n sauce, sweetener, cornflour, onion and garlic - to name but a few

fruit and syn free yoghurts to snack on, plus some HEXs such as milk, cheese, babybels, laughing cow extra light as As and wholemeal bread or alpen lights as Bs

For me it is...

Activia FF Vanilla 4 pack
Activia FF 8 pack
12 pack of Mini Babybel Light
1 box of Alpen Light Chocolate Fudge
1 box of Alpen Light Apple & Sultana
Knorr vegetable stock pot
Hovis wholemeal 400g loaf
Quorn deli style slices
Hellman's extra light mayonnaise
4 cartons of passata
Dried pasta
Easy cook rice
Frozen corn on the cob
Quorn chicken style pieces and mince
Quorn minted lamb steaks or peppered steaks
Baking potatoes
Tinned sweetcorn
Mushrooms
Options hot chocolate sachets x 5 - any flavours
Fresh coriander
Courgettes
Peppers
Frozen veg
Smoked paprika
Fresh chillis
Onions

That would get me through a week happily!

Last edited:
Fresh vegetables, particularly butternut squash, leeks, carrots, courgettes, celeriac, tomatoes, aubergines and cabbage. Also alfafa sprouts and mung bean sprouts. Romaine, Little Gem, and Iceberg Lettuce. Rocket.

Fresh ginger root, to chop or grate as and when needed (I did get this ready prepared and frozen once, and it was OK, but I missed the lovely aroma when it is peeled and chopped!).

Ryvita, small wholemeal sliced bread, Real Foods Corn Thins, Finn Crisp.

Pouches of microwave wholegrain rice from Marks and Spencer (much cheaper and much nicer than Tilda or Uncle Ben's).

Caffeine-free diet coke and Tesco Mexican Lime Squash.

Skinless, boneless, chicken thighs.

Knorr Stockpots and Touch of Taste stock. (The latter for when you only want a small amount of stock as it is a liquid and you can pour out just the right quantity.)

Maldon salt, Wynad black pepper, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, olive oil, Frylight, .

Eggs - Old Cotswold Legbar if I can get them, if not any free-range.

Fruit - bananas, oranges, apples, melons, kiwi fruit (yellow ones if I can find them).

Activia yogurts (the small ones), Total 2% yogurt. Lemon curd (one teaspoonful to stir into the Total yogurt).

Scotts Old-Fashioned Porridge Oats.

Tins of tuna, lentils, chick peas, canellini beans, red kidney beans, and M&S stewed steak for emergencies.

Dried noodles, rice, pasta, chick peas, black turtle beans.

I forgot to mention cheese!! I don't like any of the low fat hard cheeses - I would prefer to have a nice proper cheddar and have less of it. My favourite is M&S Cornish Cruncher (for some reason the smaller packets are cheaper). I used to buy Laughing Cow but I have gone right off it -no idea why.

And Quark and Fromage Frais, of course.

Thanks girls....
Cant have onions tho, do unbeleivable things to me TMI lol
shopping list ready, well almost ;op
x

Back