Batwings

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to drop the inches from upper arms.:confused:

I have been doing exercises and using palmers body butter each day :)

Is there anything else I can do to tone my arms and loose the flab? I've lost over 2 stone now and my arms aren't shifting! :(

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated :):):)

Hugs x x x

I don't have any answers for you hun but i'm the same and i detest my upper arms, over my big bum, big thighs and rolls on my tum this is the part of me i hate the most so look forward to hearing what people suggest.

lol get a job pulling pints! that's worked for me, my arms are proper muscular now! palmers works for me too, especially on that little flabby bit near the armpit that i hate!

I have the mother of all upper arms and have been advised to try pilates.
Other than that, I am saving for the knife :)

Would rather have scars than flab.

x

What arm exercises are you doing firstly? I read that you need a 3 pronged attack for bingo wings.

1) Bicep curls
2) Arms at sides with weights, lift arms parallel to floor (so you look like a scarecrow with arms out!)
3) Hands together in front of you, then lift arms back (so tops of arms are either side of ears), lift weights up and down over head only moving the forearm.
Do each 12 times, rest for a minute and repeat 3 times.

I've been doing that daily and using Palmers and it's working miracles.
Just started with yoga and about to start pilates as well. If you don't have any classes around a good tip is to just do usual exercises or the ones above, but do them really, really slowly as that works the muscle more.

How much is the knife Tilly?

I don't think i'll ever be able to afford it, but i'm curious whether I could manage it!

Your not going to like my answer lol mine is dropping off now at first thought it would never go but it really is going if i really look hard i can see a little skin but that probably me being over critical, i have been lucky i think. Your skin does need time to catch up you are doing you best i dont think you could do much more, just give it some time. Must add though i am struggleing with my tummy skin cottage cheese comes to mind - gross

It's really upsetting actually! I'm in a really positive frame of mind atm with my weight dropping off - i did wii fitness coach and my trousers fell down! LMAO

The only thing I find difficult is the 'lumpy' skin - good description btw Lin! Cottage cheese he he!

You're right I do need to start remembering that my skin needs to catch up and a little patience is required!

I tell you what, my Mum made me laugh earlier. I'm off to see Take That next week (gosh im so excited I could crush a grape!!! lol) she said "the way you jump up and down, waving your arms like a loony, the extra sagging will fly off in one night" lol - she may be right. I might even pounce on Jason ! Either way I'll be doing some form of muscle building!!!

I am definately going to try those exercises watergirl. Thanks so much for that ((hugs)) I'm going to write them down and start doing them each day. I'd rather do that than go under the knife (no offence Tilly - i'm just an absolute mard ass!!! Can't even watch casualty! lol)

Hugs x x x

Before CD i did a lot of boxercise classes and this really helped tone my arms. Its to energetic for SS+ but my Hubby has a punch bag in the garage and i have been giving that a few whacks.

The exercises recommended are really good and if you don't have weights use bags of sugar which are 2.2kg.

Good Luck x

Its tricky, my sister has got them and has lost about 3 stone, definately the area she cant shift. I told her to lift some weights to lift the arm but she says she doesnt want muscles so it muscles or the wings. I think they are very feminine though and not ugly in the slightest.

Hey Badger....
You think the wings are feminine??? Or the muscles..... gosh if its the former.. all us girls will be your new best friend!!

As for surgery... I must admit, I have heard a lot of stories where people are left with very bad scars.. I havent looked at the price as I am going to try toning first...
Cottage cheese is a very good description though!!

x

The wings, were are all our own biggest critic. For ages I was hating the fact i'd lost the weight but still had the love handles and bit of a gut, but nobody else would even notice them and if I look around most men over about 25 would have them. I bet if you made a point of looking on a night out that loads if not most women had the wings. Fact is in the same way girls I know have said its the imperfections that they like(maybe they are being nice), its certainly the same in reverse. Perfect and symetrical is boring, inperfections are interesting and individual.
I think though when we lose weight we become so much more self aware of our own image. :)

I read one of your posts earlier that you use tins of beans, which is really good. I've been using a resistance band with the wii sports active which does bicep curls, shoulder presses etc that watergirl mentions above and i'm feeling a good difference

You talk a lot of sense Badger. I dislike my arms, but am getting to the point where I am less bothered.
My BF says they are fine and I have nothing to worry about.
My main problem is that I have Keratosis Pilaris (those red bumpy spots on the tops of arms) and I am so paranoid. I rarely show them and if I do I have to put foundation on them to cover them. Plus I have stretch marks underneath.

I keep thinking though that a good push up bra will take the focus off and is something nicer to look at!

Well it certainly doesnt bother 99% of men i'm sure. Let the perfect men get with the perfect women and we'll all have fun amongst ourselves :D

Gawd..... If I was 15 yrs younger!!!

Hey girls form an orderly queue!!!!

4 children and I never had stretch marks till I lost all this weight :)

x

The arms are definitely the hardest area to get trim but with a lot of hard work and determination you will get there in the end xx

you'll get there
cocoa butter or shea butter is a great moisturiser sure massaging it in can do no harm if nothing else they'll be soft and silky! x:D

Back