BBB Fabulous @ Forty

Belfastbabybear

2B Fab@Fifty
My 40th birthday is 15 April 2011.

That now leaves me with 9 months to continue to turn my life around and for some reason I really believe I can do it this time!

January 2009 I weighed 16st. Today I weighed 14st 7.5lb. Not bad considering I had a baby in December!

I started going it alone in Jan'09, stopped smoking, joined the gym etc. I was about 10lb down when I found out I was pg in Mar'09. I carried on trying to be sensible but knew I needed the support of a group.

I joined Slimming World at the end of April and weighed in at 15st 2lb. It's been slow going and sometimes I've only myself to blame by not following the plan 100%. That's why I came back here. I've only lurked in the past but noted the support people offered / received and decided it was best to get involved in the community.

Being accountable, having support, sticking to the plan will make a world of difference. I have so many things to look forward to. I no longer want to hide behind the camera. I want to enjoy my kids early years. I want to be fit & active. I want to live again.

Last edited:
Mon 05 July EE

omelette
wm toast (HEB)
strawberries (SS)

beans (SS)
pear, plum

Chinese chicken kebabs, stuffed pepper, roasted veg

24292-albums2544-picture15341.jpg

tea / coffee (HEA)
kiwi, melon (SS), strawberry (SS) fruit salad
Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge bar (3 syns)
McVities choc dig (4 syns)

Tue 06 July EE

Weetabix (HEA & HEB)

Ham sandwich (3 syns)
Melon (SS)
Hula Hoops (6.5 syns)

Home-made lamb burgers w/ rice & salad

24292-albums2544-picture15347.jpg

Tea / Coffee (HEA)
Melon (SS)

Starting to get nervous about Thursday WI.

Have been trying really hard but haven't got out walking this week because the kids are off school. Went tot he park today with the girls and mouched about pushing the buggy, keeping up with the other 2. Then went out tonight but only for a brief walk, again with the kids. I put MillyMooMoo in her sling and carried her, so that was an extra effort.

Your food looks delicious!

I've spent 9 years hiding from the camera and wishing I was slim enough to go swimming with my son etc, so I know just how you feel! You will surely find the support and inspiration you need on this site - it's fab! Good luck on your journey! x

Wed 07 July EE

Weetabix (HEA & HEB)
2 wm toast (6 syns)

Tesco instant chicken noodles (7 syns) **

Mushroom omelette w/ beans, bacon & SW sausage (2 syns)

24292-albums2544-picture15349.jpg

Tea / Coffee (HEA)
Fruit salad w/ kiwi, strawberry (SS), apple, pear & banana

** Will not be having these again! Value pack and nothing to them. 7 syns - that will teach me to eat first and check online later. Of course he came home from work as I was eating them and said 'they're no good, why stuff your face with a big bowl of noodles?':sigh: Then he checked the label I was keeping to look them up online. He took one look at carb content - 50.4g and said 'that's blown your diet of the week' and walked out of the kitchen :cry:

Went out for a walk in the morning with the buggy, before everyone else got up. Just a quick 20 min power walk. Then I put baby in the buggy and took her for another walk before her bottle & bedtime (just 1.27 miles / 30 mins logged on dailymile.com bringing my total up to 53 miles logged from 04 May).

Heh, dont worry, an extra accidental 3 syns wont do any long term harm. In realistic terms, its about 60 calories worth of damage, and thats...not even going to scratch the surface of one lost pound. FAR from blowing it. Just have 3 less one day to even things out!

Back