BBC documentary explains why Extra Easy works for me

The Maid

My hubbie & I watched the 10 Things You Need to Know about Losing Weight (a sacrifice for him as football on the other side which he recorded). I can see now that on Extra Easy it is the choices you make that can speed your weight loss. I prefer a protein breakfast and have noticed that I don't get hungry for 4 or more hours if I have one. The revelation for me was the low fat dairy produce helping to excrete some of the other fat you have eaten. Before I started SW I had virtually given up dairy products as on Rosemary Conley 20 years ago I got fed up with yoghurt & cottage cheese. On the Extra Easy plan I have v. low fat cottage cheese regularly and vlf natural yoghurt with defrosted berries twice a day.
My hubbie was saying how easy it is to lie to ourselves about what we have eaten which the programme showed using isotopes on one volunteer. Even writing down what she had eaten didn't give a true record. We can all be guilty of that.

Did anyone else see the programme, what do you think? If you missed it, see it on the BBC i player.

I enjoyed it too. It was all the basic stuff that a lot of us SWers should already know...but with some scientific explainations to back it all up.

V informative programme - highly recommend iplayer-ing it if you missed it!

The thing about weight loss is - basically everything you've ever been told is wrong! But because we've heard it so much, it'd be like if all your life you'd heard the sky is purple, you'd believe it and people would exploit it, but every now and then someone comes along with a dulux paint chart and says actually...no it's blue!

ooooh---- will defo I player, mate. Sounds a good one!
I went to piccies instead and watched star trek lol. Good fun but I was FORCED into eating a mahoosive bucket of popcorn! Will watch the BBC show later and weep at my weakness xxxxxxxxx

PMSL...how were you forced into the popcorn? Absolute torture!! ;)
Actually, there's an experiment about the cinema and popcorn in the programme...

Did you like Star Trek? I loved it! I am such a geek sometimes...

I saw about half of this programme last night, but I'm going to catch up on it later cos I sky plus-ed it. It's great to have things explained scientifically that prove why the SW diet works... low fat dairy, eggs for protein, etc.

We loved the Star Trek movie too. My OH has seen it twice! I always have a Ben & Jerry's Choc. Fudge Brownie tub and try not to syn for the rest of the day. That day we took the whole family out in the evening to Frankie & Benny's so I did syn some more - a very flexible day but so enjoyable and I still recorded a 2lb loss that week!:beam::)

^ the star trek film was amazing!!(full sci nerd here and proud of it!)

I liked that program but I think that you still need to find what works for you and your own triggers. If I eat fruit for breakfast or something else small and light like say a yoghurt I am fine, if I eat a big breakfast I then want to eat all day long!
I really liked the crazy water and thought that was quite eye opening as to what people eat and don't think about (which is why I love EE as I can nibble on fruit or ham etc and not have to stress about pointing it or counting it!!).

I loved that water too!

All the way through i was thinking...I want to drink water and get it tested, I want to have my poo analysed, I want to have my metabolic rate assessed...

"Afterburn"

One thing I've realised is that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I'd learnt about the afterburn thing but had recently fallen into the trap of allowing myself to eat extra after exercising kidding myself that I would burn it off and it wouldn't matter. It did! Fortunately, no group for me this week as half term so I have time to lose my gain and more before next week's WI. Fed up today as now have a cough and cold along with the kids. Suppose I shouldn't have any sugary medicine else it will add to my syns. Am drinking lemon & ginger tea which is helping my sore throat.

Extra Easy is great for soups too

Another thought - what the prog. said about soup (notice it was THICK soup) was useful too. It is SO easy to make up a tasty soup on the Extra Easy plan. Made a delicious Carrot & Coriander one yesterday using rubbery carrots and frozen coriander. There's more left for today. I love my OH's Sweet Potato soup, I left the recipe in a lunchtime ideas thread somewhere on this site.

how were you forced into the popcorn?
Er.............there was someone selling it and I had money??? Does that count as 'forced'??? Would it be an admissable defence in court????????

Oh, God! Think I better get the i-player cranked up and watch this flippin' docu. It appears that soup is the future (as opposed to Garlic Bread which is the mistake I have been making for years)
xxxxx

Garlic bread... such a beautiful, evil thing. I stopped eating it along with pasta dishes because one day I decided to look at the calories and I realised that having garlic bread with a meal, was a bit like having a meal, with a meal on the side... it had as much calories as my whole dinner!! I was stunned. I rarely have it now. Maybe as a very rare treat... Yikes!

Oh yeah, that's absolutely totally forced.

Soup...it's the future!

Ha, we had a farmers market on in Prestwich last week and they were selling garlic bread on a stick. Garlic bread...on a stick. Like a kebab...for putting on the BBQ...

Er.............there was someone selling it and I had money??? Does that count as 'forced'??? Would it be an admissable defence in court????????

Oh, God! Think I better get the i-player cranked up and watch this flippin' docu. It appears that soup is the future (as opposed to Garlic Bread which is the mistake I have been making for years)
xxxxx

:8855: soup is the future dang I wish it was garlic bread!
Yes I think thats counts as forced its so evil if only the popcorn peeps knew and would not sell to you:p

:8855: soup is the future dang I wish it was garlic bread!
Yes I think thats counts as forced its so evil if only the popcorn peeps knew and would not sell to you:p
It's weird but who ever craves popcorn UNLESS they are at the cinema? I mean, it get in your teeth, it is noisy and I ALWAYS have bits of it falling out of my clothes when I get undressed at night- how does it get there?

They must pipe the smell through the foyer or something- if only I could find the smell of scan bran so intoxicating!! lol

Thanks, actually he is really a rugby and cricket guy but watches the big matches. Shame Man. U lost though. Hubbie has been very impressed by my weight loss so is interested to see what will help him lose his unneeded lbs.

I think the soup idea, would be the same with things like stews, or anything cooked in the pot with added water, like things you make with mince. It still have alot of water content, so should work the same way.

Back