BBQ beanz

dreamslim

Silver Member
I bought some Smokey BBQ beans last night as I HATE tomato sauce but quite like BBQ. Sadly though, there is not syn value on the slimming world site. I used the online calculator but the only beans I can include as free foods are beans in tomato sauce.
I bought the chilli ones also and they are on syns online and are free but does anyone know about the smokey BBQ ones?
Thanks in advance.

Thread moved to syn forum

Can you post the brand and actual title? Cant find anything with just "smokey BBQ beans"

It's Heinz smokey BBQ beanz. This is the problem I had, there doesnt seem to be anything on syns online. Was hoping someone else had tried this and then managed to find out. Haha.

Wow, woohoo, so happy with that. Thanks so much. Do you mind if I ask how you found them?

I have the Food Directory 2011 and Free Foods Book 2011 :)

x

Heinz Beanz Sweet Chilli are also free by the way. Its only the Curry Beanz thats 1 syn for 200g tin

Hope this helps.

x

CurvyKaren said:
Heinz Beanz Sweet Chilli are also free by the way. Its only the Curry Beanz thats 1 syn for 200g tin

Hope this helps.

x

You are a life saver. :) got the sweet chilli beans for my lunch today so hoping I like them as beans are pretty staple in terms of sw it's just a shame that I don't like tomato sauce. Hahaha.

Just to clarify...

I'm having with my breakfast right now a 200g can of Heinz BBQ Beanz.....are these free?

The reason i'm checking is because people are saying "Smokey bbq" and my tin just says "BBQ Beanz"

Thanks...

And the sweet chilli ones are free? I worked them out even with the free allowance of baked beans on green and it come out at 2 syns for the 390g can!?!?!:confused:

Beanz, Sweet Chilli, canned, 390g can Free

Mmm is the other one this? :

Mini Meals BBQ Beanz/Beans & Mini Sausages, canned, 200g can

Seems like they've listed 2 types together for some reason?

Beanz, Sweet Chilli, canned, 390g can Free

Mmm is the other one this? :

Mini Meals BBQ Beanz/Beans & Mini Sausages, canned, 200g can

Seems like they've listed 2 types together for some reason?

I'm getting confused now!!! LOL. If the chilli beans are free, then clearly it's not worked out using the nutritional info on the can!

And no, it's not a "Mini Meal". It literally says "Heinz BBQ Beanz" and on the Heinz website it's listed in the same "flavoured" category as the chilli, curry, smokey bbq, etc...flavours.

I'm getting confused now!!! LOL. If the chilli beans are free, then clearly it's not worked out using the nutritional info on the can!

And no, it's not a "Mini Meal". It literally says "Heinz BBQ Beanz" and on the Heinz website it's listed in the same "flavoured" category as the chilli, curry, smokey bbq, etc...flavours.

I'm only telling you what's listed on Syns Online. :confused: The *only* item listed with "BBQ" in the title is that mini meal. And the 390g can of chilli beans came up exactly as I copied and pasted it.

I'm only telling you what's listed on Syns Online. :confused: The *only* item listed with "BBQ" in the title is that mini meal. And the 390g can of chilli beans came up exactly as I copied and pasted it.

I'm not disputing you, so please don't get me wrong. I'm appreciating your help! :)

It's just confusing me!!! :confused:

I'm using the nutritional values that are on the Heinz website under each type of Beans....
The "BBQ Beanz" (not "Smokey BBQ Beanz") nutritional info when entered on the syns calculator using a Green free allowance of Baked Beans comes up as 1 syn.
When entered with no free allowance, it comes up as 8.5 syns.

As for the sweet chilli ones...
I know they're listed as "Free" on the syns online, but again, when the nutritional info is entered into the syn calculator, it comes up as 2 syns.

Wooo this is confoozing me too now, talking in 2 places at once :D

I'm using the nutritional values that are on the Heinz website under each type of Beans....
The "BBQ Beanz" (not "Smokey BBQ Beanz") nutritional info when entered on the syns calculator using a Green free allowance of Baked Beans comes up as 1 syn.
When entered with no free allowance, it comes up as 8.5 syns.

Yeah, so thats fine, it will always be 1 syn per 20 calories if theres no free food. On here it says 87 kcal per 100g, so 174 kcal per 200g tin - divided by 20 is 8.7, or 8.5 syns to round it off. So 1 syn on EE/Green, 8.5 on Red.

Or am I missing something? :confused:

As for the sweet chilli ones...
I know they're listed as "Free" on the syns online, but again, when the nutritional info is entered into the syn calculator, it comes up as 2 syns.

Yeah going on this info I get 2 syns too, thats for a 390g can so is consistent with the 1 syn values for the 200g cans of other flavours. I expect they've just changed the recipe or something since syns online was updated.

I wouldn't worry too much as 2 syns isnt going to break the bank, unless youre going to eat ten tins every day? :D :)

;) I will settle for the 1 syn for the BBQ Beanz!

I E-mailed my C about this earlier on and she replied saying to go with the Green free allowance and syn the 200g tin at 1 syn.

Then she proceeded to tell me to stop stressing! LOL :eek:

Awwww :) She sounds nice. Yeah, 2 syns is 40 calories so is definitely not something t worry about! Its still less than an apple and you'd have to eat over 87 of them to put a pound on :)

Back