BBQ Idea's!!!!

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hi All,

Me and OH have a week off work next week, we are not going anywhere, but I know that he will want a load of BBQ's at home...Has anyone got any tips for me BBQ wise please?? Any idea's/Thoughts very gratefully received!! For either Red or Green please! Thanks!

Oh I have not had a bbq for ages.:drool: You could do corn on the cob on the bbq, get some extra lean mince put it in a bowl with 1 tsp of mustard powder, 2 red chillies chopped, 2 tsp mixed spices, crushed clove of garlic, mix it all together and put on to metal skewers in sausage shapes. Chicken breasts, bacon. Oh I want a bbq now.:D

Thanks Sonia,
I really like that Idea about the lean mince thing on skewers. Will defo give that one a go....thing with corn on cob is though, that if it is a red day then it wont be free will it? I think it will be best for me to go red, dont you? and use Hex's for roll, and possibly bit of cheese and have lots of salad.....mmmm looking forward to it lots now...

Thanks Sonia,
I really like that Idea about the lean mince thing on skewers. Will defo give that one a go....thing with corn on cob is though, that if it is a red day then it wont be free will it? I think it will be best for me to go red, dont you? and use Hex's for roll, and possibly bit of cheese and have lots of salad.....mmmm looking forward to it lots now...

Yeah your right best off having a red day. If you are making burgers out of extra lean mince instead of using bread you could wrap it in a big iceburg lettuce leaf, I do that and it makes a nice change, and for a change extra light mayo with a few drops of tabasco sauce is scrummy as a dip.:D

I absolutely love syn free lamb burgers (my own recipe)
Lamb mince
Fresh corriander
Fresh mint
Garam masala powder
chili powder
tumeric
ground corriander
cayenne pepper
paprika
Salt

In a food processor/ blender, firstly finely chop the mint and coriander then add the mince, followed by all the spices - I wont put quantities down, as it is really a trial and error thing! Add salt and mix until all combined. (There is no need to use an egg for binding, as the lamb is fatty any way.)
Make into thin burgers. You then have the option of either dry frying them slightly first to sear them and then barbequing, or just putting them straight on to BBQ.
I love mine with lime or lemon juice squeezed over the top too.

You could also do tandoori chicken. I cant remember the full recepie, but I know it involved marinading chicken over night in very low fat natural yoghurt and tandoori powder and I think lemon juice.

Also there's good old Quorn sausages!
You could also make lots of different kebabs with mushrooms, peppers, onions included.

Last edited:
Back