Bbq ideas

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mizkirsty, 17 May 2014.

1. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Well-Known Member

Obviously I appreciate I can have all the xl meat going. Accompanied with salad. But that gets a bit boring. Any exciting ideas for BBQ!? X
  2. Capri_Gal

Capri_Gal Well-Known Member

I always have salmon (lemon pepper on top), jacket potato and a huge salad!
  3. Jael

Jael Well-Known Member

I do a big Joes sausages order about every 5 months. Fill freezer. Lasts ages and great for BBQ!
  4. green eyed monster

green eyed monster Well-Known Member

5. Jemima Doll

Jemima Doll Well-Known Member

Kebabs on sticks with chicken or pork, peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, courgettes (anything else veg wise that you fancy) lovely! also we like bacon wrapped asparagus, salmon with herbs in tin foil...yum yum makes me wish I was having a bbq now!
  6. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

We had a bbq the other day. I made babybel burgers, lamb and mint kebabs, cajun chicken skewers. Was yum!
  7. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

Pasta salads are great to have as a side with extra superfree.
  8. melissam89

melissam89 Well-Known Member

The babybell burgers are lovely aren't they?

Sent from my C1905 using mobile app
  9. miss.mooey

I love em. I make them quite regularly. I add grated carrot, spring onions and chilli powder :)
    hubbys quite fussy but even he likes em - without added veg tho lol
  10. melissam89

Ohh will have to try grated carrot. Never thought of that.

11. miss.mooey

Just make sure u use kitchen roll to blot excess water off otherwise the mix goes sloppy... and falls through the bbq :( i made this mistake lol
  12. melissam89

Do you mix and egg in? It always goes weird for me so I've stopped using one and they come out grand. Wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

13. miss.mooey

depends how many im makin and if i need it to go further or not. If i need the meat to go further then i add an egg and breadcrumbs. But if im only makin a few then i dont bother. If using an egg u need something to absorb the excess i.e. breadcrumbs :)
  14. melissam89

Ahh. I usually only make 3 or 4 at a time, or two big ones and one baby one.