Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Also, i've got a new incentive. My Brothers wedding is in 7 weeks and i have just found my dress. I have ordered it in a 14 and a 16, obviously hoping to fit in the 14 but i have a bigger chest and so may have to go with the 16, we'll see.

Weigh day this morning and i lose 1.5lbs!!!! Thats only 0.5lbs off my stone award. So pleased with that.

Good luck Saturday weighers x

0.75lbs off for me which means i finally get my 1stone award!!!!!! So happy :D:D:D

last week; +1lb this week -1.5lbs :D

Lost 0.25lbs this week, i know why this is though. I have been having philadelphia and not weighing it and little things like that. Hopefully will hit 12st on the dot next week fingers crossed x

Hi everyone,

So I abandoned ship for a while there, it's been a funny and busy few weeks. But i'm ready to get the ball rolling again in time for Christmas.

I've done naff in the last 2 challenges I joined but I've joined the Oct - Dec challenge and i am determined for a fresh start from tomorrow.

I'm expecting a gain for the first week because i was away in Aberdeen for my brothers wedding for 4 days and fully indulged in the free buffet and hotel breakfasts, oh and the Cosmos and Burger King and since i got back i'll be honest i was just not feeling it so I've been half doing it.

After weigh in tomorrow is where it starts over. I'm working in half stone mini targets and going from there.

I could also do to research some more recipes that i can freeze as i am eating the same thing over and over and i fear my body has gotten used to the meals with no changes and that could also be a reason for the slow losses.

Anyways i'll check in again soon, and more often hopefully.

Love Stacey x

So 2 weeks of not doing SW has left me +4.25lbs heavier. Not happy but it was expected as I said yesterday.

However, onwards and downwards from now I hope. It's a cooking day today so i'm just browsing for inspiration and speed filled recipes to make and freeze.

Hoping for at least a 2lb loss next week.

Stacey x

Got the next weeks meals planned out and prepped :D. Spent hours today and yesterday pre-cooking and preparing different things for this week :woohoo:.

This week for tea i'll be enjoying;
- garlic chicken lasagne
- pork burgers
- Italian chicken
- Bolognese
- oven baked risotto (which I am making on Wednesday).

I have also made a pan of speedy soup which I have portioned into 2 for dinner tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm thinking of making more on Wednesday for dinner on Thursday and Friday too.

I'm aiming for 2 EE days and 4 SP days this week hopefully. I have everything planned and written out and have everything available at home so it's just my syns I need to keep track of, oh and remembering to take the meals out of the freezer in the mornings, that's always a good idea ;).

Feeling good about this week and raring to go. I'm away in Brighton next Tuesday to Thursday so I'm gonna pre-prepare some train snacks and do my best meal wise as we're going with a friend and her 9 year old Grandson so who knows where i'll end up eating tea. Hopefully there'll be some good choices.

Stacey x

Todays meals were;

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, milk, pear
Dinner: Batchelors Pesto Pasta and tomatoes
Tea: Garlic chicken lasagne with broccoli and green beans

For syns/ extras I had a pink n white, curly wurly and a bag of sunbites popcorn.

Tried gingerbread green tea for the first time today too, I have been waiting for it to be cheaper so I could try it. Not sure what I think yet, I may have to give it a few more chances. Are you supposed to just let the teabag sit for 2 minutes or stir it or squeeze it with the spoon? Who knows because I don't lol.

Feeling good for this week, well food wise anyways. I've lost track how many snotty noses I've blown this week so i'm sure it won't be long before I catch the dreaded germs. Just one of the many perks of the job I suppose.

2 EE and 2 SP days done so far and 2 more planned SP days to go. Having pork burgers for tea tomorrow and fry up on Friday, really looking forward to that.

I'm really enjoying the homemade tomato soup at the moment, especially with it being cold outside.

Stacey x

Monday's Menu - SP Day

B: Melon chunks and toast
Snack: pear
Lunch: Homemade tomato soup, 2 toast
Snack: Apple, strawberries
Tea: Italian Chicken, Green Beans, Broccoli

Tuesday's Menu - EE Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix, milk, strawberries
Snack: pear
Lunch: Chicken, Pasta, Salad
Snack: Clementine, Apple
Tea: Chicken Lasagne, Green Beans, Broccoli

Wednesday's Menu - SP Day

Breakfast: Melon, 2x Toast
Snack: Pear
Lunch: Tomato Soup, 2x Toast
Snack: Strawberries
Tea: Speedy Bolognese, Green Beans, Broccoli, Leeks

Typing this out makes me realise, I eat a lot of fruit and veg but a lot of my menu is routine and the same, if you know what I mean. I eat a lot of the same fruits and veg and don't vary a lot, does anybody else do this?

This week I have been spending my syns on; pink n white's, curly wurlys, sunbites popcorn and Halloween gingerbread shapes :D.

Stacey x

Hope everyone's having a good week!

Thursday's Menu

Breakfast; 2 Weetabix, milk, pear
Snack; strawberries, apple
Lunch; Homemade Tomato Soup, 2 toast
Tea; Pork Burgers, Carrot Fries, Onions and Mushrooms

Syns used same as above

Stacey x

Last day at work for 10 days done! So glad of a rest, heading to Brighton Tues - Thurs net week, looking forward to that. Also feeling optimistic about weigh-in tomorrow.

I feel like I've had a very good week and I think it is due to having written everything down in a plan and not deviating from it. Going back to basics works for me. Thinking meals off the top of my head doesn't seem to be as effective as when I plan everything ahead. I literally have a typed out meal plan net to my bed to follow. Whatever works best!

Feeling a little cautious about Brighton though as eating when I was in Aberdeen was disaster and took me a while to get myself back on track. Train snacks for the journey there are absolutely fine as I can prepare them at home, breakfast on Wednesday is in with the hotel and i'm not sure what's on offer at the moment. As for tea, I don't know where we will be eating and will have no control over how it is cooked so i'm hoping there are some good choices. I don't want to think about it too much as I don't want to spend my time there worrying about food. We'll see when it happens.

One thing I am enjoying at the moment is sliding into size 14's. I've been purchasing a few basic items to tide me over whilst I am still losing weight and the joy of being able to purchase them in a 14 still makes me smile. My challenge over Summer was to fit into size 14 trousers for work in September and that happened, I am comfortably wearing size 14 trousers everyday for work! My next mini challenge is getting into the 11st band on the scales.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Friday's Menu

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix, milk, melon
Snack: rest of melon from breakfast
Lunch: Homemade tomato soup, 2x toast
Snack: carrot and cucumber sticks
Tea: fry up (bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes)

Syns used on gingerbread shapes and pink n whites.

Enjoy your Friday night everyone, good luck all other Saturday weighers!

Stacey x

hello :) just popping to say hi, well done on the 2.5lbs off this week, that's fantastic. I know it was a little while ago, but I always have those breaded chicken things at the weekend, as far as I am concerned it's just the same as eating 5 or 6 chicken nuggets haha! I use my syns on stuff like spray oil as I can't abide frylight, alcohol, crisps, sometimes just stuff like ketchup and mayonnaise. Also things like bit of butter in mashed potato/swede. I use countrylife lighter, or whichever one is on offer ;) and usually 10g works out at about 2.5 syns, which is plenty for a jacket potato or a bit of mash.

I know the post is old but just had to comment. I totally agree, Frylight is vile to me, the smell of it turns my stomach. I use PAM or canola spray from Costco. I get the hubby to bring it back from the US or buy the canola spray at UK costco but its rather syn oil than use fry light. shudders at the thought ;-)

Argh, I disappeared again.

I have a few things to chat about.

Firstly, I bought a new winter coat, and it's a size 12! I am so happy, now I know i'm more of a 14 than a 12 but still it makes me happy.

I'm finding my willpower has grown so much. We had a bun sale all week at work for Children In Need and I can honestly say I haven't been tempted to eat anything from it. Not that it doesn't look yummy, because they did and I even made cookies without eating any. What was interesting though was watching other staff members not being able to pass the display of cakes/ biscuits without buying one. It made me realise how far I have come. I did donate some money though even though I didn't have any cakes.

I once watched a video on youtube of somebody on Slimming World and they were talking about how they stay focused and something she said has stuck with me since I heard it and whenever I see cakes/ anything like that being offered I just think about what she said and realise I don't actually want the rubbish as much as I think I do. She said when she feels tempted to something that's maybe not within syns/ ridiculous syns, she thinks about when she has to go stand on the scales and how she would feel in herself/ what she would like the scales to say that day. Like if I overindulge too much, I know i'm going to feel sad and disappointed with myself if I have a gain that week, knowing why, it is what happens, and I tell myself I don't want to feel like that and it works for me. But I know different things work for different people, but I thought i'd share as it has just stuck with me.

I do also have a 'cheat' day on a Saturday but I am trying to get myself out of it because I have noticed I end up feeling really naff and poorly by mid-afternoon. It's not that I go all bruce bogtrotter on every cupboard in the kitchen and binge, I just eat different 'non SW' friendly foods or have a takeaway, but it has started leaving me feeling really crap. I didn't realise how one day could really change how your body feels. Mine currently isn't thanking me for it at all. It also makes me wonder how rubbish my body must've felt when I was eating like that 7 days a week.

I think green tea is also helping me in some way. I try to make sure I have one first thing in a morning and last thing at night and I am noticing I prefer it now to a cup of tea. Tea with milk no just isn't as appealing. I do have to say, it has to be a flavoured one, I really like the cherry bakewell and gingerbread ones at the moment, I don't think my purse is enjoying it though. If anyone knows of any cheaper but just as tasty alternatives then please let me know.

For 2 weeks now I have only lost 0.5lbs each time. I'm not sure why it has slowed but hoping it's going to pick up again soon. I'm planning 5 SP days for this week as I am in London for the weekend so i'm trying to prevent too much damage being done. I might also weigh in early if I remember to, on Friday before I go so I don't have 2 weeks between weigh ins.

I'm hoping to lose 5lbs before Christmas, taking me to another half stone off and then it is countdown to holiday from January. I am going on holiday on the 10th May for 2 weeks and would like to have lost the remaining stone and a half or at least a stone by then. So it's full steam ahead from here.

Stacey x

Here I am! Forgot about my diary again, whoops.

I thought it might be nice to come back to my diary and start writing again as I am now over half way into my journey and feeling more motivated than ever.
That is a good feeling to have :D. I am also on countdown to my holiday, as I write this I have 6 and a half weeks to go and ideally I would like to be as close to the 11 stone mark as I can get by then.

I have had a couple of achievements in the last couple of weeks both on the scales and off. I seem to have finally gotten over the 11st 10 hurdle that I struggled to get over. Seriously, I feel like I have been running at speed for that hurdle for a while, I have been hovering around the 11,10 -11,11 mark since Christmas and I finally been able to get past it.

Another achievement is that I have given up my 'cheat' day and I have to say I feel much better for it. I don't feel like I need to eat all the junk that's within my reach because the plan doesn't matter on a Saturday, I now plan 7 days a week and stay fully on plan for those 7 days.

It's also time to start buying my holiday wardrobe, which at the moment is going to be in a size 14, two sizes smaller than my last holiday wardrobe :D. It's a great feeling being able to look for clothes in a smaller size. My ideal size would be a comfortable 12 as I don't think my body is built to be 'skinny' and I think I would look ill. My first purchases have been bikini's, now I just need the confidence to wear the bottoms and not chicken out and wear swim skirts. I have come to realise some bikini bottoms are so skimpy you may as well be wearing a thong, I don't want my cheeks out for all to see, no one is gonna care if they tan or not, it's not like they'll be on show when I get home. So that is my challenge right now, to find some bikini bottoms that are not low-rise and thong like lol. If anybody has any ideas please let me know, I would be very grateful.

That's enough of me rambling tonight. I shall be back at some point this week.

I am going to set a target for my Saturday weigh-in this week and hope for a 2lb loss again. Signing off now..

love Stacey x

So weigh in was this morning and I've gained 0.75lbs. I don't think I've over synned this week but I have eaten a lot of pasta meals and think the carb overload may have something to do with it. I also didn't eat tea until way after nine o clock last night which is a lot later than normal. Hopefully I will see a loss this week although * week is approaching.

On another note, I bought two more bikinis this week for holiday which I am slowly growing to dare I say, like myself in them o_O. Time will tell.

Breakfast this morning was 40g porridge oats with golden syrup for 2.5 syns. I'm planning on making KFC chicken for tea, last time I made it, it didn't go so well so i'm going to try a different recipe this time, fingers crossed.

Stacey x

Back