Beans on Toast!!!

Butterfly1

I have just had beans on toast for the first time in absolutely ages! It was fab, SW friendly, amazingly quick, easy and cheap to make- why don't i have it more often?!
I sprinkle a bit or curry powder in the beans to to jazz it up a bit!!:p

I love baked beans and poached egg, such a quick meal and very good too. X

A poached egg and mushrooms with quark, a little bit of veg stock and lots of pepper is yummy on toast too - mmmmm - I've just had lunch but your making me hungry!!

MMMMM defo egg and beans on toast is always lovely, wish i could make poached eggs i just use half syn for frying as frylite pops my egg hehehehe, glad you enjoyed your meal :)

I did thanks. I fail every time to poach an egg. I just end up with the white separated from the yolk in the saucepan!! Any tips- apart fron frying!!!

Have you tried using an egg poaching pan?
I spray mine with fry lite, and voila, they work every time!

I wanted to get the poaching pods from Lakeland last week but they'd sold out

Poach Pods

I love baked beans and always buy the good ones when they're 4 for £1.

I did thanks. I fail every time to poach an egg. I just end up with the white separated from the yolk in the saucepan!! Any tips- apart fron frying!!!

And always use a really fresh egg. Older eggs have a much runnier white and that's why you get the white streamers.

I tend to swirl the water in the pan then add the egg gently out of a cup instead of trying to crack into pan

I wanted to get the poaching pods from Lakeland last week but they'd sold out

Poach Pods

I love baked beans and always buy the good ones when they're 4 for £1.

I have these Julie... bought them for MIL (on her request) but she didn't get on with them so gave them back.

They are good, but a little tip: you must have a pan with a lid, and they go from runny to hard in no time at all... so keep an eye on them!!!

Emma xXx

PS: Beans on toast RULES!!! If I didn't have chicken defrosted I would have it for my tea tonight.

I got mine pan from argos, years ago but have seen them is Tescos too.
It's a pan with the 4 contains that fit in the holes, not the pods though they look good.
I keep mine open so I can keep an eye on them as they do cook quickly.

I bought a micro wave egg poacher too but haven't used it yet so can't say how good it is.

Heinz Sweet Chilli Beans and Poached eggs on toast yummy!!!! I just crack my eggs into boiling water and they always seem to cook fine, although if the water isnt boiling then they have been known to seperate lol.

Back