Beansprouts - so confusing!!

Passiflora

Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!
At Sainsburys last night, I paid my usual visit to the "whoopsi" section, and noticed three bags of beansprouts, for 30p!! Yes, I thought, I've got chicken, so chicken and beansprouts with a bit of blue dragon sauce for tea and I'm sorted.

I checked the packet of beansprouts, thinking that I wouldn't really need to and guess what - per 100g of beansprouts - 5.7g fat!! OMG!! What on earth??!!

I've gone onto Myfitnesspal this morning to check it out and now I'm even more confused!! Asda's beansprouts are virtually fat free and yet Sainsburys are so high!!

I've copied this from myfitnesspal:

Beansprouts (Tesco)
Serving Size: 100 g, Calories: 31, Fat: 0.6g, Carbs: 4.1g, Protein: 3.2g

<LI class=even>
3140_small.gif
Beansprouts (Sainsbury's)
Serving Size: 1/2 pack, Calories: 99, Fat: 9.2g, Carbs: 1.1g, Protein: 2.9g

<LI class=odd>
2199_small.gif

<LI class=odd>Beansprouts (Asda)
Serving Size: 1/2 pk of a 350g pk, Calories: 27, Fat: 0.4g, Carbs: 3.5g, Protein: 2.5g

Whats going on??!! Any ideas? I know the pack size different, but surely that can't make up for the massive difference in fat content?

I can't imagine beansprouts being high, when i used to do WW beansprouts counted as a '0' point....i think it must have been mislabelled?

here is a link which shows calories ect in beansprouts this site is great for all info so I recommend everyone keep it .... :) Calories in Bean Sprouts

also i have noticed that some foods are out of sync on mfp so i edit and rectify them to the packet :):)

Thanks for that booboo!

I'm going to go and have a look again at Sainsburys and take a piccy of the label and then get in contact with Sainsburys to find out what they feed their beansprouts on??!! It can only be pizza and chips looking at the current label!!

I agree, the label is wrong....just shows us we can't always go by that either.....

Hope your well Passiflora :):)

fine today booboo, thanks for asking! Had a really picky day yesterday, didn't go to the gym, went straight home, then ended up napping whilst husband cooked tea! I prepared it all on Sunday, swordfish with veg etc, but last night, I just didn't fancy it at all, and just had the carrots and swede mash and took myself off to bed! Feel a lot better today though, I think I was just having one of those days!

Unfortunately, no Zumba for me to get my teeth into tonight, I'm out with friends for a chinese meal, so I'm deciding on what to have, I think I'm going for a noodle dish, singapore style vermicilli. I remember it being the lowest pointe dish on the old WW diet, and I don't want to have a big dish of msg with rice. I'll skip the starter and enjoy my noodles and company too!!

I picked a bad week to alter my target for February - out tonight, out on Monday, and out for a late Christmas do on Friday!! Fortunately, Friday's do is a carvery evening, so I keep an eye on my portions, but I recalling the last time I went and I think, no, I'll be honest, I turned a blind eye to the portions last time!! It was very good though - brought a doggy bag back for the dog too!!

Some days we have picky days but today is another day ......enjoy your chinese its nice to have a treat and great company....and have fun on Friday ...very busy week for you but thats life !!
From the xenical site.....Choose healthier takeaways such as plain rice or noodles, and dishes with plenty of vegetables and small amounts of meat, chicken and fish.

Bet the dog will love his doggy bag...mine always enjoy them lol :)

Hope your well Passiflora :) xxx

Back