Beccy's 100% for Lent Diary

Menu plan for the week (Mon to Thur)...

Breakfasts will be egg based Mon to Fri (Boiled eggs or omelettes. Maybe Ham and hardboiled egg with tomatoes. Hmmm)
Lunches will be cereal with soya milk and fruit for dessert on Mon, Tue, and Thur. Wed & Friday will be Ryvita & cottage cheese (as will need HExA of cheese for dinner
Dinners will be as follows...
Mon - chicken, potatoes and veg (left overs) - need as many syns as poss for Felicity's birthday tea and cake in the evening
Tue & Thur - lean meat, veg and wholewheat noodles (not many) stir fry
Wed - Left over bolognaise bake (remember it had syns as couldn't get x-lean mince and needs a HEx of cheese with it!)
Fri - Pizza topped chicken and salad, with SW Tiramisu for pudding with Tina while we watch Little Miss Sunshine

Last edited:
Hmmmm - OH tempting me with curry take-away on Wednesday evening. Hmmm. Could do!! Will edit this post to end up with a list of lower syn curry options ready to choose from on Wednesday to make things easier....

At the moment I 'think' I'll have Chicken or Lamb Tikka Shaslik (onions, capsicum and tomatoes with pieces of marinated chicken or lamb on the skewer and grilled in the tandoor over flaming charcoal) and a home made salad (made before I go to get my takeaway). if I have an Original day on Wed, then I can have Eggs, ham, fruit and yogurt for breakfast; weetabix & soya milk for lunch, with fruit and yogurt if needed; snack on fruit; syn free drinks throughout the day; and have spare HEx's to account for any oil that may be brushed onto the grill to stop thing sticking when they make the shaslik. Will just need my 1 syn for morning coffee, 2 syns for choc weetabix as well as the HExB and that leaves up to 12 syns to cover me for the takeaway, which I think would be low syn anyway. :) Yay!!

Last edited:
Monday 24th March Total ? syns EE Day

This is the plan for Monday so far. I'll update later, in particular about cake at Felicity's birthday. No idea what she has planned but I'm sure it's manageable as I have 12.5 syns to play with! :)

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham, apples and grapes. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Snack: Apple and black tea

Lunch: 2 Choc Weetabix HEx B plus 2 syns and soya milk HExA. Black tea and an apple.
Exercise: None - rest day (apart from cycle to work and back)

I don't know how many syns my piece of cake was. It was planned and I didn't go mad with it, so am just going to say that was the rest of my syns for the day. Flexi-syns I suppose, but mentally agreeing the strategy / what will have rather than the actual number of syns (which is pretty much impossible to know).
Pre-dinner birthday party naughtiness: Black Tea and sponge cake for Felicity's birthday ? syns

Dinner: Roast chicken, flowering sprouts, green beans , 100 ml gravy 30 kcal 1.5 syns

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black)

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th March Total 10.5 syns EE Day

This is the plan for Tuesday so far. I'll update tomorrow evening...

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple and grapes. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Snack: Apple and black tea Caramel Crispy Bite 3.5 syns

Lunch: 2 Choc Weetabix HEx B plus 2 syns and soya milk HExA and a chopped banana with black coffee

Snack: Apple & black tea

Exercise: 45 mins Body Combat

Dinner: Veg and beef stir fry with noodles. Yogurt for dessert

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black) Treat up to Walkers Pops 4 syns.

Bloody cross with myself for eating that crispy bite thing this morning - I found it in my work drawer when I was looking for something else. Grrr. Idiot woman.
Looking forward to getting a take-away on Wednesday - going to try now to be swayed from my pre-planned choice :D

Last edited:
Wednesday 26th March Total 8 syns Original Day

This is the plan for Wednesday so far. I'll update tomorrow evening...

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Lunch: 2 Choc Weetabix HEx B plus 2 syns and soya milk HExA and a chopped banana with black coffee

Snack: Grapes & black tea

Exercise: 45 mins Body Conditioning Class

Pub: 2 diet cokes

Dinner: Indian Take away
Chicken Tikka Shaslik (onions, capsicum and tomatoes with pieces of marinated chicken or lamb on the skewer and grilled in the tandoor over flaming charcoal) with large (homemade) salad and VFF dressing HExB for oil allowance as they will have brushed the grill, (no extra syns required - it was very small - i.e. 6 pieces of chicken - and no oil on it. Melon for dessert.

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black), 2 finger Kit Kat 5 syns

When I got to work the TA's had gone mad buying crisps; biscuits; chocolates; jaffa cakes; etc. for the day (because there were no kid in ??!!!!!) I was SO good and stuck to my plan and didn't get swayed at all. :angel09:

I did my gym class as planned, made my salad, and then we went to the pub before going to get an Indian takeaway. I ordered a dry tikka dish to go with my salad, which was delicious, no oil, and tiny!!!! Still lovely, but not necessarily worth £9 as a take-out!! Oh well. It means that it was deffo syn free (allowed the HExB of oil just in case, but really didn't seem necessary) and now having a cup of tea and a Cookies n Cream Kit Kat for dessert.

Last edited:
Thursday 27th March Total ???? TOO MANY syns EE day

This is the plan for Thursday so far. I'll update tomorrow evening...

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

GAHHHHHHH: Ate a white choc chip cookie that a student game me - it was still warm, and I was weak. Who knows how many syns it had in it!!!???

Lunch: Black coffee.... then, GAHHHHHHHH: Another moment of weakness - a small off-cut (??!!) of syrup sponge jumped in my mouth when I was having an inward fume and everything was going wrong. Again - no idea how many syns :(

Exercise: 30 mins Intense Fitness Class

Dinner: Beef, vegetable and noodle stir fry.
Melon for dessert.

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black), Porridge HExB and Soya Milk HExA with sweetener and a tablespoon of golden syrup 2 syns

Well, it seems to be 'stress out Beccy' day. What with stroppy staff at work, scratchy teenagers, stubborn teenagers, and teenagers who want to come and do extra work with me during my lunch break when things are already turning to **** I'd more or less had enough. Plus I was angry with myself for going off plan. Plus my OH really doesn't know how to take the hint (i.e "I really have had quite a difficult day, and I don't think I can talk about this right now as it's stressing me out." Which I thought was quite clear to be honest) has to persist and persist, and THEN start going on at me about whether or not I've been shutting down my computer properly at night. HONestly! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA seems to about cover today. When he's buggered off out of the kitchen I shall make myself some porridge as I haven't had my HEX's yet today and that will be like having pudding with banana and a tablespoon of syrup on. (I know I've messed up today, but am seriously in need of some comfort food. How I'm resisting the Crunchie Bars at the moment is beyond me!!)

Sorry to be a grump. Early night tonight I think eh.

Last edited:
Friday 28th March Total 13 syns EE day

Okay - enough dwelling on todays hoo-haa. This is the plan for Friday so far. I'll update tomorrow evening.

Tomorrow morning I've got 6th Form Leisure - only 3 for golf and garden centre, but no Trish as she's driving the Sensory Pentathlon lot. Hopefully we can finish our 6th Form Castle tomorrow afternoon before assembly. Going to tidy and pack at lunchtime so I can escape asap to get home and find out how the flat purchase has progressed. Fingers crossed that things should be moving F A S T now. Scary but exciting!! (Hence stress levels rising today I think, as well as the fact that I was dealing with the usual challenges).

The plan for tomorrow evening is run with Tina, then go home cook dinner, shower and eat at own houses, then Tina coming round to watch Little Miss Sunshine together. Not a late night as got Amanda's class at the gym which starts at 9.15 am, plus I have a whole day mooching round the shops with my mum. Supposed to have book group in the afternoon (haven't read or watched the book OR sorted out my fave childhood books either, which is appalling as that was my idea at the last meeting - there you go!! One reason I'm glad I've stopped drinking alcohol - hopefully I won't keep getting carried away and making suggestions at book group!!)

Anyway.. on to the important matter of food!!! This is the plan...

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn :checkmark:

:checkmark:

Lunch: 2 choc weetabix HExB & 2 syns and soya milk HExA with chopped banana. Grapes and Activia for dessert. Black tea.

Exercise: 30 mins run Didn't go

Dinner: Small lamb leg steak, a couple of roasted potatoes, with lots of cauliflower and flowering sprouts, and gravy 1 syn

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black), Crunchie Bar 9 syns

Stuck to plan COMPLETELY!! Tina came over and we watched the film Little Miss Sunshine. We just had a can of Sugar Free Cream Soda in the end. Tina didn't want to eat any of her popcorn in the end, and I've only just eaten my Crunchie Bar as well. We've decided to do the 8.30am class at the gym (bloody Metafit - ouchie!!) tomorrow, so she will be knocking at 8.15am. Bit early, but as am meeting mum in the city centre at 11am and want to wash my hair first, that will be much better.

Going to Elliott's (my pupil) 18th birthday celebration tomorrow evening - meeting Margarete at 7.30pm outside the craft shop - so need to get glammed up a bit ('dress to impress' according to the invites). Obviously, going to pass on the champagne, but nice that they're making the effort for him. I'm just gutted that more of the other students aren't allowed to go - esp Hannah :( as she loves dancing and getting dressed up 'like a laydeee'.Gawd knows what I'm going to wear, as have no idea what fits and doesn't at the moment. Was tempted to buy a dress (Henry Holland navy with pink flamingos) but as we're supposed to be moving in a month I decided that it was a silly idea. I have plenty of clothes really.

Anyway - off to bed to read for a bit as got to be up early if I want breakfast. Will need to have finished eating by 7am if I'm not going to chunder in the middle of Metafit!! :D

Last edited:
Saturday 29th March 2014 XX Syns EE day

Breakfast: 2 eggs with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn :checkmark:

Exercise: 30 mins Metafit Class

Snack: Banana and black tea

Lunch: (Out shopping!!)
! ! D A N G E R Z O N E ! ! The plan depends where we end up. The cafe in the library would be good as they do jacket potato with salad (and can have salt, pepper and vinegar on the potato quite happily) or their home made vegetable soup using a HEx B for any oil they used to prepare. If mum wants to go elsewhere things could be more tricky! Black tea or coffe or diet soft drinks / water as I want to save my HExA for cheese on my bolognaise if possible.
UPDATE: Mum and stepdad wanted to go to Subway but I managed to talk them out of that thankfully. We went to the library and I had tomato and red pepper soup (no creamyness at all and no sign of oil either so I think my HEx B will be ample to cover it. Shared a diet coke with my mum. No dessert even though it was offered. GO ME!!!!

Pub / Book Group: Sugar free squash (strawberry and kiwi - mmmm) and soda

Snack: Grapes and a banana & black tea

Party: ! ! D A N G E R Z O N E ! ! The plan is soft diet drinks and / or water. Syn free nibbles. Have got 14 syns for a small piece of birthday cake if pressed, but as leaving early we might get away with none. Curry ready for when I get home. Must remember to pop in Asda for some syn free yogurts and toilet roll after the party - gawd I wish I wasn't going! So tired from shopping).
Did manage diet coke and water - although also had half a mouthful of fruit juice as a toast to Elliott's birthday. Had some syn free stuff and also a small piece of cake and mini pizza thing (REALLY mini!) so will say that's my syns for today and no more. Just tea and fruit then bed after my curry.
Dinner: Chicken, mushroom and pepper curry with wholegrain rice :checkmark:

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black), fresh pineapple

Ooo - bought some lovely shoes from Clarks....
http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20358915 They're so comfy and soft and are like a white gold colour - not shiney, just like a shimmer. They look lovely with jeans. Dead chuffed with them. And entirely practical even though they're gorgeous!! :D

Last edited:
Sunday 30th March Total 12 syns Green Day

This is the plan for Sunday so far. I'll update tomorrow evening...

Exercise: 60 mins Body Combat

Lunch: Banana

Pub: Black tea; white coffee (HExA); diet cokes

Snack: kitkat 5 syns tea

Dinner: Prawn dhansak (no oil) HExB for prawns & 6 syns with rice

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black)

Had a lovely afternoon mooching around Ely. Walked the river way so I could have a peep at the flat. Stopped at a few pubs. Made me laugh when I ordered a tea in one of them. The landlord looked at me with incredulation - honestly, it wasn't me who wrote it on the bloody menu!! Lol. Hopefully in a months time I'll be getting all nervous, and packing ready to move in a few days!!

Last edited:
Monday 31st March Total 8.5 syns EE Day

This is the plan for today so far. I'll update this evening...

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette. Apple. Grapes. Yogurt. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Lunch: Chopped banana 2 choc weetabix HExB & 2 syns and Soya Milk HEx B

Snack: Apple and black tea (in staff meeting)

Exercise: 30 mins run / jog

Dinner: Lamb steak, small jacket potato, large salad with extra light dressing

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black) and Curly Wurly 5.5 syns

Pleased food / diet wise with today, but good lord - what a long day... phew. Early night I reckon!!

Last edited:
Tuesday 1st April Total xx syns EE Day

This is the plan for tuesday so far. I'll update in the evening...

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn :checkmark:

Snack: Apple and black tea (or can or sugar free cream soda - at the swimming gala)

Lunch: Chopped banana & All Bran HExB and Soya Milk HEx B
Yogurt and a pear

Snack: Apple and black tea (in staff meeting)

Exercise: 45 Mins Body Combat

Dinner: Lamb & veg stir fry with a few wholewheat noodles

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for contracts to exchange on our flat purchase today. I really do hope that they get their acts together and don't mess us about. For a straightforward, no-chain sale this has taken flippin' ages so far!!

UPDATE: No news is bad news. Nothing done today. Seller saying that he can offer us rent free / deposit free accom in the flat we're buying after his bloke moves out, which is lovely of him, but sounds a little insecure. Just want it all sorted properly. Hope that doesn't sound ungrateful. Just wish solicitors would do what they say they will.

Last edited:
Gahhh - all went a bit pear shaped today with things falling in my mouth. Ie....

breaktime: small choc krispie made by 6th formers = ???? syns
lunchtime: small piece of bakewell slice (left over from 6th form lunches)
after work in meeting: about 6 cadbury's mini eggs

A bit cross with myself. No more syns today. Lucky I didn'r have too many yesterday eh!!

Tuesday 1st April Total 19.5 syns EE Day :break_diet:

This is the plan for Wednesday so far. I'll update in the evening. There's a big danger zone of Coffee Morning for the Parents Visiting Day, which my little group of 6th Formers are supposed to be organising. Charlie, the food tech teacher, has made some lovely shortbread for them to serve. Shortbread is VERY high in syns. Yesterday was a disaster, so I don't want today going the same way. Self control is not optional!!

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham and cherry tomatoes. Apple. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn :checkmark:

:checkmark: And a bloody biscuit. *shakes head* 3 syns

Lunch:
(Planned a chopped banana & All Bran HExB and 100ml Almond Milk 1 syn, Yogurt and a pear and a yogurt. Black tea. Nope Had school lunch. Chicken and pasta with cheese (HEx A & B) and lots of really horrible overcooked veg. Then strawberry whip / mouse for pud. Probably about 5 syns as tiny, but must have lots of sugar in it. Honestly - talk about self-sabotage. Can't remember when I last had a school dinner that was worth (a) £3 or (b) Going off plan.

Snack: Banana and black tea (hopefully at home as I intend to escape quickly tonight!!)

Exercise: 1 hour Aerobics and toning
Dinner:
(Planned: Pasta and mince bake (2.5 syns as each portion of bolognaise sauce had 10ml of cooking wine 1 syn and 100g Lean mince 1.5 syns as I couldn't get Extra Lean - as per Fri 21st March diary) with HExA of half fat cheddar on top, and a BIG salad with lemon and black pepper) Changed plan to steak, mushrooms and salad with syn-free dressing, (so no syns or HEx's)

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black) and White choc buttons 5.5 syns and 2 finger Kit Kat 5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 3rd April Total 14.5 syns EE Day

Last school day before training day and breaking up for Easter hols tomorrow. Feeling a bit stressed / depressed as have so much paperwork that I really don't know where to start. If I want to get everything done it will mean working every day in the hols, which is something I don't even want to think about. I hate paperwork. Lucky I love those darn kids so much eh!! I suspect the first hour of admin will need to be spend in making a to-do list (remember - realistic and manageable - like the targets set for the pupils!)

Have also set myself a target of only 'mindful' eating. No noshing while typing or reading or rushing about. Only focussed eating so that my mind registers what is happening to by body and reacts accordingly. Apparently this aids digestion, and means you're more likely to realise when your appetite is satiated.

Anyway, this is the plan for Thursday so far. I'll update in the evening...

Snack: Half a Geo Bar (then realised it was horrible) 1.5 syns Apple and black tea

Lunch: Chopped banana & All Bran HExB and Soya Milk HEx B
Yogurt and a pear

Snack: Clementine and black tea and slither of choc cake (that someone had made and wanted me to try) 5 syns

Exercise: Rest day

Dinner: Lamb & veg stir fry with a few wholewheat noodles and minimilk for dessert 1.5 syns

Last edited:
Looks a good day. Hope all went to plan for you.

OHhhhhh Seadie. It SHOULD have been a good day. Unfortunately my will-power went awol and left me all adrift. I've edited / updated now so you can see the miserable truth. When will I ever learn!??!

(1) Sweet stuff needs to be at end of day (preferably just before bed) as it just makes me want more, moer, more.
(2) School dinners are a waste of money and syns - especially if you like very spicy / seasoned food like I do.
(3) Rubbish food actually doesn't ease stress at all. Not one iota. It just means there is something else to feel rubbish about.

The most scary thing about today is that on the face of it (if I wasn't on SW) it would have looked like a 'reasonable' days eating, and it didn't feel like I ate in a particularly 'synful' way, yet I totted up 19.5 syns as easily as breathing. No wonder I put on so much weight when not on plan and eating whatever I fancy!

Fingers crossed that I won't be useless today!

Friday 4th April 2014 10 Syns(Plus flexisyn cake) EE Day

This is the plan for tomorrow - which is a teacher training day (yay - more paperwork). After work I'm not going down the pub with most of the staff, BUT me and Emma are going for coffee and cake. I can't say how many syns the cake will be in order to flexi-syn it in the angelic / proper way, but I AM flexi-synning it as in the fact that having one piece of cake is a conscious, pre-meditated decision. I'm not going to let it make me fall off the waggon for the rest of the day / weekend / week. For the rest of the day I will be on plan, but I intend to enjoy this treat without any nonsense or guilt. It is a one-off for a specific occasion.

I have also started wondering how I stopped going to ANY Body Pump classes as all when I enjoyed it so much in the past. I intend to do that class on Friday. :) (Hopefully this will work off a few crumbs of the cake, eh!!)

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham and cherry tomatoes. Clementines. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Snack: Yogurt, Apple and black tea

Lunch: Chicken salad with salsa

Snack / Easter celebration treat: Coffee and cake with Emma as end of term treat - Flexisynning (even though don't know how many) as going to Jocolatte after work. Will have one small coffee (using HExA Milk)

Exercise:
Body Pump No - the instructor didn't show up so we went for a jog instead

Dinner:
Donna kebab fake-away (SW syn free recipe) with spicy wedges; salsa sauce (homemade) and large salad. Melon for dessert. NO Just steak (no fat cooked with frylight) and tomatoes

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black) and Crunchie 9 syns

Last edited:
Saturday 5th April 2014 13.5 Syns EE Day

This is the plan for today so far. Will update later....

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham and cherry tomatoes. Clementines. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Exercise: Metafit

Snack: Mini bag white choc buttons 5 syns &
mocha coffee 1 syn

Snack: Black Coffee with 1 sugar 1 syn (out)

Lunch: None

Dinner:
Wedges, beans and HEx A and B of grated Cheese & massive fruit salad for dessert.

Supper / Treat: Redbush tea (black) Curly Wurly
5.5 syns

Last edited:
Sunday 6th April 2014 7 Syns EE Day

This is my day so far...

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs. 2 Clementines. Redbush tea black and a mocha coffee 1 syn

Exercise: Double whammy (10.30 til 12.30). 1 hour Body Pump then 1 hour Body Combat (going to hurt tomorrow!)

Lunch: Chicken noodle omelette (2 eggs, HExA Cheese, chicken breast, broccoli, mushrooms, half a pack of fat free supernoodles) with salad

Pub: Sugar free strawberry and kiwi squash with soda. LOADS of it.

Dinner: Chicken, spinach and potato, HExB olive oil.

Supper / Treat:
mocha coffee 1 syn White choc buttons 5 syns

Last edited:
Back