Beck book...

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've got the Beck book but I've never managed to get though it! It's meant to bring really good so I'm going to give other another go. Anyone fancy making up a little group to read it at the same time?

I just started it a few days ago... I've done the first exercise and surprised myself with a couple of "reasons" that I wrote down... I'll join :)

I've got the Beck book but I've never managed to get though it! It's meant to bring really good so I'm going to give other another go. Anyone fancy making up a little group to read it at the same time?

Have you got the book or the workbook? I'm confused with the different options x

CBT Worksheets | Diet Solution - the worksheets to go with the book :)

I'm doing Beck very very slowly, would be good to have some buddies to catch it up as it really makes a HUGE difference to your head. At the moment I'm going back to read what I've written on my worksheets to keep refreshing my progress to date. Need a shove this week to get back in gear!

I have it too (bought a kindle specially for it!) - done a couple of the early exercises but it would be really good to be in a group that I keep up with it! I'm hoping that in 6 weeks (when I change from the VLCD to the LCD) I will be fully ready for it with the help of Beck.

I'll join too. Got the book about a year ago and only read a couple of chapters. That's me all over - I start things full of enthusiasm and then I don't maintain the momentum so things fizzle out :-(

Well I'm going to start it Monday if anyone wants to join me :)

I'm starting on tomorrow for first time on VLCD so I've just bought the book and would be happy to join a group xxx good luck all

Ok, Monday it is. I'll get the book out and dust it off! I'll print the worksheets off, too, to do it properly!

Ooh, a group! I've just restarted the book, going through it properly (not just picking out the bits I like the sound of!) and its a great idea to have a group to keep us all on track! Look forward to Monday :D

can I join?
Ive had the book a few weeks now, keep picking it up and then forgetting to do my stuff for it!
Ive started it kind of.. got the first few cards written. i have these old business cards to write stuff on the back of and can keep handy like in my purse.
I quite like the tone its written in, shes just got an answer to everything!

I find her tone problematic. She's very much telling you exactly what you must do and it what time each day - which just brings out my rebellious child and I refuse to do it! I've gotten over that now though. I read each day's entry and consider how it suits me - does it 'speak' to my issues and if what what action I'll take. If you take is approach though make sure you're being completely honest with yourself!

I wish u guys all the luck in the world - forming your own group is a great idea. You could discuss that day's idea each day and that'll help you all keep on through the book. Good luck!

Back