Becky Begins...

This week

So I had my usual weigh in yesterday and the scales said I hadnt lost anything! This is getting a little annoying now as this seems to happen every other week, despite me sticking to the diet, and doing tons of exercise.. Am hoping that if I keep going, perhaps, my pattern will repeat itself and next week i'll lose 4lbs like I did last week!

I am starting to feel really good about being so good.. i know that sounds weird, but there's something very reassuring about seeing my calorie intake on the computer, and adding my swimming in each day sees the total plummet which is nice.. Its really making me focus on the different foods i am eating and what their calorie content is. I am still doing Slim Fast for breakfast and lunch during the week, with a normal dinner. And then at the weekend I am eating normal foods but just monitoring the calories to make sure I am still within my limit. I am on easter holidays from school at the moment where I teach, so I am having a go at eating normal food for lunch too, trying new things that are low calorie. So today, I had:

Breakfast: Slim Fast Shake
Lunch: Poached Salmon, spinach leaves, roast vegetables and some couscous.
Dinner: Tonight is going to be meatballs, spaghetti and a tomato and basil sauce.. mmm..

I really hope this diet works. I am so desperate to start getting this going properly and see results. I want to see myself a mini goal, so here goes:

* To drop from a size 26 to a size 22 enabling me to buy clothes from more places

I think you'll find that you are not alone in the weight loss pattern you are seeing, but it is frustrating that the scales wont be nice when they should be!

You are doing great though, so keep it up, it will happen!

Been swimming again this morning, managed 64 lengths this time! Am pleased that i seem to be getting quicker as it must mean that I am improving something even if I dont appear to be losing weight some weeks..

Today I have had:
Breakfast: Slim Fast Shake
Lunch: Salmon fillet and roasted vegetables
Dinner: Planning to have a Cod Fillet, homemade potato wedges and peas.

I am about to settle down to do some marking (as I have a whole load of student coursework folders to get through during this holiday) and am then going to cosy up and watch a scary film on the sofa this afternoon.

Am feeling quite energised this week, and can't believe i've kept this diet up for nearly 4 weeks now. Just goes to show that I am keeping motivated, despite having variable weight loss, and am hopeful that things will start to move more quickly soon..

Have you taken inch measurements yet? You must do this because you will find that times when your weight sticks, you will have lost inches. It baffled me every time it happened, and its something that others experience too.

Good to see you are keeping active with swimming, that will help to maintain and build some muscle which will help to keep burning calories off.

Back