Becky's Diet Diary

The gym I go to in Spain is just the same - my friend emailed me today and was having a right rant about it. We can only have 12 in Pilates class and when she got there at her usual time there was a queue outside the door and she could not get in and was not happy (I would not have been) as she goes every week all year and in summer they struggle to fill the class but she is always there. "They can stuff their pilates class" she said today but no doubt she will kick up a fuss if she does not get in on Thursday.

Just off to Aqua for 45 mins - got OH to fetch me back as I don't want to walk back in the cold after being in the pool. :D

it's a total nightmare. ... Anyone that went before Christmas should get priority over the new ones! I'm hoping it'll die down over the next few weeks as I want to start weight training but not when I'm having to queue for machines!

I want to do a couple of classes too but will hold off till it calms down a bit!

Think it happens after every New Year - there were more at my exercise class yesterday morning but she has been advertising quite heavily as she used to be with Rosemary Conley and since she went bust lots of them have gone out on their own and trying to make themselves a business.
We had a new teacher just for last night and she obviously did not know the class was 45 mins and kept on for the hour - I was ok but some of them just left the pool after 45 mins with this woman wondering what was happening.:confused:

My food diary has disappeared (I've probably posted it on someone else's thread!!!)

day 2

breakfast : porridge
snack : graze nuts
lunch : chicken and vegetable soup
dinner : thai Green chicken curry with rice

gym: 30 minutes on the treadmill, 25 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes on the rowing machine

Last edited:
Day 3

0.4lbs off this week - although it's not a lot I am pleased as I was expecting a gain after three meals out and being totally off plan for a couple of days, I have lost every week since I started so would have been gutted with a gain!!!

Started work at 6 this morning and I always seem to be really hungry in the mornings when I do earlies!!
Breakfast: belvita breakfast biscuits and porridge
snack : jelly beans :O ... The massive head rush I've just had probably means that these were a bad idea! !! :'(
lunch: steak and veg soup
dinner : cheese and biscuits

Last edited:
ended up eating chocolate orange last night. ... I'd got rid of most of the goodies but that was my daughters and she insisted on sharing. ... finding it really hard to turn down treats at the mo :'(

I found one of those Lindt chocolate bubble things in the fridge yesterday and without thinking just opened it and ate it (it was good :) )
At exercise class we have a food collection point and somebody put a new box of Quality Street in it and we had a discussion about whether to open it or not - then found out it was our teacher who had put it there -well impressed. Even she has put weight on over Christmas and it shows so she said it was a no brainer.

day 4

shopping coming tonight with lots of healthy snacks so been to the co-op this morning and bought some fruit to pick at through the day!

snack : cherries
lunch: chicken and broccoli pie
afternoon: cadbury highlight (to stop me from eating a cereal bar! !)
dinner : spaghetti bolognese
evening: cadbury highlight

Last edited:
day 5

snack : melon and grapes and a cadbury highlight
lunch: braised beef with root vegetable mash
afternoon: cadbury highlight ( my new addiction as I'm trying to ditch diet coke!!! Really struggling with wanting to snack constantly but these treats do the trick :) )
dinner : chicken saag with rice
snack: oat so simple fruit muesli bar and a cadbury highlight

Last edited:
day 6

mid morning : cadbury highlight
lunch : cottage pie
mid afternoon: cadbury highlight and melon and grapes
dinner: chicken arrabiata
snack: golden syrup crunchy bar

Last edited:
Hi! I have just read your whole diary and you are doing so well! :)

Cant believe you managed to lose weight over Christmas, that is brilliant! Lol

I am here to subscribe, planning on starting CC from today (although I already messed up having a sausage and egg mcmuffin for breakfast!).

Good luck on the rest of your journey, If i can lose like you have, I will be one happy bunny! :)

Hi! I have just read your whole diary and you are doing so well! :)

Cant believe you managed to lose weight over Christmas, that is brilliant! Lol

I am here to subscribe, planning on starting CC from today (although I already messed up having a sausage and egg mcmuffin for breakfast!).

Good luck on the rest of your journey, If i can lose like you have, I will be one happy bunny! :)

hi :)

I'm not sure how interesting my diary is!

I do let the odd treat sneak in so you could still get away with your muffin this morning ;-)

I think for me the biggest hurdle was being in the right mindset for it and this is what I've found hard this week!

Good luck, if you focus you can do it x

day 7

skipped breakfast as one of the guys bought cream cakes in to work for his birthday so had that instead! luckily I bought in a salad for lunch so even with the cake I come in at under 1,000 calories for the meals I have planned today. .. Do of course everyone is telling me to have a second cake. .... Maybe later ;-)

lunch: chicken and mango salad and fruit
snack: nutri-grain bar
dinner: chicken chow mein
evening: cadbury highlight

Last edited:
hi :)

I'm not sure how interesting my diary is!

I do let the odd treat sneak in so you could still get away with your muffin this morning ;-)

I think for me the biggest hurdle was being in the right mindset for it and this is what I've found hard this week!

Good luck, if you focus you can do it x

Odd treats are fine - it is when they get to be all day is when the trouble begins. :) (I know from experience)

Odd treats are fine - it is when they get to be all day is when the trouble begins. :) (I know from experience)

in the past I would have eaten the second cream cake at breakfast and gone for a third in the afternoon without even thinking about it. ... not any more. ... Although i'm still tempted by the second this afternoon. .....

As long as you're under your calorie goal you'll be fine :) sometimes a sweet treat helps you get through the day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

As long as you're under your calorie goal you'll be fine :) sometimes a sweet treat helps you get through the day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

had a nutri-grain bar instead! coming in just under calorie goal so might even manage a cadbury highlight later! !!

Highlights are on offer in Asda at the moment - £3 instead of £3.88 and got a couple at the week-end then this morning they are all gone except the fudge flavour. Just had one and it was OK.

Highlights are on offer in Asda at the moment - £3 instead of £3.88 and got a couple at the week-end then this morning they are all gone except the fudge flavour. Just had one and it was OK.

I tend to buy the sachets....4 for a pound. ... Probably not the cheapest way to do it but I get a variety of flavours and can know I'm not putting too much in. .. Which I probably would otherwise!

my daughter loves the fudge ones. ...I don't mind them by prefer the Bournville or cadbury ones :)

I prefer to have the Bournville ones but our Asda does not have them and Morrisons is miles away from us - can get them when we go to the Midlands to MIL's (where we are going later in the week) and will have to do her shop so put a couple on her bill (put what you want in the basket is what she tells me all the time :) ) You get 20 out of the jar so at £3 they work out at 15p each and as I don't drink tea or coffee I have 3 everyday so quite a saving.

Back