Becky's Diet Diary

Wow that's incredible! I'm currently an 18 and would be so pleased at a 12. I know what you mean with still seeing the old you. A few years ago I went from a size 20 down to a 14 and still went for the bigger sizes when out shopping and still felt massive. It's only looking back on photos that I realise how much slimmer I looked. I felt gross at the time but I actually looked pretty decent. Maybe take some pics and compare to some from before you started?

You've done well on the fast days but if it's not right for you then go back to what works. You've given it a good try :)

Wow that's incredible! I'm currently an 18 and would be so pleased at a 12. I know what you mean with still seeing the old you. A few years ago I went from a size 20 down to a 14 and still went for the bigger sizes when out shopping and still felt massive. It's only looking back on photos that I realise how much slimmer I looked. I felt gross at the time but I actually looked pretty decent. Maybe take some pics and compare to some from before you started?

You've done well on the fast days but if it's not right for you then go back to what works. You've given it a good try :)

I think the main thing is that I never thought I'd get this far so am struggling to believe it!

I took some pictures when I started and am waiting til 6 months (end of Feb) to take photos to compare which I think will be interesting!

Every now and then I'll catch myself in a mirror or see a picture of me that surprises me and literally everyone has commented on my loss so I know it's there. .. my brain just needs to catch up!

I'm getting my hair cut in a couple of weeks and going pretty short with it this time. I've always avoided short hair as felt my face was too fat for it but I think I can get away with it now!
I'm still in two minds about the fasting, I know it will boost my losses but I'm worried I'm doing too much at the same time. .. quitting smoking, upping exercise and fasting and I worry that I'll fall off the wagon big time if I keep pushing myself too much!

I think I'd rather stick with slow and steady wins the race than sprinting to the finish line! especially as my head is struggling to keep up with it all!

If I can get to a 12 in 6 months I'm sure you'll manage it in no time too x

6 months is no time at all in the grand scheme of things. If I do as well as you have I'll be so happy!

Haha I'm the same with hair. I've wanted to chop my hair in to a long bob for ages but I don't dare as I think it makes me look fatter :D it will look fab on you.

Totally agree with doing too much at once. If normal cc is working for you, then stick with it. It may be slightly slower but if you have more of a chance of sticking to it then keep going :)

day 23

breakfast : porridge
snack : nutri-grain bar
lunch: ww cottage pie and fruit
afternoon : graze honeycomb flapjack
dinner: chicken saag with rice

took it easy at the gym last night as I'm feeling so tired. .. planning on the same again tonight so will burn a few calories ready for tomorrow's weigh in! I'm still feeling knackered. ... Since getting back to work after Christmas we have had one problem after another and I think the stress of it all is just grinding me down now! I have a 4 day weekend coming up in February so hopefully that'll give me a chance to recharge!

exercise day 16 - 30 minutes on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the cross trainer

Last edited:
Totally agree with doing too much at once. If normal cc is working for you, then stick with it. It may be slightly slower but if you have more of a chance of sticking to it then keep going :)

I think instead of fast days I'm going to have 2 snack free days a week. ... breakfast, lunch, dinner and nothing else. .... Should bring me in about 800-900 calories so still down but not quite so extreme!

I read in my fast book that if you get to maintaining you should aim for half your normal calories in fast days. ... To maintain where I am I think I'd be looking at 1800 calories per day so 800-900 seems about right on that.

Other days will be 1200 target but I'll be a little relaxed if I go over instead of panicking!

Well done! Size 12 jeans are a long way off for me, but well flipping done to you :D when you get your hair done too you'll feel like a completely different person xx

Well done! Size 12 jeans are a long way off for me, but well flipping done to you :D when you get your hair done too you'll feel like a completely different person xx

you'll get there. ... and probably sooner than you expect. ... If someone had told me 6 months ago that I'd be in size 12 jeans by now I would have thought they were having a laugh!

Just stick to plan and the pounds will drop off x

my hair used to be half way down my back! Last October I had it cut to shoulder length. .. Going even shorter this time!

Day 24

1lb off this week...I'm a little disappointed as I did two fast days but this confirms for me that it is not the right diet for me to follow - sticking now to 1200 cals per day as that worked so well for me up to now.

I am out for a meal with family on Saturday night so will be good for the next couple of days to balance out the calories - although I have volunteered to drive so I can't drink which will limit the damage!

Plan for today:
Breakfast: Porridge and fruit
Lunch: Salmon and broccoli pie
Dinner : spicy chicken pizza
snack: creme egg :O

just in 1200 cals :-D

Aiming for a snack free day today as can't get to the gym tonight so exercise will be something light (can't do 30 day shred at the minute as I have pulled something in my leg and lunges and squats are an absolute no no!!!)

Exercise day 17 - played just dance on the wii with my daughter for half an hour

Last edited:
Well done with your 1lb loss, I think it's brill and great you tried something different

Thanks, I'm glad it's still a loss. ...I was a bit surprised as I already showed at 1lb of Monday morning so expected a bit more (the curse of sneaky weigh ins! )

it's just the way my body works I guess. ..I followed slimming world in the past but only managed to lose if I had no syns at all!

I guess my body just likes to be around 1200 cals. .. Some days are nearer 1000 and then occasionally a bit higher if I go out. ...

I really shouldn't complain though given that I've lost!

oops... Just ate a creme egg. ... I blame morrisons for putting them by the till! !!!

day 25

lots of snow here this morning. .. Although not enough for a snow day :-(

breakfast: porridge
snack : nutri-grain bar
lunch : feta cheese salad and fruit
afternoon: cadbury highlight

exercise day 18 - went on the wii fit

Last edited:
We've had bad snow here so I've been stuck in the house with my daughter for the past few days. So boring!

I've managed to resist creme eggs so far. I love them though!! I am requesting no Easter eggs this year (I may regret that though haha).

I've ordered some options and highlights with my shopping tomorrow after reading your diary. Got some nice flavours to look forward to :)

We've had bad snow here so I've been stuck in the house with my daughter for the past few days. So boring!

I've managed to resist creme eggs so far. I love them though!! I am requesting no Easter eggs this year (I may regret that though haha).

I've ordered some options and highlights with my shopping tomorrow after reading your diary. Got some nice flavours to look forward to :)

I would have been going up the walls by the end of today if we'd been snowed in!

They've changed the chocolate in creme eggs so it was not as nice as I was expecting! !

I love highlights, they are the perfect thing to have when you have a chocolate crave!

day 26

in work at 5am this morning :-( I will be shattered later and going out for a meal with family so I will probably struggle to stay awake! luckily we are going at 6 as we are taking the kids with us so hopefully it won't be too late!

breakfast : porridge
snack : small tin of beans and sausages (was starving after gym!)
lunch: ww jambalaya

exercise day 19 - 60 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 40 minutes of wii fit :-D

Last edited:
Back