Becoming a Consultant; anyone been to the meeting?

sunnies

Morning all
I have just had a call about attending a meeting to become a SW Consultant and was wondering if anyone had been to one of these meetings and could give me any ideas of set up costs etc?

I am really tempted as I love the plan and think it would be a superb way of getting to know more people in the area, earn some pennies and loose more weight!!

Thanks

I am going to a meeting this weekend. I'm not sure I have the time to start up a group but I am going to see exactly what is involved.

hi, i was wondering about becoming a consultant. any news?

I have been to a ops event meeting about two months ago - they lay it all down on the line about start up costs (it's also the one thing they don't put on the paperwork you take away with you), what you can expect to take home from the door money, sales of hifi's etc. The actual start up costs aren't too bad (I'd rather not mention it on here as they would prefer to keep it confidential (especially away from the competition i guess)) depending which package and how many groups (1 or 2 seperate groups is the starting option).

I would love to go down that route, but with the time involved in doing so, and the hours I work already (i wouldn't be able to give up my full time job (guess why i haven't been around here much the last few weeks) - i also suspect that i wouldn't be able to give the members the support they deserve (or that I'd want to be able to give) because of work means the whole thing is just not possible at the moment.

I'm going to re-assess in the new year and maybe look at it again then.

I was tempted a couple of years ago and went to the meeting (I was at target then). I couldn't go through with it as the start up costs were far too high and the amount you get per person walking through the door isn't very high.
Starting a new class from scratch I think it would take a year ish to get back what you have paid out... The £100-£400 a week it says you can earn in the mags are very much at best.

I'd still love to be a consultant and I'm not trying to put anyone off but I was shocked when I found out the true figures for it.

I would love to be a consultant, but only when i can afford to do it out of enjoyment, and not because we need to live from my wage.

the start up costs are high, and some C's really do make all thier money back and are successful financially, others not so. I dont think my C must be making much more than £100 a week. . on the other hand, theres a girl running groups not far from me who only just started up, who has a humungous class and proberly is bringing in the £400 they state.

Good luck, and enjoy the meeting, go with an open mind.. and then re-assess why your wanting to do it.

Its just not financially viable for me at the mo, and quite honestly.. i dont think complete strangers would opt to come to a class run by someone who's only just about to turn 19.
x

i am really interested in becoming a consultant. fed up with my current career and fancy a change

I went for my interview to become a consultant earlier this evening, just got to wait and see now.

It really is a massive commitment, and does appear to take up a lot of time, and dont expect a big turnover quickly, but for me its the helping others thats spurned me on to do it!

Good luck in whatever you decide x

The job sounded fab but it is one you would do for love rather than money IMO.

There is a shed load of work involved in starting up but the support system is fantastic.

I currently dont have the time to devote to the set up (they are keen for people to start classes in Jan for obvious reasons)but will defintely think about it for later next year.

I went for my interview to become a consultant earlier this evening, just got to wait and see now.

It really is a massive commitment, and does appear to take up a lot of time, and dont expect a big turnover quickly, but for me its the helping others thats spurned me on to do it!

Good luck in whatever you decide x

How exciting - good luck!

like everything in life, you will get out of it what you put into it...................start up costs (considering it's your own business) isn't exceptionally high and you could, if you worked at it, get your money back - as such within a short period of time.

Any business requires a financial start - so you would need to look at it like that.

I have been thinking of becoming a consultant. ONLY if and when I get to target and maintain it for 6 months as in the past I have got two stones off - near to target and then stopped going to class and regained the weight.

However, I work more than part time in admin and I also am a reflexologist / alternative health practitioner. For 14 years I only did my alternative health business and taught it - it was really hard work getting new customers and keeping them etc - so I liken that to running a SW consultancy???

I should imagine the rewards are there for the taking though through hard work.

am a chicken should have been for training 1st and 2nd of october then i phoned and cancled :( still something i would like to do just not right at this min if i had gone the month befor i would have had the area i wanted and think there would have been no stopping me :(

Back