Becoming A Consultant!

leedsforever

Silver Member
Hey there,

Long time no post but I wanted some advice before I travel to an opportunity event on sunday to become a Slimming World consultant.
I was made redundant 2 weeks ago and have picked up some promo work as part time. I have got it in my head that I no longer want to work full time for someone else and what better way to keep myself busy and potentially make some money than becoming a Slimming World Consultant?! I would think.

I have lost 7 stone in total and I am all about motivating others and hearing about success stories so it is definetly something I would be very very passionate about. My whole career has been sales, customer focused, "people person" background and I would not shy from the "hard work".

However the initial costs are something that worries me... and also the chance of it failing even though I put in hard work.

Would love some advice, experiences from others? And a better idea of upfront costs before taking the first step.

Sorry if posted in wrong area.

Thanks guys :)

Thats an excellent thread called 'a diary of a slimming world consultant' that I think will answer all your questions.

Its in the diaries section I think.

Yeah I read through the diary of a consultant and was very good reading!

It seems like VERY hard work and I know some of the ladies were saying they only made £15 a week after all costs taken out.

But everyone is different and every situation is different and you don't know until you have tried :) People make great success from it and I'm sure it would be very rewarding too!

Let us know what you decide :)

Thanks chick .. I'm going to have a read of it later.

It's more the up front costs that worry me at the moment , some reading up to £1000?!? Eeek

You are looking around £600 for the cheaper option to £1000 for the full package. This is for a single franchise.
Then add in hotel stays and travel for the training - 6 days in total split into 3 lots of 2 over about 6 months and you are looking at upwards of 12-1400 pounds.

Thanks for your response .. This is what I feared ! It is defo not something I can consider at the moment unfortunately :-(

Back