Beef fajitas - 198 cals each!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I made the most amazing beef fajitas tonight, even if I do say so myself!! I'm going to estimate the spices as I doesn't measure really! But I used big bags of most spices so do know roughly. Top with natural yoghurt, soured cream or nothing as you wish! The amounts of the peppers and stuff was purely because that's only how much I had so obviously weak according to taste!

I had this in 2 tortilla wraps (I used the fajita kit ones from Aldi, we'd already used the Salsa and spices and they were 100 cals each) but you could probably split across 3 if you wanted to.

1 medium onion
1/4 red pepper
1/3 yellow pepper
125g strips of beef (I used Tesco quick cook beef strips)
Tortilla wraps
2tsp chilli powder
1tsp paprika
1tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
1 chopped garlic clove (or use garlic paste, up to you!)

I don't think most of you need instructions but I'll give a quick run down in case. Chuck the onion into a wok or big frying pan, after a few mins add the beef. Once browned, add the pepper and onion and also the spices. You can add a little water if you like it with a bit of sauce. Cook until the veg is done to your taste... I like them with a little bit of crunch still, don't like slimy peppers!

Here's what it looks like...

Attachments

• IMG-20110712-00085.jpg
    IMG-20110712-00085.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 503
I had 2 which I included in the cals. So was 396 for 2, with wraps

That looks fab! Might have to try this one day next week! :D Thanks for the recipe!

sounds good, I will try this one

Back