Beefburger Question

Debs154

Trying again!!
Hi - would these be ok in Cruise please - could do with something handy occasionally

per 100g

per cooked burger
Cal162kCal138kCal
Fat5.5g4.7g
Sat Fat2.6g2.2g
Sugar0.8g0.7g
Salt0.9g0.7g
For further information visit Food labelling - Live Well - NHS Choices

Ingredients:

Beef (81%), Water, Rusk (Wheatflour, Water, Salt, Raising Agent (Ammonium Carbonate)), Onion, Soya Concentrate, Tapioca Starch, Seasoning (Natural Flavouring, Salt, Dextrose, Rice Flour, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Onion, Pepper Extract).

Just checked my mince which I bought today and it's lower in everything esp the sat fat per 100 g. It is extra lean steak mince from Sainsburys. I just make my own burgers out of the mince.

Thanks Saska
I was interested because they'd be handy to have in a lot cheaper than extra lean mince - do you think they are ok? :)

Hiya Debs, I count myself as a Dukan novice and so will let the experienced Dukaneers answer your question. Btw my extra lean mince was 3x500 g for £10 which I thought not bad and will make lots of burgers and cottage pies etc. Saska

Debs the burgers are fine, burgers should be less than 10% fat which those are. The stats looks very good, would live to know which ones they are I would get some.

Bingo on my way to Sainsbury's! :D thanks Debs.

Nutrition
Per 100g Per burger % based on GDA for adult
Energy681kJ583kJ-
162kcal138kcal6.9%
Protein23.5g20.1g44.7%
Carbohydrate4.6g3.9g1.7%
Total Sugars0.8g0.7g0.8%
Fat5.5g4.7g6.7%
Saturates2.6g2.2g11.0%
Mono unsaturates2.2g1.9g-
Polyunsaturates0.2g0.2g-
Fibre0.5g0.4g1.7%
Salt0.90g0.77g12.8%
Sodium0.36g0.31g12.9%

Just realised the carbs didn't copy earlier :)

That's good news for you Debs, I'm pleased you got a response. I wont be buying any tho as I get scared buying prepared foods like this as who knows what kind of beef is used. My uncle has a meat business and I hear too many tales of what goes into sausages and burgers :eek: Having said that if they are covered with ketchup/mayo etc then the flavour is masked but hey each to their own. Enjoy and have a great day, Saska :)

Last edited:
woohoo finally someone has found burgers that are good. I have looked everywhere and no look so far. Make my own most of the time.

Sorry everyone - I found these on mysupermarket.com but couldn't find them online when I looked - has anyone found them in store?

there isn't a sainsburys close to me for every day shopping, hopefully someone else might find them.,

Back