Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Ok. I just finished my spag bol and I AM STUFFED!! Wow. I could barely finish it. HOW strange! It was delicious though!

I'm just about to leave half a bowl of vomit. ..I mean soup. ..ick I'd rather go hungry. Going to try to swap them on Facebook later

It is weird that once we get it into our heads we're back on plan our bodies listen to us :) I think this means we're back in the game! !!!!!!

Yay bee! I wondered if you, Clin and Lou would comeback - you three had awesome threads! How are you? How are the girls / mal / waistline? Sorry so many questions just feels like an odd cyber reunion !!

Hey everyone, it's great to see you all on here again, for one moment there I didn't think this site would up running again!

So, how are we all doing... for me it's been quite a downhill journey and not a nice one at at. Im not going to start until after new year, there's no point me starting now with xmas coming I will just go to pot!

What about you lot? Are you going to be strong and get through christmas dieting. x

Hi! If anyone is still around, I'm back.

Not doing VLCD but also not going to move my diary EVER again. The exact day i finally decided to start a new diary (over in the Exante section) Minimins closed down. Baaaad luck, man.

So. Ive been basically maintain for the last however-long. Not by choice. Ive been trying. Off and on packs every few days because I cant stick to it, or it makes me sick or something else yummy is on offer or its christmas/birthdays/easter etc etc etc. So. Decided to just back away from the entire concept of dieting and trying to lose weight. That was a few days ago. I had just had enough. I was mentally drained. And emotional broken. And bored of it all. It was making me feel down and bad about myself and thats never good or fun. So I decided to step awayyyy.

And then a couple of nights later I had a terrible night's sleep because my brand new 3 week old knickers (which fit ok when i bought them) WERE TOO TIGHT.

That was it. Ive been avoiding buying any clothes etc for over a year because "Im gonna lose weight..." and then I FINALLY break down and buy some new knicks and the bastards stop fitting less than a month after I buy them?! Oh hell no.

So. The next day (Sunday I think) I spent HOURS and HOURS trawling the internet and reading about different diets and approaches and such. I ended up putting together a 3 phase plan for myself which both involves REAL food and also is veggie friendly. So I started yesterday. I weighed to get my starting weight (256.6 !!!!) and set off about my day. Stuck to plan perfectly fine. Then this morning I did a weigh to test the waters and make sure that I didnt randomly gain another trillion pounds - you know me Queen Paranoia - and 253.0 - so it is working. And i can pretty much continue on through phase 1 and expect that at the very least i shouldnt weigh any more at the end of it than i did on day 1!! I then had my husband hide the scales and I will only weight at the end/beginning of each phase. They will all be done back to back, except phases 1 and 2. Im gonna give myself a day off after the first phase to celebrate my littlest girl's 4th birthday. But I wont go mental. And I dont think I will feel the need to as Im actually eating real food. lol.

So that's me in a nutshell. Like I said, not gonna start a new diary or request to move this one because I simply feel like its bad luck (lol!!) and also have no idea where I would even fit in. It isnt calorie counting per se (although it is low-ish cal), nor is it strictly low carb (lunch on day one was a massive fruit salad!) - so. Here I am. :D

Welcome back Bee! I was wondering if you'd come back!

I'm sorry you've had a bit of a rough time with everything, but well done on getting back on track! Taking that first step is the most important thing!

x

I'm well, thank you! I missed you, you know!
I only found out Minimins was back about a week ago :p Glad it's back, cause I just got back on the dieting thing too! Been bouncing around the same stone bracket for a year now, so felt it was time to do something about it!

Same here. Although had been sorta trying. But VLCD is not for me anymore. Im thankful for it having gotten me to this point (and lower, when I was lower! lol) but I just cant do it anymore. And it has really messed up my head quite a lot. But Im working on that now. lol.

Day 2 for me today and so far, so good. :)

Yeah VLCD's ... are really strange things that can really mess with the headspace.. They're - all or nothing, the black and white, so I'm finding it hard to see how a "grey" approach like calorie counting can work for me, but I guess I just have to stick with it and prove to myself that it does!

How do your phases work? o_O how long do they last?

The first phase is basically a tweaked version of this http://www.theveggieeggdiet.com/

I added in cals (in the form of an oatcake here and there, a square of 80% dark choc there, a slice of wholemeal toast from a small loaf from time to time, some quorn bacon or cocktail sausages at breakfast some days...etc) because that was far too low for me. And I also want to be realistic and incorporate enough that I dont get ill and so that it mimics a more normal "not on a diet, just living a normal life" kinda thing. But also still low enough that I will lose weight. It lasts for 7 days.

The 2nd phase is basically the grapefruit diet, but for veggies. That's 12 days.

And the last phase is based on this http://www.makeyourdietworkforyou.com/2wsfl-diet-trial1-1
and lasts for 2 weeks. its basically fruit until 11am and then soup (will try to make fresh but tins will be allowed too) and salad for lunch and then some kind of quorn "meat" or eggs and veg or salad for dinner. it also allows for 2 snacks a day (mid morning and mid afternoon) and will be things like a few olives or an oatcake with nut butter or a few veggie sticks and some hummus or a handful of nuts. Then in the evening a square of dark chocolate.

I have allowed myself to have milk in coffee on all 3 phases, too. But have increased my liquid intake in the form on iced tea and water and the odd glass of diet coke.

I really like your plan bee. So much more realistic, manageable and not designed to torment you!. I've basically been starving mon -fri (like 500-800 a day + exercise) and binging on weekends for an entire year. It's exhausting. Like you I snapped and decided I'd had enough a few days ago and upping midweek calories now in the hope it stops this ridiculous starve binge cycle.

I'm finding it a bit scary though. Are you? It feels weird planning to eat carbs (even the good ones).

Massive well done on day 2 :winner:

Sounds like you have it all planned out! Impressive and seems realistic and manageable like Blondcat said. :)
Good luck on day 3 tomorrow! :)

Back