Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning

Alls well. been sticking to plan no problem. yesterday i thought i would (sorta) batch cook a few different things so i had some stuff ready to grab in the fridge - already portioned out. i made soup from one of the asda soup mixes (fresh ones) and i made a frittata with caulirice that needed to be used as was best before yesterday (oops) and was a bit pong-y when i opened it - should have listened to my gut on that one (more later) and then i also made some stir fry type stuff with a pot of the fresh "cous cous" veg....tesco sells it. its beetroot, carrot broccoli and red onion all chopped/grated finely (think cauli rice) and meant to be a sub for cous cous. Looked colourful and interesting so i got it but it also was best before yesterday (and also smelled a little funny when i opened it. haha) and stir fried that with some chopped up quorn cocktail sausages.

it was all YUCKY! haha. i didnt care for the soup. nothing particularly wrong with it but it managed to taste like a tinned soup (not a huge fan of tinned soups) even though it was all fresh. and it was too herby for me. bleh. i did have a portion for lunch but chucked the other portion.

The frittata didnt work. It tasted...off. BOOO. So I chucked that too.

And the stir fry stuff...the beetroot killed it for me. it was lovely and then you get this tangy/sweet-but-sour and slightly off tasting after-taste. NOPE.

So massive fail on the "being prepared" front. hahaha. Ive decided i will keep it simple in the week ahead. arla pot and frozen fruit or egg whites with any left over veg or some chpped tomatoes for brekkie, Quorn frankfurter (i can only manage one anyway!) with a slice of wholemeal small bread as a "bun" or a chopped up portabello mushroom cooked in garlic and a spoon of philly light on toast for lunch, and dinner can be an egg scramble with various veg in...or vegetarian chilli, Quorn peppered steak and veg, quorn fajitas...etc. simple. i was trying to be too varied. hahaha. then snacks will just be an apple, a ww yog, an alpen light....that sorta thing. Although im finding tht i dont really need snacks so much. usually just in the afternoon around 3ish and then i LIKE to have a little snack/treat in the evenings and have been having an alpen light and coffee which is working well.

So...WI tomorrow. Yay. No clue what the scales will say. I kinda feel like Im cheating becaus TOTM started friday so i was almost definitely weighing heavy on the thursday. i will take the result tomorrow with a grain of salt and look forward to a more accurate WI result for next week. Fingers crossed! (watch me not have lost anything at all..or worse - PUT ON - this wweek. hahah)

Food today:

B: arla and fruit (1 syn)
S: going to costa with a friend. will have a fruity tea i think.
L: quorn frankfurter (1.5 syn), 1 slice wholemeal bread (half my HexB), 1tbspn heinz light mayo, (2syns) pickles (gherkins?!) and tomato
S: apple (if i need it)
D: quorn fajitas (quorn chkn bits, onion, peppers, courgette, chilli, shredded lettuce, half a full sized wrap(4.5 syns) , ff fage and home made salsa. )
S: alpen light (HexB other half)

Syns: 9

Have already sorted food for tomorrow (in my head) as well. I had started to fret "I wont eat before..." blah blah. Nope. Im not going down that road again. Neurosis is NOT MY FRIEND. :D haha. So Im just going to *gasp* BE NORMAL! Breakfast will be my beloved arla and fruit and lunch will be a hot dog or mushroom on toast. Dinner will be after i get home from group. Sorted.

Good luck for tomorrow, it's my weigh in day too so here's hoping we both get a decent result x

Good luck porsche! <3

Today has been fine. I keep feeling myself start to stress that "omg what if i havent lost any weight..."

BUT

This time around Im countering that with "So? Then I try harder/better/differently next week."

I started using henna from lush on my hair late last year and have done it a few times now. I did started off with the brun i think and it didnt really go dark enough for me so i kicked it up to the noir and that had been working well. I did it again today and didnt leave it on long enough (only 1.5 hours when i usually go at least 2.5 minimum) and i wasnt thrilled with the result. Its lacking in the usual richness. So I decided to go into town with Z after I dropped T at rainbows tonight and i got some rouge. hahha. gonna do that tomorrow and leave it on for AGES - i may have a carrot -orange look to my hair (moreso in the light, i would imagine) afterwards but its spring so why not, rtight? hahahaha. ive got some noir anyway. so if its really bad i can always cover it over with that. the beauty is, it doesnt do any damage whatsoever. quite the opposite actually! love it. :D

Good luck for your weigh in today :)
I hope that it all goes well for you!
(I also do my hair with the Noir Henna- it's amazing!)

Ruth
X

rouge is on. Man! It made SUCH a mess. Or rather, *I* made such a mess with it! lol. And its very orange! I got some on my wrist and that splodge is very much orangey coloured ( a bit like dale winton, bless.) - ive been properly tango'd on my arm and around my hairline. hahaha. oops. the noir doesnt do anything LIKE that to my skin. I can keep going with applying to my hair and worry about wiping it off after and not have a single thought that itll stain my skin. Im sure it would if i left for ages but this stuff turns my skin the minute it hits. Woooo! Im gonna aim to leave it for 3 hours so will wash it off at half tweleve. I MIGHT leave it until after lunch and wash it nearer 1. When i was done applying it I checked the time and it was 9:37. I want a rich colour!

Anyway. Food this morning has been DELISH. I really love these arla pots. Omg love love love. lol. If they werent so expensive I would have more than one a day :/ hahahah

So food:

coffee with some of my HexA milk
B: arla and fruit (half small sliced banana, frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. GORGEOUS!) and an alpen light

I cant decide what to eat today for lunch and dinner. I have 2 portabello mushrooms that I really should use up. And I also want to have something for dinner tonight that i dont have to faff with when i get in. I also want to keep it light-ish for lunch. i could do half a tin of baked beans on a slice of toast for lunch and a grapefruit but who uhh....hello wind?! hahaha. ew. So i think i might do either chopped up mushroom with philly on a slice of toast (and use as half my hexB) OR a mushroom "burger" on a wholemeal roll and use it as my entire HexB. Then I was thinking I could treat myself to a lovely bowl of pasta tonight as Im making penne and sauce for zoe tonight. I could just make extra pasta and warm it up when i get in. So I could have mushrooms on toast for lunch...a half a grapefruit around 3 and then when i get home I could have some pasta and sauce with half hexA of cheese on top.

Yes. that's what I will do!

(forgot to save this. hahaha. got back to it a while later so just continuing *rabbitrabbit waffle* lolol

So. Food:

coffee with some of my HexA milk
B: arla and fruit and an alpen light
L: creamy mushrooms on a slice of toast with a few baby tomatoes
S: half a grapefruit
D: Pasta, asda CBY bolognese, half a HexA of grated cheddar

Syns:
Philadelphia - 2
arla - 1
Sauce - 3 (the whole 500g jar is 10.5 and I will have about a quarter of the jar so will just count the 3)

6 (so far) lol

I need to practice the "cobble together some healthy food and then eat it and stop fretting/making it more difficult and/or turning it into a huge production of "will i, wont i" all the time" approach to my food. :rolleyes:

I ended up with a big meaty portabello chopped up and cooked with chopped onion and a little bit of chopped red and green peppers. I added half a hex b of cheese (half cheddar....so a tiiiiny bit. lol) and half philly light. seasoned with salt and pepper and garlic granules. O M G. had that on a slice of small wholemeal and a little bit of left over shredded lettuce on the side.

I am stuffed. I am completely satisfied. It was DELICIOUS. and one of my new fave meals. I will upload a piccy.

NO I WONT. because why? BECAUSE I SCOFFED IT before it dawned on me to take a pic. hahahhahahha O I N K !

Im going to go wash up the dishes and then wash my hair. EXCITING. hahaha. Then I think i shall take my sweet little Zoziebean and have a nap. I flipped the mattress the other day and Its really flipping firm now and Im actually thinking that perhaps its one-sided and i wasnt meant to flip it ?! hahaha. We had a memory foam one like that before but this is just a pocket sprung one. So who knows. But ive been struggling to sleep on it so its gonna get flipped back tonight! Im shattered!

Hiya.

Kinda annoyed tbh - half a pound off (only!). I have zero idea whats going on with my body but that is NO BUENO. That said, totm is mostly gone but i still feel crampy. and there is also the fact that i was doing the crazy grapefruits and cottage cheese thing the week and a half-ish before i started SW. so i will give it another week and see how i get on. :) Im determined to get this weight off. !!

Porsche, how did you do?

Don't be put off :) I always get this in my first week, I lost 1lb last week and in the past have maintained etc. I do well in the second and 3rd weeks, and when I spoke to my consultant about it, it can be down to a number of things, mainly a delay in your body changing etc.

So I'm sure you will do fab next week! Also, the food sounds lovely :)

Ruth
X

Morning :)

Thanks for that Ruth :) Im still annoyed but not enough to put me off (yet!). lol. Im giving it until my 4th WI - if I havent lost at least half a stone by then, I may not continue going and will possibly try it. or something else, from home as I begrudge paying ANYWAY and certainly if I cant make it work. But Im sure it will be fine. Im a bit more settled in my approach to this week. Keeping it simple.

Came in and had pasta last night and BOY did it disagree with me. Seriously, refined carbs are NOT my friend. I would do well to remember this all the time! I was up ill last night. Couldnt get to sleep. Hot flushed SO bad. And pouring sweat. A couple of ...er...trips to the loo :eek::oops::( *ahem* - thoroughly unpleasant. And on my scales Im up a pound from yesterday morning. So LET THAT BE A LESSON. She says....

Anyway. On to a new day with more sensible choices (AND NO PASTA). lol.

Food today:

B: coffee with milk (its actually 2 coffees with milk to make up half HexA had one this morning and the second later on), arla (1syn) with fruit

S: apple and cheese (other half HexA)

L: egg salad (eggs, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber) hellmann's caesar dressing (5 syns)

S: WW yog

D: Homemade lentil "curry" (more like a stew...no curry spices. BLEH! yuckie! - red lentils, petit pois, tinned tomatoes, onion, cauli and potatoes and garlic)

S: aplen light

Syns: 6

Must not -- WILL not deviate from plan. Besides...its all totally scrummy. :)

Need to up my water though. :oops:

As soon as I finish my arla Im going to try to get my avex bottle down and refill it. I would like to try for 3 of those a day, plus a glass of dilutey juice (NSA, of course).

Morning, we'll done for your loss Bee, I can imagine it's not what you wanted to see but I think a 4 week trial is giving it a good go so I shall look forward to seeing how it goes for you next week and hope you get a big number.
3lb off for me so that's ok, I've not actually done many days where I'm 100%, so I can't complain. I'm picking at cheese or other bits of protein, just because. I'm not even sure I'm in ketosis but don't suppose I'm doing too much damage as long as it doesn't lead to me picking up really naughty stuff. I've lost 12lb in 2 weeks so I'm pleased x

Thanks Porsche. I hate all the chopping and changing I do...and because it was TOTM and I had been doing the crazy self-made plan and all of that stuff....I can possibly see why my body would be a bit overwhelmed with it all. And WELL DONE on your loss. That's brilliant! :D :D :D I miss vlcd losses so very much. I just cant manage the plan anymore. :/ And like you said...as long as the stuff youre picking at is protein based....don't sweat it! I found that upping my cals to nearer 800-1000 but keep carbs under 75ish for the day was a sweet spot for me and i actually lost more and functioned better. :D Keep at it, girl! :)

Having my lunch now. sounds so simple...but bacon and egg salad is SO DELICIOUS. lol. kinda like BLT without the bread. and incredibly filling. :D

So far, so good. Ive finished 1 bottle of water and have the next one sitting here thawing a bit (forgot i'd put it in the freezer. oops!). Aiming for this one and at least another 1. Possibly 2 if I manage it. We'll see.

We all want big losses every week that is the nature of things, however, to see the scales move down shows that you are on the right track and that is what is important.. Half pounds don't be long adding up to a significant difference over time when coming off your body or going on.

Vlcd's do spoil you in a way as they leave you with great expectations and it can be difficult to adjust to what is normal weight loss is on other type of diets.

I am trying to keep my carbs under 80 as I feel better in myself and not as sluggish.

Too right, Mini. Vlcd type losses on all diets would be lovely! lol. But as you said, a loss is a loss and even half pounds add up. Im not panicked - yet. Im just a bit annoyed. With myself. With my body. So onward I shall plod. :)

Today has been perfect. Ive had 3 litres of water - well, I will once I finish this last bottle. Having my dinner now. Lovely lentil "curry"/stew. Gonna have a glass of Dr Pepper Zero after I finish my dinner. Then I have an aplen light and a coffee for later.

Trading my alpen light for a small slice of hovis wholemeal with vegemite as I fancy something savoury rather than sweet.

Just planning out my food for tomorrow as well.

B: Coffee (milk from HexA), egg white, 4 quorn cocktail sausages (2 syns), baby tomatoes
S: WW yog
L: fajita salad (quorn chicken pieces, shredded lettuce, onion, courgette, peppers, fage 0% and salsa)
S: alpen light(hexB), coffee with HexA milk
D: Eggs, swede chips (6 syns for olive oil), bacon, mushroom, tomatoes
S: half an arla (1 syn) with frozen fruit
Syns: 9

Morning

Im up (on my scales, obvs!) from 251.6 yesterday morning to 254.4 today. Can only guess it is either the residual from the pasta (omg i was so ill, too) and/or I had over 3L of water yesterday, which is a big increase for me. And although I did go to the loo quite a bit more yesterday, its nothing like what it probably should have been for me. So, I will press on.

Ive also decided to cut out the coffee in the main. I think the caffeine is making me feel woosy in the evenings. So Im going to try not having any coffee and see how I get on today and tomorrow. I am, however, having chai tea (asda's own is gorgeous and i dont put milk in it). I had a cup this morning already as I woke up at about 4am and couldnt get back to sleep. *sigh*

Food today slightly changed....

B: egg white, 4 quorn cocktail sausages (2 syns), baby tomatoes, slice of cheddar (half my HexA), 1 slice wholemeal toast (hexB)
L: salad - quorn chicken pieces, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted sprouts, hellmann's dressing (2.5 syns)
S: alpen light(hexB)
D: Quorn broccoli and cheese escalope (7 syns) swede chips, roasted courgette
S: half an arla with fruit (0.5 syns)
Syns: 12

tea, water (but maybe not quite as much as yesterday. I felt like a bloated fish!) and dr pepper zero

You're doing well Bee :) Water retention is a funny thing, the body can freak out over any number of things... Sometimes it holds on to water when it doesn't get enough... AND when it gets too much. Sometimes it's salt. Sometimes it's down to weight loss and body refilling the fat cells with water not to lose too quickly. I also gained 3lb overnight a couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason and then lost it over the next day/two. It doesn't mean you're not losing actual weight, just the body is doing its own thing to balance things out.
SW does work, it's just that it's more of a long term kind of thing from what I can see :) I know calorie counting is absolutely tedious and fiddly, but maybe count 1 typical day and see that it's not going over :) Your food choices look very healthy and lovely though, so I don't see a reason why it should be! But a quick check doesn't hurt ^.^

Hope you'll have a lovely weekend x

LOL! So funny you should mention that...I actually started logging on mfp yesterday to keep an eye on it. It seems completely on track now except I can imagine that my carbs were a bit high last week purely down to all the fruit. Maybe too much fruit. And also that its VERY low fat. A bit too low for my liking tbh. Im one of those weirdos that thinks healthy fats are actually...healthy! So I may start using a bit more olive oil and kerrygold (free range butter....soooo delish! and a little goes a long way) butter here and there just to sort that out. It also dawned on me that (most likely as a consequence of the very low fat) I havent been....er..."going" much lately. As Im a veggie anyway, my body is pretty used to the fibre content of my diet, generally, regardless of what "plan" im doing. So lots of veg is pretty normal for me. So most likely wont "help things along". But I will up the fat a bit and see if that helps.

My numbers yesterday worked out at

cals 1008 (ok. maybe a bit low. the extra fat will up that naturally), carbs 83, fat 32, protein 85

I normally dont keep an eye on fat, at all. But that seemed really rather low. So I looked over MFP generally in the last few months and I seem to average nearer 45. We'll see.

Haha, MFP is a pretty cool thing, easy to use as well :D I really should use it again, as I've no idea what the breakdown of what I eat is atm. :p Maybe that's where I go wrong, but with my intermittent fasting thing, I don't think it's too much of an issue. I have straight carbs only on occasion, and usually stick to veg and protein. ^.^

You're so right - it took me a while to recognise this, but good fats are very beneficial! I think my round at Atkins a while back made me see that, fat gives more long-term energy and feeling of 'fullness' over carb-rich foods. Fruits are nice, but they're so sugary, I tend to avoid them. They can give me too much of a sugar-high and then I'm hungry again within a very short amount of time. But we're all affected differently. :) Your calories are a touch on the low side, but if anything, it gives some perspective on how you're doing. :)

x

Just found a Quorn peppered steak all on its lonesome in the fridge so will have that as needs to be eaten anyway. Will add in some mushrooms and onions on top and will use a teaspoon of olive oil for the swede chips.

-----•--------------•-----

So i forgot to save that ^ lol

Had a truly lovely and filling dinner!

Quorn steak with mushrooms and onions on top, swede chips (i soooo wish theyd crisp up! Mine never do. Still yum though) a little salad (just lettuce and cucumber and tomato) and a few bits of roasted veg (courgette, baby carrots, sprouts) leftover from lunch. Loads of superfree!

Have had no coffee today and instead have had 3 cups of Asda chai. Also had 3 pints of sugar free dilutey juice. Feeling much better tonight so far!

Back