Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Right. So that's everything tried apart from the gooey chocolate pudding which i am saving to have tomorrow as a treat for my hard work baking a birthday cake for Z. lol. And for AVOIDING tasting anything as Im baking it. Or nibbling on the M&Ms etc. Because I wont. Taste. Or nibble. *note to self. DONT TASTE OR NIBBLE*.

So here is my final round-up

Chocolate caramel crispy bar -YES!!!!!
Vanilla cereal - YES!!
Strawberry jam bars - YES!!!!!!
PB bar - NO.
Coconut bar - All the NOPES.
Apple crumble - Probably not. I would just order A/C porridge if I wanted something like that. Is more filling.
Tiramisu - No. Its ok. But I wont bother with it.
Chai Latte shake - Really quite nice! Would probably re-order.
Lemon cheesecake shake - Nice! I may order it again when its warmer and I fancy some shakes.
Creamy coconut shake -Had a second thought and this would be nice with cinnamon added. So yes. Would re-order!
Choc gooey pudding - Am going to save this to have on Wednesday night when everyone else is having birthday cake ;)
Cookies and cream shake - Its inoffensive. Just tastes generally "white"/vanilla-y.
Strawberry and Banana smoothie - Very nice. Added cinnamon. Delish.
Almond Milk and Vanilla shake - Its fine. I would order it if I wanted to do some shakes.

But trying these shakes has reminded me, yet again, that I am NOT a shake person. I make them up very thick and eat with a spoon otherwise I dont feel like Ive "had a meal". Or eaten anything. So I think shakes will be a very occasional thing from now on. Maybe have a few in for when I want something ice-creamy in the summer and can have that as my last evening snack pack/"dessert". But I will stick to the things I can chew. The 2 bars I LOVE and will absolutely be ordering more. And the cereal was really nice too. Felt "normal". So I will absolutely have those too. And then mainly just my pancakes.

Happy Birthday to Z (tomorrow)! :D As for baking - good luck! You can do it without tasting, but it's so tempting... I've been avoiding baking anything for a while because I know I can't resist :p If I have some, I feel bad and my tastebuds are shot because sugar desensitises it all and everything except high fat and sugary food suddenly taste like ash. It's a bit weird! I'm glad I'm off the stuff at the moment. :)

You are right with driving, it gives so much freedom if you just push through. There were so many times I wanted to give up and tell my driving instructor I want to quit. I'm glad you've found someone who is patient and willing to go at your pace - that's so important. I had the world's most patient instructor, I was very lucky, he's the only reason I actually passed at all. I am still shaky with driving - and I passed two years ago, but he gave me enough skills and tools to manage most situations, I still hear him in the back of my head. Haha, he was amazing. Are you doing it in an automatic this time too? It probably took me twice as long as I learned in a manual (coordination is really not my strong point...), but I'm glad I did. But on the flip side, now I find automatics extremely confusing... I FREAKED OUT in my OH's monster BMW, there's no way I'm driving that thing EVER. O_O

Hi bee - all caught up. Can't wait for report on chocolate gooey pudding :)
I've seen them advertised, they look pretty awesome!

Hope you're having a good week

All of these shakes, puddings etc sound a bit fab!!
I too am waiting on the report on the chocolate gooey pudding!

Hope you're alright.

Ruth
x

Last edited:
Hiya Cat! Missed ya. Hope all is well xx

Hiya Ruth! :)

So....yesterday was Zoe's birthday. But the day BEOFRE that....we had an incident with Burger King. Oops. But Zoe practically pulled me in there and was very adamant. :| anyway. It wasnt too bad by my "normal" standards. I had 4 onion rings, a whopper jr (sans beef....hence the onion rings. I take the meat out and out the onion rings in as a "patty" sorta. i know, genius. haha! ;P lol) and about 1/3 of a small fries (so about 8 lol) - not a huge catastrophe in the grand scheme of things but pretty bad when on VLCD. But afterwards. I felt crap. Both frustrated and angry and sad with myself but also physically just a bit bleurgh. I felt SO crap, in fact, that i only had half a portion of frittata the rest of the day.

That night, I baked Zoe a cake. I'll post a pic later if you want to see it. It was a rainbow sponge with cadburys fingers along the outside edge, all the way around. And then the top was filled with M&Ms and then I put some edible wafer characters from her fave cartoon (hey duggee) in top to look kinda like they were jumping in a ball pool. It was super cute. At the last minute I stuck a freddo in for good measure. Theyre her fave thing in the entire world.

So I went to bed feeling sick. Didnt pick or anything but the smell alone of all that sugar makes me feel full and a bit sick tbh. lol. Weird, I know.

Then yesterday was great but super busy. Hubby had to work and Z had a fitful night so we were all kinda tired (and a bit cranky) and I had some errands to run. Then on the way back from town we popped in to visit with my friend for a bit. Stayed for an hour or so and when we left it was like noon and the girls were hungry and even more tired. So we headed home, fed the girls and I had my first pack - vanilla cereal. So nice.

Then Zoe and I had a nap while Tabby read her comics, did some worksheets and played Minecraft on the ipad. She's currently very much into female aviators (Amelia earhart and Amy Johnson...etc) so she was working on building Amy Johnson's plane. Anyway. When we got up it was time to get ready and dash out to take T to Rainbows. Met hubby on the way home and walked back together. Then about 35 mins later we had to turn around and go pick T up. lol. On the way back they got chippy as that's what Z wanted.

Came in and everyone had dinner (I had frittata and salad) and by the time we were done with that it was 7pm! Z opened presents and then I finally brought the cake out at around 7:30 and tbh, I couldnt be bothered to make the choc pudding by then. I had ONE cadbury finger and then just stuck with my dr pepper zero.

Went to bed at about 9 after they played with the bubble machine Zoe got for her birthday. Phew. Exhausted.

So no review on the pudding yet. May have it later today.

Weigh in this morning - stayed the same - 250. Annoyed but it really could have been so much worse.

This lovely weather we have been having the last 2 days is helping me to get inspired, focused and to just generally get my bum in gear. No more messing about. The clock is ticking and I definitely have to be smaller for our hols. Lest it be miserable for me and miserable for my kids and hubby.

Also. Bought Jessamyn Stanley's Yoga for EveryBody bundle on cody app which is currently on sale. Did Day 1 today. LOVED it. Its the very first time I have ever connected with yoga in the way that you are meant to. It was not "a workout". It was an experience. Hard to describe without sounding completely cheese and mental. But yeah. Loved it. Cant wait for tomorrow's session.

Aww I want to see the cake! It sounds amazing :D

I love the motivation coming through! You did really well even amid the stress and random events, you were mindful of how to react. In the grand scheme of things, I know you've lost weight, so today at WI you've probably hung on to a little bit of water from the random pickings - but, it will come off and then some more!
x

Thanks Min! Im trying to keep my head calm and my focus strong! Lol

Cake!
image.jpeg

I use Wilton gel food colours and theyre BY FAR the best...absolute best. Beautiful rich colour with just a little bit, dont water down your batter and no chemical taste. x If you cant find them locally (I think Lakeland sell them), then ebay or amazon have them. I get mine on ebay usually. :) xx

And last cake post. This was also rainbow inside. And was SO hard. I have absolutely no formal training. Never taken a class or anything. As Im sure is pretty obvious. But this was tabby's 4th birthday cake and was really hard to do. lol. tabbycakedoll.jpg

Right. Anyway. Enough cakes!

I must have walked at least 10,000 steps and probably more. Phew. But i got all my errands sorted and got all the bits at the shop that I needed and also voted. Phew. The seamstress said she will have Tabby's Rainbows trousers hemmed up and ready for collection on Saturday which is perfect as she has her first trip with them on Sunday. I'm going along as a "parent helper". Yay. hahah.

Foods been fine today.

Excited to do my yoga tomorrow morning. And to stay PERFECTLY on plan this week so I have a not-disappointing weigh in next thursday. :D

Will have the gooey cake tomorrow night. :)

Oh damn girl!!! That cake is immense!! So perfect for a littly :eat:.

Your BK incident was by my standards a roaring success frankly based on food consumed but I 100% get the feelings you had afterwards. And can I just say onion ring burger???? DREAMY :0icanfly:

I'm not surprised you didn't have a loss this morning, I never would after fast food. But well done for getting on scales. I love that your daughter is building planes on her game and knows about women like AE - love that :)

Defo sounds like a busy few days and remain excited about gooey choc pudding. I have given up sugar for May in the hope of shifting last half a stone. It's literally the only thing that ever derails me. So frustrating but I am so determined to conquer it :upyours:

Well done on getting straight back on plan and to the fact it's Fri-yay tomo and awesome on the 2lbs - go girrrrlllll xx :)

Well done on the loss that is fab!!!!!

I also hope that you enjoy your yoga and I secretly wish I had rainbow trousers although I fear I may be too old... ;)

Ruth
X

LOl Ruth Theyre not actually rainbow, sadly. Theyre red. Boohiss.

Morning all :)

Have been very busy trying to "get stuff sorted" in general today....cleaning Zoe's buggy so I can get it sold.....doing copious amounts of laundry.....dishes....yoga.

But all still fine. On plan. No worries. Feeling great :)

Aww your daughter is gorgeous <3

And to be honest, if I had a child, I would come to you for cakes. 100%. I think I'll book it in for 5 years time, I'm jealous of your skills!

I'm glad your day is going well so far!
x

Back